Author Topic: Romero's back with "Land of the Dead"  (Read 1064 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Romero's back with "Land of the Dead"
« on: July 15, 2004, 03:01 PM »
For fans of the Living Dead Series, looks like we are finally getting another sequel after a long 20 year wait.  Heres the scoop at comingsoon.net

George Romero is set to direct Land of the Dead, a horror film that picks up on the zombie saga he hatched with Night of the Living Dead and continued with Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead. Variety says the film, from Romero's own script, will begin production in October in Winnipeg or Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh was the site of shooting for Romero's original 1968 zombie trilogy.

In the film, the zombies having taken over the world and those left alive are confined to a walled-in city that keeps out the corpse corps. Anarchy rules the streets, with the wealthy insulated and living in fortified skyscrapers.

The drama revolves around a group of scavengers who must thwart an attempt to overthrow the city while the dead are evolving from brainless slow-moving creatures into more advanced creatures.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Romero's back with "Land of the Dead"
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 03:18 PM »
Dead Reconing. Romero said it was Dead Reconing.

:-X

I can't wait!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Romero's back with "Land of the Dead"
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 04:03 PM »
***Chants "Piiittttsssbbuuurrrrggghhh" over and over***

I hope they film here...  It'd only be right considering it's the start of the series 'round these parts.  Hope it's a Pittsburgh setting for the film as well, as Pittsburgh itself was a fort to begin with...  Could be very very cool.

Sounds like "fast" zombies have taken off too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77