Author Topic: Guardians of the Galaxy  (Read 48776 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Guardians of the Galaxy
« Reply #105 on: August 7, 2014, 09:08 AM »
I enjoyed the movie.  And like a lot of other people I didn't have any previous exposure to the GotG comic.  But the movie stood well on it's own and the characters were interesting.  I may go back and see it again.

Seeing some of the big cosmic players in the Marvel Universe on screen like this was great.  Without getting into spoiler details there were so many civilizations and individuals that got touched upon:  Thanos, Ronan the Accuser, the Kree, Xandar and the Nova Corps, the Celestials, the Infinity Stones and the Collector. WHOA.  That's a lot of Marvel cosmic territory to cover, but it got done without shoe-horning.

I really liked getting to see the Collector's museum.  Obviously, there were the two characters that were seen in the post credits scene.  But in the initial scenes I also noticed some other beings in the collection that we'd seen in previous movies, like a Chitauri as well as a Dark Elf.

And another thing that I noticed?  On one of the ships there seemed to be some glyphs that resembled something we saw on television.  Hmmm...
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 7, 2014, 09:44 AM »
I saw this and liked it, but I don't know if I missed something in conversation or what (I do have a slight hearing problem), so I might have to see it again.  But it left me with questions... maybe it's something in the comics that didn't translate.  I guess for me, it'd be cool to see some more background stories of Rocket/Groot, Drax and Gamora. 

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 13, 2014, 12:18 PM »
saw this last night with my 10 year old girl and 6 year old boy and they loved it. Of course their favorite scene was near the end when baby Groot was dancining in the pot. And unfortunately my lil guy was about to pee his pants cuz it was such a long movie for him so we missed the end credit scenes.  :'(
But in all i loved it, VERY funny and i'm glad i went in not knowing anything about these characters so no preconceptions or comparisons to comic book versions. The part i loved the most was how much my kids enjoyed it. There was no squirming in the seats or falling asleep, lots of laughs from them.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2014, 08:02 AM »
Caught this last night and thought it was great.  Definitely fits in with the rest of the MCU movies.  However, this leaves me wanting another movie in the space between now and Avengers 2!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 2, 2014, 07:57 AM »
Well deserved.  I finally saw it over the weekend and it has to be one of my top five favorites of all Tim.  Great action, solid story, fun. Characters.  I loved it.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 3, 2014, 04:33 PM »
Loved every second of it. Man, what a fun ride! Saw it twice and definitely want to see it a third time.

The whole gang worked great together. Loved Groot's "Hulk vs. Loki" moment (that face!), Michael Rooker was just brilliant as Yondu, what a guy! And that face of Ronan when the infinity stone gets knocked off his hammer.... priceless  ;D Heck, everything was great, hahaa!

I have had the Awesome Mix Tape Vol. 1 in my car for a month now (on CD, don't have a cassette player in my car... yet), such an awesome soundtrack to the movie. I want to change that into a Tarantino-esque soundtrack, with soundclips from the movie in between the tracks. Already found a few, but I'll download a torrent of the movie and try to rip the sound of that.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2016, 12:17 PM »
This is good... very good. 

GotG Vol.2 Sneak Peak

And Poster:

« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 12:17 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 19, 2016, 04:27 PM »
Looks pretty tight!

WTH is "Real D 3D" though?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2016, 07:24 PM »
I think it's a higher def/quality.  not all theaters have it I believe.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2016, 12:02 AM »
It's a special type of theater...about the midpoint between IMAX and digital.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 20, 2016, 07:28 AM »
Love the mohawk on Yondu!

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2016, 02:35 PM »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 3, 2016, 10:06 PM »
Looks amusing...or at least it's not another origin story or heroes fighting heroes movie.