Author Topic: 2019 Kenner Retro Collection  (Read 25039 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 Kenner Retro Collection
« Reply #210 on: May 14, 2020, 01:38 PM »
I have seen these pop up on Brickseek at 3 different stores in the past week and not a single one of them has made it to the floor.

And I have never seen that damn endcap display.  >:(

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 17, 2020, 09:00 AM »
Ha! The early bird catches the worm I guess. Found a case yesterday on a Clorox wipes run.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 17, 2020, 03:01 PM »
Damn, that's tougher to find than this Retro Collection.  I haven't seen disinfecting wipes in stores since a few days before we went to work-from-home.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Knight
  • Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 18, 2020, 02:17 PM »
Ha! The early bird catches the worm I guess. Found a case yesterday on a Clorox wipes run.

We were running low and I scored some too last week.  Felt like the old days of toy runs where me and the Hot Wheels guys were lined up at opening at Target.  Instead of dashing to toys we all dashed to cleaning supplies.  Welcome to 2020...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 18, 2020, 02:42 PM »
We finally managed to find a little hand sanitizer recently... mostly because local distilleries are making it.

Lysol wipes?  Forget it.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #215 on: May 20, 2020, 09:42 PM »
So today I got emails and tracking numbers for Han, Leia, Yoda, and Lando. Fun thing is they are each coming from a different state and as such have different delivery dates with Lando not arriving supposedly until June 19. The foursome were on Walmart.com for a while earlier today. If I had to guess Walmart got solid cases of each figure and have either not gotten Luke and Fett yet or ran out before processing all the preorders.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 20, 2020, 11:39 PM »
Today I received 8 of 10 that I ordered in the same trasaction. They came in 6 different packages. 2 were bubble mailers. One that came in a perfectly decent box came with a card bent to hell. The bubble from one of the bubble packages was crushed.  >:(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 21, 2020, 11:46 AM »
Yuck...

I managed to get an order in for Leia and Luke just now... only need to get orders in for Yoda and Fett to be done...

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 22, 2020, 01:55 PM »
Less than a week after the email telling me Fett was backordered it showed up today. Box almost same size as card. A little warp but all things considered I'll take it. Other five are on their way individually as well.
Don't be mad cause I'm doing me better than you doing you

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 23, 2020, 02:17 PM »
Less than a week after the email telling me Fett was backordered it showed up today. Box almost same size as card. A little warp but all things considered I'll take it. Other five are on their way individually as well.

Congrats!  Amazing that you actually got the Fett first!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 23, 2020, 04:10 PM »
Originally got an order in for five of the six (no Fett of course), and they’ve started shipping individually. First this past Thursday was Lando, who came in a box the same size as the card back and surprisingly arrived just fine. Then today I add my name to the “Wal-Mart horror story” list I’ve been seeing online. Hoth Han showed up in a decent sized box, with no packing at all inside. The card back looks like it was rolled up, then run over by a truck. Leia and Yoda are on tap for this week, we’ll see. Luke for some reason is backordered.

I normally wouldn’t care as much since I’m an opener, but my main reason for picking these up is to get “carded” vintage figures since I likely won’t ever be able to afford actual vintage carded figures. I really wish they would stop giving Wal-Mart exclusives.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 23, 2020, 05:19 PM »
Got Yoda and Leia today. Yoda mostly fine. Leia has crease. Bummer but again better than nothing. I love this line.
Don't be mad cause I'm doing me better than you doing you

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 28, 2020, 12:52 PM »
Finally received the last piece I orderd yesterday, a Hoth Leia. It actually arrived in great shape. But, 8 packages for 10 figures overall was such a waste of shipping costs on Walmart's part.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 28, 2020, 01:32 PM »
Finally received the last piece I orderd yesterday, a Hoth Leia. It actually arrived in great shape. But, 8 packages for 10 figures overall was such a waste of shipping costs on Walmart's part.

Did you order them all at the same time?  That's ridiculous.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 28, 2020, 02:00 PM »
In the case of Walmart (or Amazon), stock might be coming from multiple DC's, even though you place an order for 10 items at the same time.  It absolutely comes across as wasteful.

The case where I just cannot understand how shipping doesn't get consolidated is Hasbro Pulse.  I ordered a few Black Series figures at once, and almost all of them came in individual shipping boxes.  Plus, they all came from the same DC in Pennsylvania.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback