Author Topic: Recent purchases  (Read 52399 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2014, 12:17 PM »
Got Vizam, Merumeru and Plagueis at a local grocery store. They put out a fresh case of Wave 3 so I snagged the ones I wanted most. I had planned on ordering a case but decided some figures I didn't want at all (Troopers) and others just didn't look as great in person (Mace Windu).
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2014, 09:05 PM »
Saw most of Wave 5 at Target this afternoon on the way home from work. Poor Sergeant Doallyn's bubble was all smashed to bits but I decided to give him a good home anyway since he is an opener for me anyways.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2014, 09:16 PM »
Loaded up on K-Mart Value 2-Packs tonight.  Cleared the store out.  It won't be my only one to do so either.  ;D  They did have the Jedi Speeder thingiemahickey too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2014, 08:38 PM »
I hate to post it in the SotDS area, since these are new scores, but I found more of the Value-Pack Vehicle sets at my more local K-Mart tonight.  Two cases worth to be exact.  I also got to see the cases fresh to see how these are coming, and it's really random.  One case had two of the same set, while another case had 3 completely different sets.

All sets share the same UPC too, so individual searching for specific ships is pretty much not gonna happen.

I'd also point out that last night's K-Mart had two sets that tonight's K-Mart didn't have at all, and both cases from last night's find were packed with 3 unique sets.  It's a crap shoot is the point.

Likewise I just got a report from a friend at an Ollie's outlet...  I hate to even mention Ollies because they're such a local thing, it's pointless to say much about it.  HOwever they have these stacked higher than an average man stands, so yeah...  They're getting a ****load more at the slightly higher $19.99 pricepoint to K-Mart's $14.99.  They've also got the AT-AP/Swamp Speeder set, and Mando Transport/Ani Fighter set which I've yet to see at a K-Mart.

Yet again given the randomness of the cases, I imagine it's quite likely you'd find those two sets at a K-Mart on any given trip just because.

IF (and it's a huge if, because you probably don't) you have an Ollie's, I'd go now.  K-Mart too, but Ollie's has stuff just in huge piles.  K-Mart I assume is only shipping a couple cases at a time to any given store.  Ollie's is a disaster (think Big Lots, but far worse) so they can dump 'em all out and it would only improve the aisle.

Speaking of Ollie's, don't be too jealous of me for reporting this.  I have 3, and they're all an hour away and I've yet to go to one because they're an hour away.  They're great if you have one near by and you KNOW something's hitting there (like this), but at an hour from me and all out in the middle of nowhere (further than I already am) 3 different directions, I can't really get to them easily at this point.

It's a cool dealio, but K-Mart is my jam on this one.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2014, 10:22 AM »
I hate to post it in the SotDS area, since these are new scores, but I found more of the Value-Pack Vehicle sets at my more local K-Mart tonight.  Two cases worth to be exact.  I also got to see the cases fresh to see how these are coming, and it's really random.  One case had two of the same set, while another case had 3 completely different sets.

All sets share the same UPC too, so individual searching for specific ships is pretty much not gonna happen.

I'd also point out that last night's K-Mart had two sets that tonight's K-Mart didn't have at all, and both cases from last night's find were packed with 3 unique sets.  It's a crap shoot is the point.

Likewise I just got a report from a friend at an Ollie's outlet...  I hate to even mention Ollies because they're such a local thing, it's pointless to say much about it.  HOwever they have these stacked higher than an average man stands, so yeah...  They're getting a ****load more at the slightly higher $19.99 pricepoint to K-Mart's $14.99.  They've also got the AT-AP/Swamp Speeder set, and Mando Transport/Ani Fighter set which I've yet to see at a K-Mart.

Yet again given the randomness of the cases, I imagine it's quite likely you'd find those two sets at a K-Mart on any given trip just because.

IF (and it's a huge if, because you probably don't) you have an Ollie's, I'd go now.  K-Mart too, but Ollie's has stuff just in huge piles.  K-Mart I assume is only shipping a couple cases at a time to any given store.  Ollie's is a disaster (think Big Lots, but far worse) so they can dump 'em all out and it would only improve the aisle.

Speaking of Ollie's, don't be too jealous of me for reporting this.  I have 3, and they're all an hour away and I've yet to go to one because they're an hour away.  They're great if you have one near by and you KNOW something's hitting there (like this), but at an hour from me and all out in the middle of nowhere (further than I already am) 3 different directions, I can't really get to them easily at this point.

It's a cool dealio, but K-Mart is my jam on this one.

I'm just jealous you are finding these at K-Marts at all. I spent my whole day off driving around to all the BFE K-Marts around here and none of them had ANY of these. Are they stocking them in the SW aisle, clearance aisle, or some other random location near the toy section?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2014, 02:17 PM »
They don't have a spot on the floor, so they're going wherever, or back to the back of the store I'd assume.  I'm going to hit up a couple more KM's this weekend if I manage the time.  I've actually got a slightly more free Saturday to myself so I may get time to do this.

Ollies is much more on with finding them,w hich it turns out Ollies is far more numerous than I thought...  All the way to Indiana, Michigan, NY, NJ, and as far south as Georgia.  I'm shocked.  Used to only be a PA thing.  Believe they originated out this way.

Still, very east coast for the most part aside from OH, IN, and MI.  Most of the country doesn't have them to check even.  They are getting in a ton and dumping them all at once.  I have a feeling K-Mart's allotment wasn't to be out yet.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2014, 04:41 PM »
Got TBS #21 Luke Skywalker (dagobah training) a neat figure without the "baldness effect".

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2014, 08:34 PM »
Awesome, thanks Jesse that is good to know. I will keep that in mind for my next run.

Luckily, we do have an Ollie's here and they have gotten a lot of money from me the past few days. This is just like a gift from the gods, a second chance at some of these things. (Always wanted a cheap opener of a Vulture Droid or Hyena Bomber and now I have both :))

I'd still like a Jedi Turbo Speeder, hoping to find one of these next.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2014, 01:17 AM »
At another "local" (hour away, but what isn't for me?) Ollies I was able to find more sets...  Actually they had a ton still, this was on Saturday evening.  They have so many I doubt they're selling out.

I think some of the hype's overdone on these sets, personally.  Unless you lucked into the really good ones, or you didn't have half this stuff (as I didn't), most of it was all stuff that was WIDELY available in 2011.  I saw all these Jedi Fighters, the Droid ships (including the Gunship), the V19, the Snowspeeder, the Cloud Car...  Those things even went on sale and I recall the Vintage boxed snowspeeder on clearance at Target.  I saw Swamp Speeders, AT-AP's, Hovertanks, and most all of this stuff surfacing at Ollies and/or K-Mart, people just weren't buying much of it at the time.  I didn't see many Republic Artillery sets back when they were new but I recall quite a few reports of people who did, sooooooo...

So unless you're finding Mando Transports or the Jedi Speeder, which I don't think many saw those in any quanitity, these are just nice ships at great prices. 

Don't get me wrong, that's awesome, but I've seen some harping that this is once again a sign of Hasbro not getting people what they want, but I'd gladly point out my above statement that I don't think anything but two of these ships are really "rare" at all, and I'd say the Jedi Speeder is the ONLY one that I can attest is still short-packed.  I saw 3 sets with Mando Transports at the Ollies I hit and it's been that way in most reports I've personally heard.  The Jedi Speeder, it seems to be a one-off at any given place getting these.  It may be the only one that's legitimately "rare".  Though I will say I saw a 501st Hover Tank, and only one of it, and I honestly don't recall many of those on retailer shelves.  Go figure.

Anyway, my point with that long statement is this: The Snowspeeder/CC set is among the most quick to sell out, out of all of these (before even the Mando ship).  That, to me anyway, says this is less about "scalpers" or other phantoms people fear, and less about some made up Hasbro issue on the topic, and much more about good ships at a good price...  It's a novel idea, I know, but it just harkens to me that the only real gripe out there is that things are pricing themselves out of what the MAJORITY (IE: not us) are willing to pay on a whim.  I feel it's creating most of the other issues.  And thus Hasbro is trying to remedy this pricing issue, but they can't just create a new economic situation where they can deliver greatness for cheap, and what they can deliver for cheap the vocal minority (IE: us) simply complain about because it's not the ideal thing we want for half the price it costs to make it.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2014, 09:28 AM »
I was lucky enough to score the last Jedi Turbo Speeder from the ghetto Ollie's here, glad I made it out alive. I agree this one seems to be the hardest to find. I pretty much have everything I want now (after having bought six of these things over the past week) unless someone discovers a Droid Tri-Fighter or Ahsoka's Starfighter in some odd assortment.

I don't see anything to get bent out of shape about with these things showing up, just seems like a nice surprise to me. I still hope to one day see a Shae Vizsla or Starkiller pop up again on a toy shelf.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2014, 05:19 AM »
Yeah, so if anyone finds an extra Snowspeeder/Cloud Car set, let me know. I missed out on both of those in 2010.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2014, 01:19 PM »
Picked up Wave 4 at TRU thanks to the 40% BOGO sale. They didn't have the Snowtrooper Commander, however, so I'll snag one online.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2014, 08:52 PM »
Picked up today the tbs # 24 snowtrooper commander at Juaneco Toys.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 3, 2014, 11:19 AM »
Tru near me had multiple ree yees and jabba's skiff guards this morning
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 6, 2014, 09:11 AM »
Been picking up some older figures recently. I got Sandstorm Lando and Leia, Dr. Evazan and Kithaba.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours