Community > Watto's Junk Yard

What's spinning?

<< < (354/354)

Nicklab:
"Lost on the river" by The New Basement Tapes.

This project has a cool backstory.  Bob Dylan's music publisher came into possession of a collection of Dylan's lyrics from the time when he was recovering from a motorcycle accident.  Dylan wrote very prolifically during this period.  And he recorded a fair amount of those with The Band that went on the become known as "The Basement Tapes".  But some of those songs were only ever conceived as lyrics.

Enter producer T-Bone Burnett.  He was given those lyrics and assembled some amazing talents to record the material:  Elvis Costello, Jim James of My Morning Jacket, Marcus Mumford of Mumford & Sons and Taylor Goldsmith of Dawes.  The project wound up being a collaboration on many fronts.  Dylan provided the lyrics, but generally speaking the artist who sang lead wrote the music for that particular song.  All in all it's a pretty cool take on some Dylan songs that hadn't seen the light of day since about 1967.

Diddly:
Foo Fighters "Sonic Highways" also dropped this week. Mine is on the way from Amazon.

Nathan:

Ryan:
Dusting this one off to wish the great John Williams a happy 90th birthday!

I've been listening to his music all morning to celebrate.

Ryan:
I'm not normally into country(ish) music, but I've been really into Colter Wall & The Dead South lately.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version