Community > The Bullpen

Marvel "Super Awesome Me" Action Figures

(1/3) > >>

Jeff:
Get your own Super Awesome Marvel 12" Iron Man or Captain America figure!

--- Quote ---Think you'd look just as good as Tony Stark in an Iron Man suit? Beginning this week, you can test that theory for real.

Hasbro and 3DPlusMe are teaming on the Super Awesome Me experience, allowing kids of all ages to see their face on a customized Iron Man or Captain America action figure. The initiative launches on Friday as part of Disney Consumer Products' Marvel Super Hero September in 10 Walmart and two Sam's Club stores around the country.

Locations in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and Houston will be outfitted with special in-store scanning stations where the machine will capture the likeness of potential superheroes, folks choose between the two characters, and their Super Awesome Me toy — a personalized 12-inch articulated figure with a full-color printed head for $45 — will be available to pick up at Walmart stores or shipped to Sam's Club members in four weeks.

Visit SuperAwesomeMe.com for a complete list of participating stores.
--- End quote ---

I wonder how long before Disney does this for Clone Troopers and/or Stormtroopers...?   :D

Diddly:
I wonder if this is worth a three hour drive to a Wal-Mart...

Nah, probably not.

JediJman:
This might be kind of cool to try out depending on the quality.  I'd love to see it in person.

Jeff:
It sounds/looks like it's a custom 3D printed & painted head on a 12" Titan Hero Cap or Iron Man figure in Super Awesome Me packaging. 

Some of the Hasbro and Marvel guys have been posting pics on twitter.  Here's an example:  https://twitter.com/blakegarris/status/512983863178838016

JediJman:
Wow, that's pretty good!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version