Author Topic: NFL 2004-05  (Read 45832 times)

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Super Bowl XXXIX New England vs Philadelphia
« Reply #240 on: February 6, 2005, 10:47 PM »
TO really did a great job.  I don't care for the guy, but at least he played his heart out.  The Eagles shouldn't feel embarrased at all.  This was a game worthy of the name Superbowl.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 7, 2005, 07:58 AM »
Great game played by both sides.  All week long all I heard was the Pats were going to blow them out, winning by 2+ TDs.  I just  ::) at that.  The spread when I made my pick was 6.5 and it took me a while to decide who to pick.  I lost that pick, picking the Pats to win by a TD.

TO is a great athlete, good game by him.  Didn't see much from Fred Ex, though. And Pinkston made some great catches too.

Time to sit back and watch the parade, not going to able to attend this one.

Football is over  :( But pitchers and catchers report in 10 days.  ;D
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Infamy Of Crete

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Mellars
« Reply #242 on: February 7, 2005, 12:33 PM »
To all the hecklers out there (morgbug). I don't care what anyone says Philly did a great job against NewEngland Donovan panicked a little antd it ultimately cost us the game.....but overall they held New England pretty well. 
It wasn't the blowout people thought it would  be  Don;t count phillyouot for next year. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 7, 2005, 12:42 PM »
 :P

Shoe meet other foot.  You deserve it and it was pretty mild at that.  Your reading comprehension still lacks though, as you always miss the rest of the comments that are included.  In point of fact, post game no one has said Philly didn't play great or that it wasn't one of the better super bowl games ever. 

Humble.  Pie.  You may not like it, but you're eating it. :-*

sincerely,
heckler ;D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #244 on: February 7, 2005, 04:09 PM »
Biggest rip off of the night...Tom Brady not winning the MVP.  He was the clearcut winner IMO.  Sure Branch had a big game but the NE receivers are about as interchangable as they get (Patten, Brown, Branch etc)  Brady was amazing and made some amazing throws...he's as good in the big games as Montana ever was.  McNabb showed exactly why he hasn't won one yet, same old bad mistakes in the crunch

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 7, 2005, 04:13 PM »
I honestly thought Rodney Harrison deserved it.  No arguments for Branch though.  I think he sealed it when he made that catch that looked like an interception.  Went right through the defenders' hands and caught by Deion.   Amazing concentration. 
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Infamy Of Crete

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Mellars
« Reply #246 on: February 8, 2005, 11:43 AM »
:P

Shoe meet other foot.  You deserve it and it was pretty mild at that.  Your reading comprehension still lacks though, as you always miss the rest of the comments that are included.  In point of fact, post game no one has said Philly didn't play great or that it wasn't one of the better super bowl games ever. 

Humble.  Pie.  You may not like it, but you're eating it. :-*

sincerely,
heckler ;D

It's not my comprehension skills morgbug I just tune out when I read a lot of mediocrity,that's all. Try not to answer so burgeoise and I'll respond better. :)   

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 8, 2005, 12:06 PM »
Ah, the cultural elite.  I had no idea, you have my deepest and most profound apologies. 

In essence then... you read what you like and ignore the rest.  Duly noted.  Arrogant, but noted :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #248 on: February 8, 2005, 08:29 PM »
Anyway.

Little late to the discussion, but I found the game rather... uninteresting.  I dunno why.  Just seemed like the Pats seemed like such a sure thing, even when they were down a TD, that the outcome of the game was never really in question.  Lots of turnovers, even more that should've been turnovers, and I'm not too much of a fan of defense so the more scoring the better for me.  But even when Philly was coming back, I never felt like there were any anxious moments that had me on the edge of my seat.  Just kinda blah.

But congrats to the Pats.  Definitely to be considered a dynasty now.  T.O. sure showed everyone something too.  He may be a dickhead personally, but he's an amazing athlete and always fun to watch.  Hopefully he didn't jack himself up too much in the losing effort.  Kudos to Philly for a great season too, and for at least keeping it close here, even if it didn't really feel like it.

BTW, anyone catch that Tsunami relief ad where they were taking donations of stuff?  One of the donations being handed off right in plain view was one of those Separatist 3-pack Screen Scenes!  Even my wife caught it.  Pretty funny, I thought...

Anyway, looking forward to 2005/06, when I'll finally get my dream matchup of the Rams and Raiders in the Superbowl!   :P  (which would've happened 4 years ago had the infamous "snowjob" not occured, but I know Mikey doesn't want to hear about that again...  ;))
« Last Edit: February 8, 2005, 08:29 PM by JediMAC »