Author Topic: Batman Begins  (Read 7422 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Christian Bale=Batman
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2004, 12:54 AM »
I really hope Mattel doesn't have the license to make the figures from this flick. I'd hate to see it treated like Spider-Man 2 or Mattel's current Bat line.

But, I'll probably just enjoy the flick and say 'to hell with the merchandise'.
I hope Bale plays Wayne/Batman as the borderline psychopath Keaton did.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2004, 03:29 PM »

But, I'll probably just enjoy the flick and say 'to hell with the merchandise'.
I hope Bale plays Wayne/Batman as the borderline psychopath Keaton did.

In a recent issue of Wizard they did a sidebar on why Bale was the perfect Batman.  I don't remember the whole thing off hand, but it was based on his other acting parts.  The kid who witnessed something horrifying (The Last Emperor?) to pyschotic (American Pyscho) to tough and brooding (that recent Dragon movie with him and McCouneghy).  They pretty much nailed it.  All those sound like Batman to me.

I hate the name but the cast is top notch.  I don't want to get my hopes up, but this could be great.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
New Batmobile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2004, 09:43 AM »
Courtesy of a post by MisterPL over at GH....there appears to be pics up over at the Batman Begins site of the new Batmobile.  It is a little different take than in the past, but the reactions I have read so far seem pretty positive on it.  I've really got high hopes for this movie...we need a good Batman movie again.  You can check out his new wheels here:

Batman Begins Batmobile

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2004, 10:06 AM »
Someone on another board said Batman could be using some of Wayne Enterprises military vehicles early on, thus the "rugged" look.  I expect that if more movies are made, then the Batmobile will get more "sleeker"  It does look like the Batmobile from Dark Knight Returns, though.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
The Batmobile!
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2004, 01:54 PM »
From what I've read, this is "the Tumbler," one of many experimental prototypes Wayne's company has been dabbling with in his absense. Upon his return he chastises the management for redirecting his father's company toward military purposes, then uses the non-lethal technology in his arsenal as Batman.  ;D

I can't wait to see this in action. Reportedly it does all its own stunts, requiring no CGI. Should be pretty sweet.
Post sober.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 5, 2004, 11:34 AM »
Apparently, the first pictures of Christian Bale from the set of Batman have been shown.  You can check out pics of Bale as Bruce Wayne here:

Bale as Bruce Wayne

Here's one example....hope this movie will be as good as it has sounded so far:

Offline Playgirl

• Jedi Initiate
  • Slice and DICE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 5, 2004, 04:41 PM »
he's a good actor. i'd hate to see him ruin his career as batman...

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Batman Begins
« Reply #22 on: June 9, 2004, 05:36 PM »
I started a thread at 'Scum about this, but know there are some who only post here...
What are your thoughts about the Batmobile for Batman Begins?  It was unveiled by Warner Bros in New York.

You can read all about it here:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/gossip/story/201211p-173665c.html
What do you think? I HATE THE DANG THING!
« Last Edit: June 9, 2004, 05:37 PM by hansolo_506 »
Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: The new Batmobile.. thumbs up or SUCK SUCK SUCK!!
« Reply #23 on: June 9, 2004, 05:42 PM »
Good God, that's the ugliest thing I've ever seen!  Probably not going to help the franchise using crap like that in the next flick...  I wonder if that thing transforms, or does anything interesting to justify that bizarro look there.  Not cool IMO.
« Last Edit: June 9, 2004, 05:59 PM by JediMAC »

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
Re: The new Batmobile.. thumbs up!
« Reply #24 on: June 9, 2004, 06:48 PM »
I liked it when I first saw it weeks ago, I like it even more now that I've seen it in person.

As a lifelong Batfan, I have to say this is my new favorite Batmobile. It's the most realistic version yet. It doesn't insult my intelligence with cheesy paint jobs, neon lights, or open canopies that scream "Shoot here!"

Aside from purely aesthetic tastes, I really don't understand why this thing is causing such a division among critics. To me the Batmobile should be function over form. Considering this is an origin story for Batman AND his car (and a bunch of other elements), it's possible he might put a Bat-touch on it at a later date. But I sure as hell don't want to see Bruce Wayne detailing it in the Batcave so it appeals to chicks when he should be out kicking the Scarecrow's ass.
Post sober.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: June 9, 2004, 08:10 PM »
Looks like Batman's going into space to fight the "Aliens".  Load up the Batmobile with some Space Marines and we'd be all set for Sygourney Weaver to make another comeback.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: June 9, 2004, 08:54 PM »
Horrible.

SilverZ

« Reply #27 on: June 9, 2004, 10:14 PM »
I think it's best to see this in context of the movie. All the stills so far are very Deco/Industrial. It might just work.

Besides, be thankful you're not getting this again:

Sums up the last two movies nicely, don't ya think?  :-X

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 9, 2004, 11:46 PM »
Not a fan.  Maybe after seeing the movie, but it looks like something that was cobbled together out of sheet metal for the local soap box derby (to date myself horribly).  

It's not at all aerodynamic.  Sure, it can drive through a brick  wall, maybe at 6 mph (yeah, i've read the release on its top speed).  And it may lack the open canopy for shooting practice, those front tires just scream pick me, pick me for disabling the car.  Oh sure, Bats may be fine inside, but after you disable it, you can do rocket practice at the car until it does blow up.  Real good.  

And what are those on the back?  Xterra styled roof racks?  Bats going camping, or what?  

Gaudy decals aside on the old ones, this one screams Humvee and I halfway expect Ahnold to come out of it proclaiming he's my worst nightmare.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2004, 12:03 AM »
Again, Space Marines should be cruising in it, nto Batman.

Weird...  Oh well though, Batman's a lost property to me.  Toys suck and so do his movies.  :(  Too bad he's not getting the same care Spidey did.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77