Author Topic: Welcome to the Jungle Gn'R Fan Club  (Read 131239 times)

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the Jungle Gn'R Fan Club
« Reply #225 on: May 20, 2006, 10:54 PM »
I.R.S. MP3
Better (Demo) MP3
The Blues MP3
There Was a Time MP3

There are a couple more Chinese Democracy tracks that have leaked in the last few months, but those are all that I've got.

And, as promised:

Coma (live) MP3

Thank you very much, sir!  I've still got a lot to learn about these MP3 files.  :)

MWB, do you know the name of the middle song the new GNR performed at the MTV Awards?  It was in between Welcome to the Jungle and Paradise City.

I have the Gilby/Axl song "Dead Horses" from Gilby's Pawnshop Guitars CD.  If someone tells me how to upload it, I'll post it.  Good album overall, especially the first song which has Slash on lead guitar.  All members of GNR played on it on various songs.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 11:27 PM by S_A_Longhorn »
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #226 on: May 21, 2006, 01:27 AM »
No problem Bill, John. . .  uh. . .  "S.A. Longhorn."

I've still got a lot to learn about these MP3 files.  :)

(snip)

I have the Gilby/Axl song "Dead Horses" from Gilby's Pawnshop Guitars CD.  If someone tells me how to upload it, I'll post it.

You know how to convert tracks from a CD into MP3s, right?  Once you've done that, and have the MP3s on your computer, go to http://www.yousendit.com.  Then you just follow the directions.  Put in an e-mail address (doesn't have to be legit), click "browse" to find the file you want to upload, click "send it," and when it's done loading it, copy the URL the file is posted at, and paste the URL here or wherever. 

It's all totally free--you don't even have to register, unless you want some added features.  And it's really pretty self-explanatory.  I figured it out all by myself, and, as several people here can attest, I'm a total ******* idiot when it comes to pretty much anything having to do with a computer.

MWB, do you know the name of the middle song the new GNR performed at the MTV Awards?  It was in between Welcome to the Jungle and Paradise City.

It was "Madagascar," from the upcoming () Chinese Democracy album.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #227 on: May 21, 2006, 04:09 AM »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 22, 2006, 10:35 AM »
No problem Bill, John. . .  uh. . .  "S.A. Longhorn."

You know how to convert tracks from a CD into MP3s, right?  Once you've done that, and have the MP3s on your computer, go to http://www.yousendit.com.  Then you just follow the directions.  Put in an e-mail address (doesn't have to be legit), click "browse" to find the file you want to upload, click "send it," and when it's done loading it, copy the URL the file is posted at, and paste the URL here or wherever. 

Thanx again for the info regarding YouSendIt.com.  I'll upload the Dead Flowers MP file later today when I get home.

Been listening to the new GNR songs.  Despite what everybody says, I do like the tracks.  I.R.S. is my favorite of the 4 songs posted by MWB.  I also like the shortened Better, but the track is a 1 minute version.  The other two songs are OK.   Just good to hear Axl's voice again.

Are there any recommended free or pay file swapping programs?  I used to use WinMX, but that has been "closed" down.  I'd like to get as many of the leaked songs of Chinese Democracy.

And my name is Darin, MWB.  :)
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 23, 2006, 03:15 AM »
Here is the Gilby/Axl version of "Dead Flowers":

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=D9C36DE249AA2073

Hope I did it right... ;)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 03:21 AM by S_A_Longhorn »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #230 on: May 23, 2006, 10:25 AM »
Many thanks Darin I don't know what happened to my copy of that CD.  I either sold it or lost it but I've loved that song forever, its one of Axl's finest vocals ever IMO as he seems like he was just meant to sing that song

Now..do you have this, the greatest CD of the 20th Century?

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 23, 2006, 11:51 AM »
Now..do you have this, the greatest CD of the 20th Century?

I never had a CD version of Duff's solo album, but I did have the album on cassette.  Over time, that album grew on me especially when was I down or depressed. 

Not that the songs are about depression, but they just have a good vibe to them to pick-me-up and get me going.   Lost my cassette a few years ago, unfortunately. 

Hey, if anyone else can post any other Chinese Democracy songs, please do so!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 04:15 PM by S_A_Longhorn »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #232 on: May 23, 2006, 05:48 PM »

Greatest emoticon ever.

Would you believe that smiley was actually invented because there was no other smiley that was able to properly convey just how silly the whole Chinese Democracy thing has become?

Many thanks Darin I don't know what happened to my copy of that CD.  I either sold it or lost it but I've loved that song forever, its one of Axl's finest vocals ever IMO as he seems like he was just meant to sing that song

Original's better

Still not the worst Stones cover they ever did, though.  That honor belongs to "Sympathy for the Devil."  Man alive, that was awful.

(But thanks for uploading it anyway, Darin.  Mighty fine, mighty fine.  And feel free to call me Matt, if you want.  This whole "MWB" thing is gay.)

« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 05:59 PM by MWB »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #233 on: May 23, 2006, 06:51 PM »
Hey :homeschooled:!  are you trying to imply that I didn't kn ow that is was orignally a Stones song? ::) :o ::) :o  If so you must have manure for brains MWB.  BTW, you probably own Believe in Me, could you hook us up with some songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!11

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #234 on: May 23, 2006, 07:54 PM »
homeschooled

Could it be you?

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 26, 2006, 10:40 AM »
More info on Axl and the new GNR:

http://music.aol.com/photo-galleries/where-has-axl-rose-been

Possible sign of good things to come.  Anybody in Portgual tomorrow?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #236 on: May 27, 2006, 04:01 PM »
AOL will also be showing The Axl Rose Band's concert at Rock in Rio tonight, starting at 7:15 PM Central. 

http://music.aol.com/network_live/concert_videos/guns_n_roses

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #237 on: May 27, 2006, 11:22 PM »
you know what sucks...all of the extra **** they play during their shows.  Does anyone even do that any more?  Do you really need a Dizzy Reed Solo?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #238 on: May 28, 2006, 01:05 PM »
you know what sucks...all of the extra **** they play during their shows.  Does anyone even do that any more?  Do you really need a Dizzy Reed Solo?

Yeah, I hear ya.  Dizzy Reed is such a schlub.  Haven't liked him since Day 1.  And you know he's like the Rick McCallum to Axl's George Lucas--ever the yes man.  He has to be, though, or else he would have had his ass kicked out of the band years ago.    Even has the same cornrow hair, for God's sake.

But Axl's trying to keep it as old school as possible, though, I guess.  Probably a good idea--people aren't there to see Axl and a bunch of guys they don't know play a bunch of songs they've never heard (and probably never will again, on any kind of an official release, anyway).  They did the solos back in the old days, so they'll do them now, too, because that's what Axl knows. 

And he also knows that the solos aren't everybody's cup of tea, from what he said before the drum solo last night--something like "we're gonna do this because we're into it, and because it'll irritate the **** out of everybody else."

I think the only purpose the solos really serve is to give Axl a rest.  You know, time to do one of his Cher-like costume changes, and get some much-needed oxygen, and some even-more-needed Botox injections. . . 

I will say, though, that Gilby and Slash soloing on "Wild Horses" before going into "Patience" in OKC is what got me interested in the Stones. 

But that may be a little different from some dickhead doing a ten-minute keyboard or drum solo. . .

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 1, 2006, 01:42 PM »
OK, finally watched/listened to the Rock in Rio 2006 concert...

I know this may be "unpopular", but the new GNR does has some great talent.  Since the band is such a recluse, this was the first time I got to hear an extended concert with the new lineup. 

Finck & Fortus playing "Beautiful" was awesome and incredible.  OCB mentioned he didn't care for it, but I enjoy listening to the solos to get a break from the songs.  As mentioned, it is pure-GNR to do those solos.  But why play a Christina Aguilera song??  What's next....Britney??

And how many guitarist do they have?  Finck, Fortus, and "Bumblefoot" Thal?  Did "Bumblefoot" replace Buckethead??  If Axl allows them to play their styles and flesh out their ideas, the new songs could really be outstanding just b/c of the level of skill by all 3 guitarist.  Interesting to see all 3 guys share the guitar solos on 'November Rain.'

As usual, Axl sounds like **** until midway thru the concert.  He started to sound good beginning with 'Out Ta Get Me'.   I read that they played some of the new songs, but those are missing from the AOL lineup now.  Typical, always trying to hide the new stuff. 

But after watching/listening to this semi-full length concert, I am excited to hear anything released by this new lineup.  Axl does have a solid band put together, but how long will any of them wait for Axl to finally release the new material?? 

Honestly, what is reason for the countless delays in releasing "Chinese Democracy"?  Some of the songs posted on this thread got my interest, but even today they are several years old.