Author Topic: Best vintage deals you've gotten  (Read 27150 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Best vintage deals you've gotten
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2005, 11:47 AM »
Anthony,

Good for you.  So are you complete on the 100?

DBK

I wish. :P I still need Ev9d9 and Luke Stormie. A good friend of mine is going to give me a Luke Stormie whenever he finds it on one of his trips home, and the Ev9d9 I might pick up at Comi-com this year. After that, I think I have to find the proper blasters for a POTF figure or two.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 2, 2006, 12:04 AM »
today picked up  Mill. Falcon, rebel transport, POTF EU skiff rider, vintage speeder bike, ATST wind -up for a grand total of  5$

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 2, 2006, 12:54 AM »
 :o

Holy schnikes!  Nice find Jon!  The spare parts on those ships are priceless to a lot of collectors.  I don't suppose the Falcon came with it's training remote?  ;)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 2, 2006, 01:59 AM »
In reality, the best deal I ever got was the a near complete set of figures, save for POTF and a few from the previous wave, most of the ships and playsets, save for the vintage At-At, shuttle and anything from ROTJ, all for free. In other words, my childhood collection. ;D
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 2, 2006, 06:01 PM »
the best deal i would say i have gotten was palitoy rotj farmboy luke, tri vader, tri chewy and tri r2 with scope  all for $37.  they all had smashed bubbles and r2 has a big chunk of the pic torn off, but you can't beat the price for 4 major characters carded.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 2, 2006, 09:07 PM »

Holy schnikes!  Nice find Jon!  The spare parts on those ships are priceless to a lot of collectors.  I don't suppose the Falcon came with it's training remote?  ;)

Update: Okay, I looked it(the falcon) over tonite what it came with was the 2 pieces that hold up the entry hatch, the secret smuggler's hatch piece, a dejarik table, an upper gun turret(both pieces), some piece shaped like t that I don't know what goes to, some kinda cargo box-looks like a scanning crew box-that I dunno where it goes, and it looks like some one took a black "disco" bead and tied it to a string to make a training remote. The cockpit includes the clear plastic insert piece. all the landing gear are there, and the antenna assembly(both pieces).
Aside from the fact that it is an off-white color it seems to be in good shape, stickers and all.

*anyone know if it's missing anything?*

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 2, 2006, 09:15 PM »
Have a looky at 12back.com they have pictures, features, parts list and the instructions. Just click on the pic's for a better view.  ;)

Millennium Falcon

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #82 on: February 2, 2006, 10:22 PM »

Update: Okay, I looked it(the falcon) over tonite what it came with was the 2 pieces that hold up the entry hatch, the secret smuggler's hatch piece, a dejarik table, an upper gun turret(both pieces), some piece shaped like t that I don't know what goes to, some kinda cargo box-looks like a scanning crew box-that I dunno where it goes, and it looks like some one took a black "disco" bead and tied it to a string to make a training remote. The cockpit includes the clear plastic insert piece. all the landing gear are there, and the antenna assembly(both pieces).
Aside from the fact that it is an off-white color it seems to be in good shape, stickers and all.

*anyone know if it's missing anything?*

I think the cargo box you refer to is actually the "power supply" to the Tri-pod Laser Cannon used by the snowtroopers.

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/vintage/tempVtripodcannon.jpg

The piece that is shaped like a "t" might go on top of the Rebel Transport, but without further description,i might be off on that.

Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Skyhoucker

• Youngling
  • It will be done, my lord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 3, 2006, 11:39 AM »
Easily my loose 12-Back set with all the originaly accesssories at less than $5/figure!
Finally finished RotS

Offline Gorkoracing

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 3, 2006, 02:19 PM »
A lot with 16 vintage figs including a ROTJ carded fett, POTF han carbonite, imperial dignitary, POTF jawa, ESB chewbacca and a bunch of others all for about $30 per figure

Also got a carded ESB fett for $80 about 7-8 years ago.

Bought a few local peoples collections and got things like some ESB carded figs, blue snaggletooth, almost all of the last 17

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 3, 2006, 04:34 PM »
I think the cargo box you refer to is actually the "power supply" to the Tri-pod Laser Cannon used by the snowtroopers.

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/vintage/tempVtripodcannon.jpg

The piece that is shaped like a "t" might go on top of the Rebel Transport, but without further description,i might be off on that.

No, it's grey/not black, 1/3 the size of the snowtroopers tripod cannon

I do have the rebel transports' T-shaped gun/Ion cannon? So I know it's not that, no-this piece is flat and resembles 2 footpedals and is grey, not black like the rebel transport's piece. However, it doesn't seem to fit to the gun turret chair....Huh...?

Surprisingly the 'disco ball' I thought someone added actually looks like the one in DSJ's reference link so it's looks like I'm only short the support arm for luke's traing ball and it would be a complete set.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #86 on: February 3, 2006, 05:16 PM »

The gray box might be from the Dagobah playset…

I'll keep thinking about the T piece  ???

Got a photo?
« Last Edit: February 3, 2006, 05:25 PM by jedijaybird »

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #87 on: February 3, 2006, 07:33 PM »
I do have the rebel transports' T-shaped gun/Ion cannon? So I know it's not that, no-this piece is flat and resembles 2 footpedals and is grey, not black like the rebel transport's piece. However, it doesn't seem to fit to the gun turret chair....Huh...?

Sounds like you have a piece of the Scout Walker, the breastplate. This piece would go under the main body of the walker. I tried to find a decent pic, I could only find the one below on short notice. The piece I'm referring to is the darker grey piece.

(Credit: 12Back.com)
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #88 on: February 3, 2006, 07:55 PM »
Yep I bet that's it…

Kind of a fun game actually "Guess the Obscure Vintage Part"  ;D

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 4, 2006, 03:21 PM »
And you guys are really good at that game

...Jedijaybird- that IS the box from the dagobah set
...CorranHorn- it IS the breast plate from the ATST(which is kind of sad since the lady ahead of me that bought that ATST and I bet my piece went to it since all this vintage stuff was taken to the thrift store for sale by the same person :(