Author Topic: Gas Prices  (Read 160594 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Gas Prices
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2005, 12:16 PM »
For about the past week+, it has been around $2.24 give or take, depending on your gas "flava".  Waaay too much.  It seems to me, at least with us, that when gas gets this high it discourages you from ever leaving town.  It costs about as much to drive back to see our parents as it would if we just went on a vacation or something :P.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2005, 12:00 AM »
I was thinking about going out of town this weekend to see other store's displays, but at more than $2 a gallon, I doubt I'll go.

I'm glad I'm working some overtime, what with these gas prices. ::)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2005, 01:19 AM »
Fudge packer >:( (not you Ben, just in general).  They hiked the price up today to 92.5.  I was out earlier and no increase.  After dinner, four cents a litre.   >:( >:( >:(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2005, 03:18 PM »
In Pittsburgh we're hovering at $2.13 as the lower-end price that isn't TOO hard to find...  For this area that is a lot, especially considering we have one of the lower cost-of-living rates in the U.S. for a fair sized city.

I was a little under 1/4 tank yesterday and down at school so I had to put some in before I came home.  $10 just barely got me over half a tank, and that blows.  When $20 doesn't put an empty tank over full on my car, then I'm bumming.

To top it off then, as mentioned earlier, the convenience stores/gas stations in the area are all ganging up AGAINST the one salvation.  Giant Eagle's Get-Go stations are under fire because their program where if you buy $50 worth of groceries on your advantage card you get $.10/gallon off...  I've got like $.30/gallon accumulated so far myself which brings the price back to bareable.

The gas/convenience stations though are saying that what Giant Eagle is doing is illegal, and they're trying to have the state stop their promotion, and in turn screw us.  I was talking to a manager at a local station who was defending the actions, and I told her I'd go to Get Go stations EXCLUSIVELY if the other stations screwed that up.  I can fill an empty tank at a Get-Go for a half-assed price at least, but I still use the gas stations in the city and such when I'm there.  If the stations screw that up though, I'm gonna just budget my gas so I only fill at Get-Go's unless absolutely necessary to do so otherwise.   >:(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2005, 04:35 PM »
$2.21 at stewarts, $2.23 at Getty, $2.25 at Cumbys, IIRC.

Damn DAMN DAMN.

This trip is gonna cost me a fortune. I remeber when gas was $2.10 and the further south you went, the price went down. Doesn't look like it this time.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Logray2776

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2005, 10:33 PM »
Well down here in sunny south florida its staying a steady 2.21 a gallon. Which sucks because of the new car i just got, big gas tank bad gas mileage.

Offline kailos

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 2, 2005, 02:25 PM »
Well in the canary island i pay right now for a litre of unleaded, .64 € (.80 $) in Spain its in 0.9€ and in the most of Europe its in 1.25€

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 2, 2005, 02:44 PM »
$2.34/gallon for 87 regular in Utica NY

When did gold shavings start being added to fuel?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 6, 2005, 10:32 PM »
$2.35 just yesterday in Minneapolis, however, it dropped to $2.14 locally, and I could swear to you it's watered down.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #99 on: April 6, 2005, 10:39 PM »
My brain is about to completely explode right now with the gas prices.  I filled up at the cheapest spot around, like usual, and it was $2.45 a gallon.  And that's the CHEAPEST gas anywhere nearby.  It's gotten totally out of control and I think it's time something was seriously done about it on a federal, or at least state, level.  It's killin' me, I tells ya'.  :-\

Most all of the places around here are in the $2.60's - $2.70's range though.  Stinkin' oil bastards.  >:(
« Last Edit: April 6, 2005, 10:41 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #100 on: April 7, 2005, 05:40 AM »
We're still at $2.19 or so...  I'm praying it goes down before the 20th...  That something is done.

I pray they develope a simple add-on hybrid kit for cars. :)  I can dream, can't I?  I'd buy it in a heartbeat at this point though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 7, 2005, 08:55 AM »
Had to fill up at $2.61 yesterday (of course, at the lowest octane available). This was at one of the cheaper places. Later in the day, the station I normally go to near my home was at $2.69. It'll be interesting to see where they're at this afternoon.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 7, 2005, 11:41 PM »
I'm gonna cry. $2.35 a gallon. Unfreakin real. I dont know what kind of mileage my car gets yet, either. I feel that I'm gonna be paying out the ASS for this trip, in fuel costs. :(

Kevin

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 23, 2005, 08:31 AM »
Holy ******* lick! Gas here jumped up to a record 91.5 cents a litre and some places were at 91.9 cents per litre. We were at 87.4 cents per litre for awhile but now...  :-\

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2005, 10:22 AM »
2.25 all the sudden...what the crap? :-X

At least 25 bucks usually fills my tank...

Kevin