Author Topic: Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide  (Read 3422 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
« on: December 17, 2016, 03:10 PM »
Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide by Pablo Hidalgo

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:  The essential, comprehensive guide to Rogue One: A Star Wars Story™.
This exciting reference format accompanies the eagerly anticipated, first-ever standalone Star Wars™ movie: Rogue One. This beautifully detailed title features in-depth character profiles, plus 5 newly commissioned and fully annotated cross-sections of vehicles and mapped-out locations. With clear and authoritative text, this book is packed with essential information—and presented alongside stunning stills from the movie.

My copy was waiting for me at home last night.  I pre-ordered it from Amazon, and they delivered on the release date, true to their word!

This book is interesting because it's a little bit of a departure from previous DK reference books.  They seem to have folded multiple reference books into one single volume.  Whereas we used to get a Visual Dictionary plus an Incredible Cross-Sections book, and perhaps a locations book, this is a single book that appears to cover most of those bases.

I think this book provided some excellent background material on the organization of the Rebel Alliance.  That in itself made this a great read.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 04:46 PM »
Love the visual dictionary. Requires very close reading.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 10:21 AM »
Love the visual dictionary. Requires very close reading.

This edition especially.  There's a lot more reading material in this book than in the standard Visual Dictionaries, and it does help to flesh out the story that much more.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback