Collectibles > The Black Series 3.75"

The Black Series 3.75" - Wave 4

<< < (12/20) > >>

Jedi Idej:

--- Quote from: Scott on July 22, 2014, 04:53 PM ---Luke turned out way better than I thought

--- End quote ---

Ugh, those elbow joints belong on Marvel/GI Joe knees.

But for those wondering, now we know how Yoda looks in a rebel starfighter flight suit?   :)

Jesse James:
:D

Jesse James:
Sounds like the EE order my local buddy made is on its way.  Finally some new friggin' toys to play with! :)  I mean pose.  :-[

Pete_Fett:
Got my Wave 4 case from EE today.

Luke isn't as bad as the pictures made him out to be. Yes, his elbows are horrible, but I can certainly appreciate what they were trying to do - and that was enable him to bring his hands up and grab the shoulder straps of the backpack - and really, the type of joint they used is the ONLY way to achieve a near 180degree bend in the elbow.

Glad to finally have some NEW figures in-hand.

Jesse James:
This wave's at my buddy's that we split a case from EE...  I'm anxious just to have new toys, but this wave knocked out (theoretically) some figures I really was anxious to get before the line implodes.  A posable Dagobah Luke has probably been a top 3 ESB want for myself for a bit.

Yoda, I'll deal with the TVC Yoda in the pack ultimately I think.  Perhaps a little gear exchange.  I'm very dejected though, that they allowed that figure to get so shoddy in terms of articulation.  $10 it is not.  I'd actually say I get more annoyed with that as time rolls along.

I've heard the TBS head swaps to the TVC body pretty well, which is articulated more than enough to suit me ultimately.  I actually thought the TVC head looked pretty good in its own right though, and perhaps TBS's gear will swap to it nicely.   :-\

Luke is just, to me anyway, the articulated one that I wished the OTC one was.  I'll buy several Lukes to display in several poses ultimately. 

The Farr and Snowie COmmander are ok.  The Commander's a little bit of a miff with the plastic skirt making his leg articulation pointless though, so I can see customizing one of mine to have a cloth skirt piece...  Why they'd not go that route is beyond me when the best Snowtrooper they've done has the skirt.

I'm fine with no removable helmet on him too...  It's a neat feature on the TVC Snowtrooper but minor.  Most of my Stormtroopers don't have it.

The Dak figure, while people hate him for some odd reason, he's a great army builder.  I'd probably take a dozen more of him honestly.  He headswaps nicely with the Fleet trooper style heads iirc (Hoth Rebels, Naboo Pilots, Death Star Trooper, Needa, etc.), so I guess I do a lot of mix/match of the heads anyway.  I even whipped up a Keyan Farlander Hoth Pilot.  Pretty neat IMO since he's kind of all over the place (though ironically probably not at Hoth).

It's as solid a wave as Hasbro's made in a while it feels like, and I've not had a new figure to mess with since 2013 plopped Wave 3 out before Xmas (seriously).  So I'm pretty happy.  It looks far more interesting than the non-pant-defiling stuff revealed at SDCC...  which I liked, but it's a bit of a yawner compared to Wave 4 I think.

We'll see what Toy Fair tickles us with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version