Author Topic: NBA 2003/04  (Read 85020 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: The NBA Playoffs!
« Reply #405 on: June 8, 2004, 12:53 AM »
Patty.  We talk all the time.

Oh look, time to run away :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #406 on: June 8, 2004, 11:44 PM »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #407 on: June 9, 2004, 12:00 AM »
They flipped it!  I think I would rather have Kobe take a last shot over even Jordan

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 9, 2004, 12:07 AM »
They flipped it!  I think I would rather have Kobe take a last shot over even Jordan

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #409 on: June 9, 2004, 12:22 AM »
Nicely said Matty, Nicely Said

**** or **** would also work

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #410 on: June 9, 2004, 04:06 AM »
I'm so pissed.  I just typed up a 40 minute expose' on tonight's game and the Lakers, but with one accidental flip of the thumb against this damned laptop's mousepad, wiped the ENTIRE thing out right as I was about to post it.  Mother f*****.   >:(

Flipped the switch, indeed!   8)  Kobe saved our ass.  BIG TIME.  Again.  Suffice it to say, Kobe's as clutch as a player has ever been, and never ceases to amaze me.  He's right up there with, if not above, Michael, Magic, Bird, and Jerry West as the most clutch players of all time.

Can't believe Larry Brown didn't have his players foul on the Lakers' last play in regulation.  They could've fouled Shaq, Luke, or Kobe (before he shot it), and most likely won the game.  Bad coaching move from an otherwise great coach.

Luuuuuuuke Walton's contributions saved the game for us, after Phil almost lost it by not subbing Walton back in during the third quarter as our 11 point lead was quickly slipping away (as I predicted at halftime he would do).  Malone's got a sprained MCL, and should be out the rest of the Finals, but will adamantly refuse to be put up on the shelf, and will keep playing through the pain.  Payton sucks, and his attitude is going to be the one downside to this Championship.  He's a jerk.  Finally, Jeannie Buss said on a radio program today that there's a 95% chance that Phil will be back coaching the Lakers next year...   :-\

Really pissed I lost my previous thesis/post.   >:(
« Last Edit: June 9, 2004, 04:01 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #411 on: June 9, 2004, 10:40 AM »
Billups made that shot with 30 seconds left they could have won it...agreed on the fouls too.  Why they didn't bear hug Shaq when he touched the ball is stoopid.  Coulda had that one and we'd be looking at a Good possibility of an upset...now the Lakers will win one out there and maybe even two and ice it in game 5...slight chance of this going 7 but I think Detroit won't recover

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #413 on: June 9, 2004, 11:38 AM »
Shaq's defense is sucking again too.  Not helping out, clogging up the lane, or contesting shots at all, just like in the first two games against San Antonio.  The guy's averaging a sorry 9 boards and 1 block a game in this series so far.  That's WEAK.

But on the flip side, fortunately he's figured out how to shoot free throws of late, at about a 67% clip the past two games (8 for 12, and 9 for 14).  That's a major factor, and his free throw conversion on the 3-point play just before Kobe hit "The Shot", shouldn't be overlooked.  That was huge, and gave us the two 3-point plays that we needed to tie it up, after trailing by 6 with just 36 seconds left.

Walton was the difference though.  Just awesome.  The helpside defense he was providing on nearly every play when his teammates were beaten by their guy, probably saved us an additional 6 to 10 baskets.  It was almost all for not, as Phil predictably benched him for the entire third quarter after he had such a huge first half.  Phil - STUPID as always...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 9, 2004, 11:51 PM »
Larry Bird wants more White Guys in a "Black Man's Game"

Weird.  I like the opinions of the young guys, it's talent, not race that matters.  With some of the context and being put in that position to have to answer by an interviewer, it may not be such a bad response, just not a politically correct response.  Bird always did speak his mind and Magic didn't seem to have much to disagree with.  Would like to see the whole interview too.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #415 on: June 10, 2004, 11:20 PM »
Lakers win this one...the NBA is rigged :P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 10, 2004, 11:21 PM »
Well I'm enjoying the game ;D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #417 on: June 10, 2004, 11:22 PM »
Well I'm enjoying the game ;D
I'm enjoying it immensly

Vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooom

I hope the Pistons win to spite malcontent Payton and the Old Dirty Bastard Malone

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 10, 2004, 11:50 PM »
 ;D

Franchise low in the playoffs.  Well done.  Bloody well done.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #419 on: June 11, 2004, 12:10 AM »
;D

Franchise low in the playoffs.  Well done.  Bloody well done.
They must not have been at the Switch.  What I want to know is who flips it?  Kobe?  Shaq?  Luuuuuuke?  Grandpa Malone?