Author Topic: Star Trek  (Read 45540 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek
« Reply #345 on: May 18, 2017, 09:38 AM »
Yeah, the Klingons look odd in this version.  Not sure why they had to mess with the design, but perhaps they felt they needed to give something fresh to the audience.

And I didn't know there was a Star Wars/Trek crossover with Rey on Jakku making an appearance.  ;)

Otherwise, this looks like it could be fun.  I'd like to catch this, though, but will likely have to wait since I don't have Access and I have enough on my plate right now.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi Master
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #346 on: May 18, 2017, 10:24 AM »
I wasn't impressed with the last three movies, and this trailer (even with Michelle Yeoh) doesn't look good enough to pay for.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 10:24 AM by Matt_Fury »
Peacekeeper, when it absolutely, positively has to be nuked in 30 minutes or less.  Or the next nuke's free!

Offline Dave

• Jedi Knight
  • Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 18, 2017, 01:48 PM »
Was flipping channels the other night and caught Star Trek Insurrection for the first time.  Wow was that movie a snooze with crappy effects.  No better than an average ST:TNG episode.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 18, 2017, 04:32 PM »
Insurrection, but as someone said the plot of the film amounts to TNG crew trying to stop some bad guys from beaming people up against their will.

The Ba'Ku..screw them. Pacifist luddites by choice...after years of space exploration they found fountain of youth planet, but now the cannot protect it themselves, oh, because luddites...by choice.  They aren't native. Prime Directive doesn't apply, as the admiral points out. So again, Ba'Ku are enemies of progress. No matter how evil the So'Na were, I still felt nothing for the technophobes who couldn't control their own children.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 19, 2017, 10:25 AM »
I have no idea what any of that means, but this looks like it takes itself way to seriously.  This Trailer looks more like my style...
"After Tuesday even the calendar goes W T F. "