Author Topic: Santa Yoda!  (Read 14024 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Santa Yoda!
« Reply #30 on: October 2, 2003, 03:48 PM »
Just got the following note!

Scott,

Thank you for signing up for the Lightspeed Pass for Hasbro’s Holiday Yoda figure, presented exclusively by the Official Star Wars Fan Club! Here’s the latest news on how you can order this holiday season’s most-wanted collectible:

As a Lightspeed Pass holder, you’ll be notified via email at the earliest time at which you can order your Holiday Yoda figures. In the first weeks, only those who receive their order notice will be able to purchase the Holiday Yoda online.

Please note that you can order any time after your receive your Lightspeed order notice, but not before. If you cannot get online immediately please rest assured that there are many Holiday Yoda figures in stock – more than enough for all current Lightspeed Pass holders, even if everyone orders the maximum of three figures per person.

We learned some lessons from the rush of orders we received for the silver-painted Boba Fett action figure, and we have worked hard to make the ordering process smoother and more frustration-free. The Lightspeed Pass system should help you order your Holiday Yoda figures with less hassle, and help us better manage the traffic to our website.

Here's the intended schedule:

Lightspeed Pass holders will receive invitations over a two week period in mid to late October. Active subscribers may order the figure any time after receiving their invitation.
Fear not! There are lots and lots of Holiday Yoda figures for our members, so don't fret if you are not in one of the first batches invited to order.

Active subscribers who did not sign-up for Lightspeed Passes will be able to order starting near the end of October.
Lightspeed Pass holders without a currently active subscription toStar Wars Insider will be able to order starting in early November, provided there are Holiday Yoda figures left in stock.
Here’s how you can get ready:

If you have a currently active subscription to Star Wars Insider then we may need you to associate your subscription with your online account if you haven't already. To do this, sign in at http://starwars.paizo.com/mysubs If you ordered or renewed a Star Wars Insider subscription on paizo.com since August 1st, or if you ordered the silver-painted Boba Fett, you won't need to associate your subscription with your account again.
If you have problems associating your subscription with your account, or if you have specific questions about the Holiday Yoda figure, please email us at holiday.yoda@paizo.com If you are not currently a subscriber or have an expired subscription and want to order with your Lightspeed Pass, then subscribe to Insider now at http://starwars.paizo.com/swinsider Thank you for your enthusiasm and let us be the first to wish you a Happy Holidays!

Best regards,
The Official Star Wars Fan Club
http://starwars.paizo.com/
holiday.yoda@paizo.com

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 2, 2003, 07:13 PM »
Thanks for this Scott.

I did not receive the email, so I checked the site.  Yup, I have a Lightspeed pass too.  I've got it down on my product interest list, so I should be good to go.  Maybe I'll get the email soon. ???
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 2, 2003, 08:10 PM »
I just got this email a little earlier.  Haven't read it yet, but I usually don't really read any of my email until I get home.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline TopJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Toy Whore!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 2, 2003, 09:13 PM »
Man, I love that figure.......I'm a fan of Ralph's classic paintings like the Santa Yoda.....so this looks to be one of those must haves ;)

What are these selling for?
Brian AKA TopJedi
sniperman76@hotmail.com

Always interested in trading for Clone troopers,Battle Droids and other army builders

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 3, 2003, 10:40 PM »
Lo and behold, the email arrived not five minutes ago.  Yippee, I exist.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #35 on: October 3, 2003, 11:18 PM »
I finally just got my email about the Santa Yoda.  I think it's cool that they're going to let you buy 3 of these things.  I'm definitely going to buy 3 of them then.  I really liked the R2-D2/C-3P0 holiday one a lot, and this one looks great!
dustrho

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 4, 2003, 01:18 AM »
Yep, got my email too. Sweet! For $12.95, looks like a great deal.  8)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 4, 2003, 01:38 AM »
Whoa!  Cloud City Collectibles has it in stock for $23.99.

Exclusive Action Figure Holiday Edition Yoda

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2003, 06:22 PM »
Just ordered my Santa Yoda.  It came to $18.95 with shipping.  You can buy up to four if you'd like but I only got one.  It didn't say when it would be mailed but I expect soon as Cloud City already has them in stock.
Beth

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2003, 09:02 PM »
Has anyone else gotten their lightspeed pass e-mails yet besides jadesfire?  I'm all signed up and ready to go, but haven't gotten anything from Paizo yet to give me the green light on ordering.

So how many is everyone going to order?  I noticed they just bumped the Yoda allotment up to four, from three.  I'm curious why they would do such a thing.  I though even three was one too many.  Why would people need four, other than to scalp or use for trade bait?  They sure better have enough of these to go around for EVERYONE or people are going to be really upset, especially with a 4-per allotment.

Are there any more McQuarrie Christmas character sketches that would provide for a third figure in this set next year?  Or is this going to be it?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2003, 09:14 AM »
I got my lightspeed pass on Monday, but unfortunately I am not able to order any.  My wife and I only have a Discover credit card, which they do not accept, so I guess I'm out of luck.  If anyone isn't ordering all four for themselves, I'll gladly pay for one!  Otherwise, I guess I'll have to talk the wife into signing up for another credit card to get one :).

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2003, 04:06 PM »
Has anyone else gotten their lightspeed pass e-mails yet besides jadesfire?

Just got mine about an hour ago Grant.  I guess it's a bit of a "staggered" notification schedule Paizo's working with on this one.  That's probably in direct response to getting completely FLOODED when the Silver Fetts went on sale.  Sounded like their site couldn't quite handle that much activity all at once, so they're spacing the invites out a little on the Yoda this time.  Probably a good idea, as long as everyone still gets theirs...

Placed my order and everything seemed to go quite smoothly.  Looking forward to finally having someone to bring poor ol' R2 and 3PO a gift or two, up on the X-mas mantle this year.  8)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2003, 07:29 PM »
My guess is the emails go out in order of when individuals signed up for lightspeed passes.  As Matt said, a good idea to stagger the sales to ease the pressure on the system.

Seems no one (i.e. Dale) commented, but Canada sucks for yet another reason.  Paizo shipped the silver Fett's via UPS to Canadian customers.  That's fine, they get here alright, but above and beyond the usual taxes, there is an additional brokerage fee charged.  Pretty much every Canadian member of the fan club got hit with an additional $21.42 worth of cost on the ordering of two silver Fett's >:(  It's not the fault of the fan club, but boy, USPS would be so much better for our end of the bargain.  So two Fett figures cost me $20 US + $10 US shipping + $21.42 Canadian in brokerage fees.  About $60 + Cdn for two figures :-\

Hey Jim, guess where my Santa Yodas are getting delivered. ;D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2003, 09:41 AM »
I got my email from Paizo. I'm with ya Brent. Those brokerage fees are insane. Lots of complaints from that Silver Fett from the the gang up north! I would like to order 2 of them but I am not going to pay those fees.

If anyone is going to order them, I need 2 & can send ya the $$$. Just send me a PM & we can work it out.  :)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2003, 04:49 PM »
Well, I got this in the mail today and it is so cute! I ripped it open and almost tore the bonus Christmas card so be careful if you open it from the back. I'd post my picture of it but am clueless on how you do that.
My Yoda's toy bag comes of so I don't know if they are all like that or if mine wiggled loose from the glue (which I don't see any of).  Yoda holds the top in his hand so it goes right back on.  He's about the size of the action figure and will look great next to C3PO and R2 as the display stands are the same.  Can't wait to dig out my Chirstmas stuff!!
Beth