Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica/Caprica (Potential Spoilers)  (Read 103577 times)

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica...who's watching?
« Reply #120 on: October 29, 2006, 08:36 PM »
Ep 5 was amazing, no action just tight story telling.
The first 5 minutes had me sitting in my chair dumbfounded with what was happening, The way they were going around doing what they thought needed to be done was scary.
Great episode again , kudos to the writing staff and double kudos to the actors for making me care about these people.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2006, 09:34 PM »
The way they were going around doing what they thought needed to be done was scary.

Sad thing is that these things happened in real-life, too. It was good to see how Tyrol and Anders were conflicted with their participation while the others saw it as revenge.

Glad to see they didn't off Gaeta. I think he's cool.

Also, what is up with Six's change of heart with Gaius?? It'll be interesting to see what comes fo that.

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #122 on: November 4, 2006, 03:54 AM »

SPOILERS AHEAD!!! (Just in case my large image link dont work...)

I thought tonights episode was really cool! Got to see alot more about how Cylons veiw things and the chance this season to see more things from the Cylon perspective and life aboard a Basestar is really intresting. The hybrid that acts like the computer core for the Basestars was a suprise for me, but makes sense.
The old beacon causing a disease in the cylons is interesting. A coincidence or does the 13th colony somehow already know about the Cylon threats and prepared accordingly? Would be interesting if they eventually come across really old colonial ships adrift arround some world.
Pondering the possible hints that Baltar may be a Cylon...one of the five unseen/unspoken of?!?! Seems interesting.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #123 on: November 4, 2006, 12:15 PM »
Just curious, why do we have to have spoiler alerts about an episide that's been aired?  Granted, some people haven't seen it yet, but they should just stay away, or know there will be spoilers...anyway...I LOVE the Basestar stuff.  Super creepy and odd.  The way it's been handled makes it all seem so druggy and unreal.  Again, this episode was fantastic.  This season has really been on a roll.  The virus is cool, and I think that the whole "This has happened before" stuff  will play into where that thing came from.  Great Drama, Great Sci-fi!!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #124 on: November 5, 2006, 02:17 AM »
I generaly only place a spoiler alert if I have posted about an episode within 24 hours of seeing it. Later than that I figure its old enough news to not worry about it.
I had problems editing the text to be big and red for the spoiler alert so I made a gif for the situation.

I had to watch the episode again last night. Didnt catch anything new but it seemed good enough episode to watch again.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 5, 2006, 03:08 AM »
Dam 2 part epidodes !!!
Just giive us 2 hours instead of making us wait another week !!
Not Fair !!!!!
But yeah this series has just gone from strength to strength.
I love that Starbuck is starting to come around and I also love the way they are handling Tigh.
Awesome stuff
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 5, 2006, 11:34 AM »
I'm so glad that there still so many twists and turns the show can take. There hasn't been a sub-par episode yet and next weeks should keep the flow going.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #127 on: November 5, 2006, 02:24 PM »
I haven't made a comment in this thread for a couple of weeks, so I thought I'd touch on the last two episodes.

Two weeks ago, I loved how the the refugees from New Caprica were handling the "traitors", and then to find out that it was all sanctioned by President Zarek!  Great stuff!  I also liked how Tyrol was able to save Geida and then all of the circle suddenlywoke up to what they were doing.

THe latest episode had a lot more of the same with Tigh and Starbuck having trouble putting the past behind them.  I like how everyone's not going right back to their old roles, like Helo's still the Galactica's XO and even the "new" callsign for Sharon.  I loved the scene with Adama taking Starbuck's gun and ordering Tigh or her to shoot him.  Looks like Starbuck's going to come around and Tigh probably will, but it's going to take a looooong time.  I like that.

I also liked how we're learning so much about the cylons this season:

-downloading to a new body hurts, and hurts more each time they do it.

-The Hybrid that controls the Basestar is so cool!  I like how it did not want to leave the stricken basestar behind but then the "crew" just ignored the hybrid and jumped away.

-The other 5 models.  They are a big mystery, not only because we don't know their identities, but also that the other 7 won't talk about them!  They've obviously done something that doesn't conform to the cylon "Master Plan", but what exactly was it and how will it help humanity?

-Baltar.  I dont think he's a cylon, but I do consider him part of them.  At least until he decided to hide the fact he knew about the infected probe!  I'm curious to see how Caprica 6 deals with that now that she knows...since their relationship has cooled off considerably, I honestly don't know what she's going to do.  Maybe her Baltar apparition will talk her out of ratting him out.

-Hera.  I just want to know what's going on with her....we haven't seen her since they left New Caprica.

Next week looks just as awesone....and also dealing with the struggle of what to do with the cylon virus now that the humans get their hands on it.  If they decide to use it, what will that mean for Athena?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 5, 2006, 05:51 PM »
What season is BSG in at the moment?  I loved the original series as a kid in the 80's and from what I've read in this thread, this version sounds really good.  Never managed to watch any of the newer shows, but I wouldn't mind starting from the beginning.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #129 on: November 5, 2006, 08:25 PM »
This is season 3. The miniseries and season one are sold as a set (and I highly recommend it). Season 2 is more episodes that season 1, and is broken up into 2 sets. Honestly, there's really not a stinker in the bunch as far as episodes. However, the new BSG is nothing like the old BSG, so if you're looking for popcorn sci-fi, you won't find it there.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 6, 2006, 10:57 AM »
What season is BSG in at the moment?  I loved the original series as a kid in the 80's and from what I've read in this thread, this version sounds really good.  Never managed to watch any of the newer shows, but I wouldn't mind starting from the beginning.

Mike, you won't be disappointed... come over to the dark side... of Galactica.  :)

Will write more of Ep 5 later... back to work  :-\

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 7, 2006, 09:44 AM »

Mike, you won't be disappointed... come over to the dark side... of Galactica.  :)

Seriously, the first ten minutes brilliently set the tone for the whole series. If you can handle that, you're hooked.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 7, 2006, 03:54 PM »
Plus, it's interesting to see how Six has evolved from being sinister ("how fraile you humans are", then simply snaps a poor babies neck) to how she feels for Gaius. Some Cylon models are more attuned to humans than the others: Sharon and Six.

Plus, now that Galactica Sharon has been given the call-sign "Athena" does that mean she is now going to be a good Cylon, or when is she going to be called to her mission?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 8, 2006, 09:43 AM »
They've alreay set up Sharon''s conflict with the revelation that her child may still be alive (in her mind.) There's some interesting things to come from her, mission or not.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #134 on: November 8, 2006, 04:06 PM »
I don't think she even has a misson now. She knows she is cylon, she has all along. So she isn't a sleeper agent.  I believe her misson was to ge pregnant, which she did accomplish and then she went AWOL.

Like Anton said there are definitely some interesting things to come from her, like how she reacts when she finds out for sure that Adama and Roslim took her baby from her, for example.
"This is the way."