Author Topic: Re: recreating the Arena Battle  (Read 11026 times)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: recreating the Arena Battle
« Reply #15 on: March 5, 2003, 03:28 PM »
So do you guys have any pictures of your arena setup? That would be cool to see!

I have a digital camera - JediMac / anyone share info to a novice on how to get  a picture up for everyone?  Thanks again for all the feedback - I appreciate the fact that folks at this website don't curse and act a nut like some other websites.  Thank you again ladies and gents.

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: March 5, 2003, 03:35 PM »
FishEyedLouie, I am happy to hear that you feel that way about the site and our members, it is what we strive for. Send me your picture, my e-mail is cberry@jedidefender.com. I would be happy to post the image up for you.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: March 5, 2003, 04:16 PM »
Well, that link Scott put up with a picture of the two Neimoidians cohorting in AOTC, certainly makes it look like it could be Lott Dod - just with a different hat.  Interesting...

Guess he wasn't just solely confined to the Senate (especially when you consider I was thinking about the scene from TPM, duh).  Maybe you better get a Lott Dod in your Arena Battle diorama there after all Matthew!

I probably have some extras of a few of these that you're still missing (though you can probably find them in our local stores still).  I'll take a look at my supply and let you know what I've got.  Maybe I can hook you up on Friday with a few more figures than originally planned...   :)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #18 on: March 5, 2003, 04:26 PM »
Here ya' go!  You can all judge for yourself!  Great picture from Neo-242's and The Real Scooby's Photo reference website here:

Photo not working...

The picture links are kinda whacky at their site.  If the image doesn't show up, just go to this link:

Deleted their link, as their photo reference website has most definitely gone astray as far as where their former URL now really takes you.   :o

But it did look pretty much just like Lott Dod to me, just a different hat...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2003, 08:45 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #19 on: March 5, 2003, 09:44 PM »
Here's a pic of my Arena,  ;D

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 6, 2003, 08:24 AM »
Yes it doesn't make much sense at all, originally there was debate that the theatrical credits said Lott Dod and the Official Website said Gilramos Libkath, since then it has been changed to Lott Dod and most on-line references (including the Data Bank) say Lott

Just checked out the Visual Dictionary, and that called him Gilramos Libkath.  Yet another inconsistancy.  Hooboy!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 8, 2003, 05:46 PM »
Was Adi Gallia or Rune Haako at the Arena Battle?

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: March 8, 2003, 05:49 PM »
Brad, I like your setup, especially using the E1 Mace! Nice touch.

FishEyedLouie, if you need that picture posted drop me a line and I will get it up for you. :)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 8, 2003, 07:13 PM »
Brad, I like your setup, especially using the E1 Mace! Nice touch.

FishEyedLouie, if you need that picture posted drop me a line and I will get it up for you. :)

I want to do a few things before I post the picture.  I have not forgotten the offer, and will let you know.  Take care Chris.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #24 on: March 9, 2003, 02:59 PM »
Was Adi Gallia or Rune Haako at the Arena Battle?

According to LucasArts' Jedi Starfighter, Adi Gallia was not at the Arena Battle... however, I believe a member of her race is there... I heard it was her sister, but I'm not sure about that... I'm looking into it now.
Ruke Haako was not there, but I'll check anyway.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2003, 08:29 PM »
Hello all, Iv'e been out of town for a while.  How about Ayala Secura and Barriss Offee, were they at the arena?  I recall someone stating Ayala was not.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2003, 08:40 PM »
Hello all, Iv'e been out of town for a while.  How about Ayala Secura and Barriss Offee, were they at the arena?  I recall someone stating Ayala was not.

Yep, they were both definitely in the Arena Matthew!  And I can give a definitive no on Adi Gallia being in there.  Rune Haaku wasn't there either, though Nute Gunray was, with his Nimoudian buddy who very well might be Lott Dod...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2003, 08:48 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2003, 02:22 PM »

There's a couple of shots where I've seen Aayla Secura.  In one, she's kicking a droid.  In the other, she's being walked towards the circle of survivors.

As for Barriss Offee, the only shot where I've seen her very clearly was when all the Jedi ignite their lightsabers.  You'll notice she's got a blue one :)
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2003, 11:38 PM »
First thanks everyone for all of your input.  My wife and I spent about 8 hours over the last week finalizing the diorama.  We...

If someone has a photo program that can sharpen the clarity a bit please let me know so that I can send the picture to you to post here at JD.

1) Hung a gunship, that has two clone trooper pilot's, two deluxe clone trooper pilots manning the guns, two preview clone pilots, and yoda.  

2) Painted a backround for the wall to match the walls of the arena.  

3) Painted three regular battle droids, with my wifes craft paint, supprisingly it came out excellent, arguably better then the four other red battle droids I had.

4) Hunted around to find the right color and texture sand, most sands you buy from a home improvement store are toxic.  We finally found it at Michaels Arts and Crafts!

5) Hung two genossian warriors.

The scene includes:

Arena, Republic Gunship, Acklay, Nexu, and Reek.

Ki-Adi, Aayla, Luminara, Nixto, Kit, Saesse, Shak, Anakin, Padme, Obi, Mace, two jedi casualties, R2, C3PO with Red Battle Droids Head, 2 Clone Pilots, 2 Deluxe Clones manning the guns, Two pre-view clones, Yoda.

Dooku, Lott, Nute, Boba, Jango, 7 Red Battle Droids, 7 Genossian Warriors, 5 Super Battle Droids, Destroyer Droid, Damaged Destroyer Droid, Red Battle Droid w/ C3PO's head.

I still need Barris, and Plo - but it looks good enough to let you all see.

Fish-  

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2003, 09:11 AM »
use photoshop to sharpen the image, add creative filters for cool effects and save the file. If you don't have photoshop, MS Photoeditor that usually comes with MS Office should to the sharpen feature.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"