Author Topic: NBA 2003/04  (Read 85534 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: The NBA Playoffs!
« Reply #195 on: May 5, 2004, 11:28 AM »
KG plays like that sometimes, he gets a little too hyped up I think.  They will play better on Saturday and will steal one at Denver, Wolves in 6 is still my prediction

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #196 on: May 6, 2004, 11:28 AM »
I got Spurrrs that jingle jangle jingle as I go right past the overrated Laaakerrrs

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #197 on: May 6, 2004, 11:45 AM »
17 in a row?!?

Did I hear that right?

Talk about a freight train rollin' through the playoffs... it will take a LOT for either the Wolves or Sacto to stop them (obviously the LAkers can't).

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #198 on: May 6, 2004, 12:18 PM »
Yeah I think you can pretty much put the Spurs on name on the Trophy right now, no way will any of the other 3 teams beat them 4 out of 7 games...

We keep discounting the East, and maybe we should but the Pacers and Pistons are both good teams and the Pistons especially have enough weapons to compete with the top 4 in the West

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #199 on: May 6, 2004, 04:49 PM »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #200 on: May 7, 2004, 04:50 AM »
I'll try not to be too insulted by that, but I've actually been a diehard Lakers fan since about 1978 thanks.   ;)  Granted, they disgust the living crap out of me a lot of the time, and I think they're one of the most underachieving, whiny brat, ego-driven teams in the history of the NBA.  They've got the two best players in basketball, but those same two guys are just one big giant headache at least every other game.

Looks like Kobe pulled another "ok, I won't shoot and I'll show you how well they do without me" routines yesterday, in response to Shaq's dad's criticism of him in the San Antonio papers before the game.  Just like against Sacto, brilliant time to make a point, ya' selfish bastard!   >:(  One or the other is pouting every single game.

Malone's been doing OK, but is still doing some stupid crap as well.  5 turnovers, and a really stupid technical foul for shoving Bowen at the end of the 3rd quarter.  Payton's completely non-existant, and is getting torn a new one by Parker every minute they're on the floor together.  And finally, like I've often said in the past, I think Phil Jackson is a HORRIBLE game coach.  He seems to get the guys prepared for games, and all that jazz, but when the Lakers are in the midst of the 48 minutes on the floor, he doesn't do jack $h!t.  Never calls timeouts, horrible substitution patterns, never draws up actual plays, terrible game strategy, doesn't make in-game corrections when there's something obviously not working right, etc., etc...

You never know what you're gonna get with these guys.  They love to go out, and get b!tchslapped all over the floor for the first half, cranking up a nice 15 or so point deficit.  Then they battle back like madmen in the third, and in the past two games have just quit in the 4th.  Usually the 4th quarter is the only quarter they actually play hard, so I have no idea WTF's going on in this series.  Still holding out hope though, but we've obviously got to win both games at home now, just like we did against them last year.  But if I had to bet my house on the winner, I'd have to think the Spurs will do it.  They're just a well oiled machine right now.  Great team basketball on both ends of the court.  Sure wish my boys could play like that!  But it ain't over yet...   ;)

KG plays like that sometimes, he gets a little too hyped up I think.  They will play better on Saturday and will steal one at Denver, Wolves in 6 is still my prediction

Yeah, I think they could probably beat the Nuggets right now too.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2004, 04:52 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #201 on: May 7, 2004, 10:36 AM »
Whoops I guess I'm thinking last week still ::)

Pacers creamed the Heat last night...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #202 on: May 9, 2004, 12:20 AM »
Anyone watching the Wolves/Kings???  Wolves were down by 10 88-78 and went on 14-1 run and now its 92-89 16.5 seconds left Kings ball.  ******* Cassell just missed a free throw ::)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #203 on: May 9, 2004, 12:26 AM »
Wolves Win!   Talk about a choke...up by 10, 4 minutes left and they actually did it...16-1 run to end the game.  That was almost Vikingsesque.  

Aaaaaaaaaawooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #204 on: May 9, 2004, 06:28 AM »
Missed the game unfortunately, but caught the highlights.  Nice comeback!  Had me a little worried there...

Lakers better give me a nice win today, to make up for me having to watch the game in the damned hospital.   ::)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #205 on: May 10, 2004, 11:48 AM »
Lakers look like htye woke up yesterday, we were driving around seeing Mothers so we missed it but I listened to part of the game on the Radio.  Basketball on the Radio isn't so good.  In fact Baseball really is the only game that is perfect for the radio

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 10, 2004, 12:26 PM »
Yeah, the Lakers certainly did some crushing yesterday.  It is funny (as Matt has mentioned several times) how inconsistent this team is.  Its not like anyone thought the Spurs were going to sweep it anyways, this will be one of the best series of the entire playoffs I'm sure.  I missed most of the game as well, but from what I saw it was a total rout.  Glad to see the Wolves even the series over the weekend as well, what a comeback.  Nets also with a blowout over the 'Stons last night, and it looks like the Pacers are well on their way to the next round as well.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #207 on: May 11, 2004, 07:55 AM »
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaawoooooooooooooooooooooooo

Wow what a game last night, pulled a BIGGER choke than the Kings collapse in Game 2 but made it to OT where KG just about dominated.  One in a nailbiter and hopefully swung the momentum all the way to us, tomorrow night's game is a huge one, if the Wolves go up 3-1 its over

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 11, 2004, 09:45 AM »
Yeah, that sure was a heck of a game last night....I actually managed to stay up for all of it.  The Kings made a heck of a comeback (could Peja miss in the 4th quarter?), but luckily the Wolves were able to pull it out...even without Sam Cassell.  KG was huge again.  I agree Scott, hopefully this swings momentum Minny's way and they can win the next one and finish it out at home.  Tough series so far though...and some great games.

In the other game, nice to see the Heat get a win.  I didn't watch the entire game, but most of the second half.  Did anyone catch Dwayne Wade's dunk on Jermaine O'Neal?  Ouch....quite nice.  The Pacers will likely end up winning the series, but the Heat are the type of underdog you kind of like to root for I think.  Lakers-Spurs battle is back on tonight.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #209 on: May 11, 2004, 11:22 AM »
I'm thinking the Spurs will take one tonight, I do hope that series goes 7 though too.  

Anyone care to comment on my reffing thing?  I watched the replay of the last shot Peja took a couple of times and in the regular season that would have been a foul.  And yet they call ticky tack fouls on Cassell and a horrible traveling call when KG got pushed at the end of OT.  I'd just like some consitency