Author Topic: Micheal Fright's Millenium Falcon FS  (Read 4462 times)

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
Micheal Fright's Millenium Falcon FS
« on: August 26, 2003, 04:08 PM »
Up on the ebay auction block is Micheal's Millenium Falcon.
Search for millenium falcon.  It will be interesting to see what it sells for.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Virex

Re: Micheal Fright's Millenium Falcon FS
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2003, 04:32 PM »
Well, here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2188907443&category=154

(Apologies, mods, if that's not cool to post here for some reason.  Please feel free to delete.)

Sorry to see that the Falcon does not feature an endorsement from Mike Russo, general manager of the local theater, so, buyers, bid at your own risk.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2003, 05:20 PM »
Seems a fine topic to me...  I was glad you posted the link Virex, it saved me doing the search.  I don't see a problem with it right now.

His price is very low on it...  Finally.

$150 is not unreasonable at all for a to-scale (Not 1 to freakin' 1 scale) 1:18-ish Millenium Falcon I think.  Good for him...

This gorgeous piece is an original design by New Jersey Artist Michael Fright, who has been featured in The Courier Post and other periodicals. Any serious Star Wars fan will be proud to feature this piece in their collection.

Boy I sure hope his hand didn't get tangled in his "haircut" when he patted himself on the back there!  And it's not an "original design".

WTF?  It's the Millenium Falcon!  It's an original design to LFL, not Michael Fright. :)  

Anyway, he's at least got this quite reasonably priced for the size and details he did I think.  I mean it is 4 feet long.  Good for him...  and semi-reasonable shipping too at $40.  Coulda asked for more but I think he was fair.

I still don't get why you'd make these things to sell them though, unless he's in need of some cash flow which then is understandable.  To me though, when I accomplished a to-scale Falcon I'd wanna play with it. :)  Heft it on my back and make "Woosh" sounds while running with it in my front yard...  My plume of long hair (in the back) flowing as I ran...

ok ok ok, I'll stop.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Valtar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Impressive... Most Impressive.
    • View Profile
    • Valtarz Customz 'n' Artz
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2003, 06:17 PM »
I can see it going passed $500 easy maybe even a grand,  Only thing,  I would hate to have to find a spot to dispaly it... it would Take a very large room to display it properly.  Over all Very sweet custom, I would like to Bid on it myself but even if I would win it, I dont have the room for it.

Offline delvec

• Youngling
  • I rule!!!- You DROOL!!!
    • View Profile
    • TheJawa.com
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2003, 07:31 PM »
I dont think hes the seller- unless he moved.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2003, 01:40 AM »
I still don't get why you'd make these things to sell them though, unless he's in need of some cash flow which then is understandable.  To me though, when I accomplished a to-scale Falcon I'd wanna play with it. :)  Heft it on my back and make "Woosh" sounds while running with it in my front yard...  My plume of long hair (in the back) flowing as I ran...

yay the Mullet strikes again! seriously though, I can't believe he's hard pressed for money, in the case of the falcon alone, he probably won't make a lot of money back on the time and money spent making the falcon. if he really needs money, then sell stuff that you don't need to make. the overall effort isn't going to make you large amounts of cash. in the end, as with all of his work, some of which is outstanding (the AT-AT and Sandcrawler) and others which are really a waste (Tantive IV) he just does all this stuff to get notoriety and of course money, half of which we're giving him here in this thread, so I am goin to stop now....  :P
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2003, 07:18 PM »
The Taintive was a steal at $12,000... ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2003, 02:57 PM »
I can see it going passed $500 easy maybe even a grand...

I thought it might go a bit higher as well, but this thing surprisingly wound up closing for "only" $480.  Not too outrageous, considering the events surrounding the sale (or lack thereof) of Michael's previous "1:1" custom...   :P

I dont think hes the seller- unless he moved.

Hmm...  That would likely explain the much more modest auction description and price, I suppose...  Probably just had a buddy list it for him, since his own name occassionally draws some ire and razzing from the masses!   :-*

Wonder what's on tap next for the infamous mullet man...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2003, 03:31 PM »
I've got it on good accounts that he's working on a "1:1" Coruscant...  The WHOLE planet.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2003, 07:32 PM »
Hmm...  That would likely explain the much more modest auction description and price, I suppose...  Probably just had a buddy list it for him, since his own name occassionally draws some ire and razzing from the masses!   :-*

Modest for sure, where was the mentioning of the guy who runs the movie theater in that auction description?!?!

It's not his name that draws the ire and razzing, its his "my poop don't stink" attitude that ticks people off. But hell if he can pull of a 1:1 Coruscant.....  ;D
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot