Author Topic: TTT DVDs (and other ripoffs)  (Read 4011 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: TTT DVDs (and other ripoffs)
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2003, 07:11 PM »
MisterPL beat me to it.  To me, it's the same argument as wanting the original OT on DVD.  It's about perserving the film, either for posterity, or for your own viewing pleasure.  I'm looking forward to both.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2003, 08:18 PM »

If you want to own The Two Towers as it appeared in theatres, buy it tomorrow. If you want to see a version with extra scenes cut in, wait a couple months. It's not a huge secret.

That's just it.  It's NOT a huge secret.  Everyone knows well in advance about the two releases and it comes down to a matter of preference and how much cash you want to blow.  I figure the $14.95 I need to fork out at Shopko is worth the entertainment value.  In a few months, I'll be adding the deluxe one.  I like the option of two different versions and I'm just not seeing the "rip-off" for the TTT DVD.
Beth

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2003, 10:44 PM »
My take is this:

It's the theatrical version.  I'd like to have that.  Also, the extras are markedly different on each version.  The extra's on the theatrical version won't be available on the extended version.

So, I'll be buying both, and those are my reasons why.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Jango Fettish

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2003, 11:07 PM »
It's not even a rip off if you never had it in the first place. Wrap your brains around THAT, simple folk!

T Minus 50 minutes and counting.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2003, 11:13 PM »
Ok, look, I know it was a good movie (great?) but didn't anybody else find it long?  As with the first?  I mean c'mon, I have a pretty damn big bladder and never made it through either movie in the theater after having the jumbo Dr. Pepper.   :-*  Do you really need another 30 minutes?

First and cheaper one for me.  I'll borrow someone else's long version in the fall/winter.  If I want it, by that time I'll have the new 'puter and I'll burn my own damn copy.  

At that point I'll also be trying to get ahold of the two versions of the OT so I can create my own BUG STUDIOS version of the OT.  No drawing first, quicksdraw.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2003, 11:41 PM »
Ok, look, I know it was a good movie (great?) but didn't anybody else find it long?  As with the first?
The first was painfully long, painfully long... but that's cause it had all that boring stuff in the beggining. TT had a ton of war in it just about throughout the entire movie, so I loved it.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2003, 12:10 AM »
I see them as two different movies, so I really don't feel like I'm put over a barrel or anything. Even if both versions came out on the same day, eventually I'd own both of them. But, given a choice, I'd like the EE first.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth Paul

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2003, 12:20 AM »
If you're a fan of the books I can't see how any version except the Extended one coming in November will do.   The Extended version of FOTR was leagues ahead of the theatrical version IMO.
Of course, if you haven't read the books or don't know the difference between Fangorn Forest and Mirkwood then you won't give hoom hom one way or the other.