Author Topic: Fodder Alert!  (Read 178041 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Fodder Alert!
« Reply #195 on: April 5, 2006, 10:16 PM »
actually haven't seen any battle of the bulge figures, but found some market garden figures that were packaged similar to the marines of the XD line. Some of the heads looked very promising, but naturally there were a few "surprised" and "sad" looking duds.

I thought this was very promising for my photonovel/ clone army though.

for $9 i think i'll invest in another one. And probably some of their other vehicles. A lot of them seem to have a lot of potential once you take off all the over kill machine guns and missle launchers  :P

Hot damn, I can see a lot of possiblities with those.  Can't wait to see what you make!

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #196 on: April 7, 2006, 02:17 AM »
I have a full set of the first series...  They're quite nice figures.

The Hot Toyz Aliens Vs. Predator figures are "Snap Kit" figures.  In Asia, you can pick these up while at the check-out at the store I guess...  Like beside candy bars.

Anyway, they're blind packaged (in the first series at least), and what you got was just simply luck of the draw.  There's a number of chase figures, and I happened tog et a chase Alien in my case I ordered. 

The figures come in pieces, and you have to put them together.  It's fairly simple however you do need to heat them or they're prone to breaking.  They are nicely scaled to the SW figure's basic line...  Pretty spiffy overall.

The sculpting and detailing is unmatched by other Predator lines, though I think the MicroMan ones have cooler accessories, and probably more sturdy accessories.

The Hot Toyz figs are a little prone to falling udner their weight.  They're articulated with ball/socket joints EVERYWHERE which makes them fragile but they're really fun, I mean it's tough to describe how poseable they are and yet it's really well hidden.  The Predators even have little necklaces of skulls you can remove.  I have a Predator in my Cantina grabbing a drink and having a fight picked with him by Djas Puhr. :)  Bad move on Djas's part.

The Wave 1 figures included a number of somewhat "Basic" Predators and one cast in transluscent/clear plastic.  That one is to be using their see-through camoflauge from the movies remember?  Pretty neat idea, no? :)  I wound up with like an extra Scar instead of a chase Predator, but I got a blood red chase alien...  I also got 2 warrior aliens, a grid alien, and a transluscent alien.  There's an alien with a white brain too, dunno what that one's deal is but it's an Asian exclusive.  The Eldar Predator was the chase Predator but he is also regular release in the Wave 2 set (Fritz's is the Eldar Predator).

The Wave 2 set is different...  They may still be blindpacked, I'm not sure, but I do know that they EACH come with ONE piece to a massive Queen Alien figure.  You buy the set, you get the queen...  Unfortunately, not everyting in Wave 2 is "great".  Like one figure is just a facehugger egg pod, and another is an open egg pod...  Not much to it but that, and that blows if you ask me.

I want Wave 2 to get the queen.  You can get these for $10-ish a figure too, not $20, which is still pricey but worth it I think.  Check around and you can find them cheaper.  I got some for $7-$8 at one point to build a little army.

For the curious as to why I wanted these, if anyone is curious, I used to play Jedi Knight (Dark Forces 2) avidly on my computer.  The game was great, and at the time it had a VERY active editing community online...  Editors for games are people who take PC games and make new levels, new characters, new items, etc., and basically make the game fresh and new.  A lot of GREAT custom levels by editors are out there for the original Jedi Knight game... 

One level by one of the best editors out there is basically a whole long level in itself that is a cross-over Story of the "Aliens" universe with Star Wars.  In it the Empire has captured and isolated Aliens from the film Alien(s) in a research center...  The Rebels think it's biotechnology being created for the war, so they send an agent ala Kyle Katarn (may be Kyle, I forget now how the editor designed the story exactly) to infiltrate the bas eand obtain data.  In the process though he unleashes the aliens and the base goes to hell.

The editor made aliens for in the game, they're just like in the movie...  The level's amazingly professional in its looks and design, it's a BIG level too, it's very fun and the way he uses the effects and tools available to him, it's even scary as it should be.  Aliens go after stormtroopers, stormies ignore you tos ave themselves,it's great.

I got my AvP figs then to do some crossover customizing/scenes at some point.  The Hot Toyz figures are simply perfect for that if you ask me then. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Ben's Custom Galaxy
« Reply #197 on: April 7, 2006, 08:31 AM »
Hey guys,

I was looking arround for these Alien vs Predator figure kits that Fritzkrieg had posted. I found an online store where you can preorder a case. Here it is:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=509

I also notice that Hot Toyz makes the ones that Fritzkrieg showed  us  but Kotobukiya makes the other set that come with the picest to make the queen. Check it out. This could make an interesting photonovel with the crossing of the two movies. I can see it now, General Quinlan Vos and  Commander Faie are on a search and destroy mission trying to locate General Grievous. They encounter a seperatist outpost that seems to be abbandond. Little do they know what lies down below. ;D

I thought you guys would like to know. If some of us get a case and get the figures they want, the extras could be offered to the rest of the group for sale or trade. I am willing if some of you are. Just my two cents.

Jedi_Master_Ben
"When I first started, I was just a learner. Now I Am The Master Sculptor!" - Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 7, 2006, 01:01 PM »
^^ On that link, are they the "snap-kit keychains???"

Looks great!  I think I saw these in a comic store once, but that was a while ago....
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 7, 2006, 03:34 PM »
TRU has started to stock direct to distributer new regular size GI Joes again. They have the three pack that includes Agent Courtney Krieger, Hannibal reborn and Spirit iron knife.  Krieger would be fantastic for a Mara Jade or Admiral Daala.

They also have the GI Jane from the Viper Lockdown set.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 7, 2006, 10:04 PM »
These are a little OT, but They are the Same Scale as 3 3/4 Star Wars Fig. and They look Sweet in Your What if Dioramas. Give the Predator a Few Sta Wars Artifacts, Like a Light Saber or Stromtrooper Helmet on his Trophy wall and Wala! You've got a Great Fan Fic Custom. These are Japanese Vending Machine Prizes, They Come Disasembled but, Once assembled they are Super Articulated and the Detail in the Paint Aps. Is Amazing. These Cost About $20 Bucks from my Local Comic Shop. But. for the Quality I think it's worth It. The Only Draw Back is that they Are Blind Packaged. I Got Lucky and Scored two of the Better
Figures in the Assortment.
Here are Some Pics.

I found These Kits Fairly Cheap on Ebay. This Seller also lets you pick the Kits you Want. Here's a Link:
AVP Snap-Kits
Fritzkrieg

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 8, 2006, 01:29 PM »
TRU has started to stock direct to distributer new regular size GI Joes again. They have the three pack that includes Agent Courtney Krieger, Hannibal reborn and Spirit iron knife.  Krieger would be fantastic for a Mara Jade or Admiral Daala.

I found this set at TRU also so I picked it up.  I like all three of the head molds on that one.  Some decent sword accessories too. 

I think that Iron-Knife might work well for Vos.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #202 on: April 8, 2006, 02:39 PM »
I found These Kits Fairly Cheap on Ebay. This Seller also lets you pick the Kits you Want. Here's a Link:
AVP Snap-Kits

I found these sets the other day too.  I recommend e-mailing the seller if you are going to order from him.  I ordered 5 pieces for $45 shipped ($7 a piece plus $10 shipping).  I'm a little suspicious about the fact that these are supposed to be blind-packed but he lets us pick which on we want, but I'll let everybody know how it went after I receive them.  The seller was very quick in his responses to my e-mails, so that was reassuring.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 9, 2006, 07:47 PM »
Here's a Great piece for all of you Photo Novel Enthusiast. I Got This King Kong Skull Island Playset on Clearence for $5 at Walmart. This will be one of the Environments in My Photo Novel Series.It Beats adding the Images Digitaly. I should have the First Chapter Ready Soon, Im just waiting on Some Fodder I need for some of the Characters.
Skull Island (Photo Novel Set)

Fritzkrieg

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 9, 2006, 07:58 PM »
Awesome!!!!!  Thanks for the pics Fritz!  Somewhere a while back I opened a thread on this playset, hoping it would work for Star Wars.  I never bought it though and once I saw it in person I thought it would be underscaled... man was I wrong!  Great pics that thing is HUGE!  Can't wait to see your photonovel too.   :)

:)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 9, 2006, 07:59 PM »
Here's a Great piece for all of you Photo Novel Enthusiast. I Got This King Kong Skull Island Playset on Clearence for $5 at Walmart. This will be one of the Environments in My Photo Novel Series.It Beats adding the Images Digitaly. I should have the First Chapter Ready Soon, Im just waiting on Some Fodder I need for some of the Characters.
Skull Island (Photo Novel Set)

I've seen some of the King Kong stuff but I thought it was all undersized.  This set seems like a pretty decent scale.  Nice find for five bucks.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
New Fodder On the Horrizon
« Reply #206 on: April 23, 2006, 12:17 AM »
I Know These Pics are Really Obscure They Were the Best I Could Find), But they Are of the New 4" Colonial Marine and Alien Snap-Kits (That Were Supose to Be Produced in 2005). Hopefully We'll See them This Year.

Fritzkrieg

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Picked This up at the Comic Shop Today
« Reply #207 on: April 26, 2006, 09:21 PM »
So Many Sci-Fi Designs have been Influenced By Star Wars, that Many of them Can Be Incorporated Back into the Star Wars Universe w/ Little or No Alteration at all. This RoboCop ED-209 Kotobukia Figure is Pretty Much a Rip from the AT-ST Walkers Seen In Star Wars. I Slapped a Couple of Imperial Insignias On Him, And Instantly I've Got a Cool Looking Imperial War Droid to use in my Dioramas and Photo Novels. I did'nt even need to alter the Paint. He Already comes in TIE Fighter Gray.

Fritzkrieg

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 26, 2006, 09:24 PM »
AWESOME!!!! TIE Droid Walkers! Let's see ewoks take THOSE out! :D

Anyone got marshmallows for the furry bonfire? :D:D:D:D:D:D

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
New Fodder Coming
« Reply #209 on: May 2, 2006, 01:48 AM »
I'm sure you guys have seen the Superhero Showdown figures, I've found a few are good for customs and saw pics of Series 3 and 4 coming soon -

:)