Author Topic: Amazon Droid Factory Multi-Pack  (Read 26056 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon Droid Factory Multi-Pack
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2013, 10:55 PM »
$29.99 as of now

WTF?!?!

I sent an email to customer service at Amazon.  Let's see how many of these orders they'll price adjust.  I only placed my order about 1 week ago.

***EDIT - 1 hour later, and I have confirmation from Amazon Customer Service that they're refunding me the price difference.  Very cool, Amazon!!!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 11:54 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2013, 10:56 PM »
Heck yeah! I was hoping it would stay at $40 for a while and pick one up but I just placed my order for a set. Came out to $37 after tax and shipping for me in Texas, but still a great, great deal.

They've actually got a special going at Amazon for a free month of Amazon Prime.  That translates to free shipping!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 1, 2013, 10:30 PM »
Emailed Amazon for the price adjustment. They did it within 15 minutes of me sending the email. Amazon rules!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #63 on: December 5, 2013, 11:08 PM »
Thanks to a tip from JD, these are now listed at $23.99. ******* crazy.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 5, 2013, 11:12 PM »
Wow.  They must not be selling, at all.

I'm pretty happy with the $26 I got back... but that price is ridiculous.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #65 on: December 5, 2013, 11:29 PM »

Can't imagine why. Throw one A, B or even C level character in there and they wouldn't be doing this I think. As it stands, it's an abortion in a to-go box that no one gives two ***** about. I wouldn't be the least surprised if this craters at $19.99 at some point.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: December 5, 2013, 11:40 PM »
At this price, I ordered a 2nd set...  buncha army builders and 2 droids that are nice to have...  I'm content.  May sell the BAD figure off for something to even offset this since it's a figure I don't really NEED 2 of anyway, haha.  The army builders though are ok if you want more of 'em.

Anyone needing a couple red Battledroids? :P
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 5, 2013, 11:46 PM »
I had ordered five sets to part out when they dropped to $30 (well, $40, but I got the price adjusted), but I couldn't resist grabbing another two sets at this lower price. I may grab a few more sets, since $4 a figure is a terrific deal.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 5, 2013, 11:58 PM »

Can't imagine why. Throw one A, B or even C level character in there and they wouldn't be doing this I think. As it stands, it's an abortion in a to-go box that no one gives two ***** about. I wouldn't be the least surprised if this craters at $19.99 at some point.

I think multipack sets either need a strong theme or to be comprised entirely of "A" characters to do well. This Droid Factory lineup wasn't compelling enough for collectors or casual buyers. Imagine an entirely Clone Wars or Tatooine/Mos Eisley themed set though...

Also, the initial pricing might have killed this set as well. Collectors have come to expect large figure sets to be better values, but the $60 price point wasn't a deal. Like TRU's Jedi Knight set (now marked down to $22.50 BTW), this was initially overpriced and is now at deep discount. Maybe if it was priced at $40 from the start it would have sold better.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: December 6, 2013, 12:07 AM »
$60 for 7 figures is overpriced?  I can't say I agree...  I can get not liking what is in this, but those TRU sets were actually more per figure ultimately at their initial price...

I dunno, for me I didn't mind these.  I didn't love them, and they weren't huge on my list this year, but I happily pre-ordered at full price (got an adjustment but that was because I'm cheap as hell).

I appreciated another TIE Pilot, Sandtrooper...  I thought the Geonosian made an ok extra...  I appreciated getting the two droids of course.  I didn't care for the Battledroid but I think most probably liked it more than I did.

The Clone...  eh.  DAMN HIS HELMET!!!!! (j/k)

Seriously though, I'm cloned out on anyone but super duper Commander remakes or EU.  Orrrrrrrrrr...  An impaled 501st would be awesome because it just makes sense to do one up that way.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 6, 2013, 07:35 AM »
Just ordered a second set at the $23.99 price point. I just couldn't help myself at that price.

The set is not my favorite but I don't hate it, and I was happy with my original set at $30. Love the TIE Pilot, Sandtrooper and Geonosian, and Dooku's Droid and the BAD are great figures too. I'm also happy to get more red Battle Droids, as I am the only person who likes that redone Battle Droid (I think I got several sets from various BOGOs and clearances). Like Jesse said, the only real "bad" figure in the set is the Clone, due to the reasons he listed about Clone fatigue and such.

$60 is a good deal considering that figures are $10 plus individually but with multipacks, people are looking for a bit of a bargain. All but one of these figures are repaints. Easy to see why people would be hesitant at $60, but jump on it at $30 and below.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 6, 2013, 09:26 AM »
Figures must have a huge markup to discount these to 60%. You know they are still making money on these.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 6, 2013, 11:37 AM »
Figures must have a huge markup to discount these to 60%. You know they are still making money on these.

I wouldn't be too sure about that... if they really weren't moving, losing $X.00 per sale is better than not selling any at all.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 9, 2013, 04:56 PM »
I just ordered another two sets myself - the price is too good to pass up.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #74 on: December 9, 2013, 06:53 PM »
Given what these sets are its just as possible these are very inexpensive for the retailer.  Kmart was making profit on their 2 packs even at their sale prices and with the available coupons for toys...  Or so I've been told.  These exclusives have all had one thing in common this year and it wasn't tons of new parts.