Author Topic: Dusty Trail Toys new "Wild West" Line  (Read 15518 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Dusty Trail Toys new "Wild West" Line
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2004, 12:13 AM »
I've already got the HALO paratrooper and if the Wild West line is anything near as cool and detailed, then I will sit here and shake in anticipation...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2004, 03:38 AM »
I sent a mail too Paul.  Let the pestering take flight!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2004, 08:21 AM »
I've actually post little blurbs here, at yojoe, TNI and even to the Cowboy-Old West re-enactors sites that I frequent...trying to see if I can get the groundswell going.

I think we might be able to get 1:18 scale manufacturers to look outside the usual 3 time periods/genres if these take off.  Not that there is anything wrong with Sci-Fi/Modern Combat,/and WWII, I just think if a line from a time period other than those sells, we might be able to get all those other eras we've all dreamed of.

Since I skipped dreaming of Sugar Plums the other night, this is what I came up with to continue the want list....(feel free to add on everybody)

Blacksmith (with anvil, hammer, fire and horseshoe)
Undertaker
Doctor (sawbones)

I am going to start finding pics online or in my book collections to go with various names/ideas we get.   (Yes I have no life.  It is a Movie year with Star Wars so not much OT stuff, GI Joe is done for a month or two, so I needed a new focus anyway.)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2005, 05:32 PM »
Jesse,

Please share some more details about your letter from DT....

I haven't gotten a response, but I think mine may have not actually had any questions in it, just me pandering to them....

I find it difficult to think that they would make a cannon or gatling gun and not have any of the Wild West Period Military or CW Military to man them.

PM

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 7, 2005, 09:19 AM »
Sadly I fear that this line has been killed before it even got off the ground....too bad for them.  If they had put out some teaser pics or product before I found that Clone Commander, they would have gotten all my Collecting money (what with GI JOe going to the SIgma Sux/Yu-GI-Joe).

I can't believe it has been since December or earlier that we saw pics....

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: April 8, 2005, 05:38 AM »
I don't have the mail any longer, but it was very nice, but not particularly informative either Paul.

Hard to say where this line stands.  They were pushing it at Toy Fair I know, and didn't have a buyer at that point.  it could be just in production, or still shopping it around.  Hard to say right now but I too am a little dejected to not hear more.

I'm sorta amped about the Terminator and Planet of the Apes lines though, those are cool.  Wish more military stuff was rolling around, but so far the Marines have been the highlight of '05.  :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 1, 2005, 09:20 AM »
Well according to another site the "Wild West Line" was not picked up by a retailer, so the Wild West line has ended up on Boot Hill.

I'm not ashamed to say (at least here) that I am pretty bummed.  I don't usually get super psyched about much but this line had me actually dreaming of future product (literally) and I was even going to make a shelf for display (ok HAVE one made).

The only other movie besides the OT that I watch over and over is Tombstone...Finally having figures that even vaguely resemble the characters was going to be awesome.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: July 6, 2005, 02:19 AM »
Yeah I'm bummed too Paul...  But, you never know if the line will get picked up by someone somehow, so don't give up totally...  Can hope for it, ya know?

I'd still love a Civil War line since it was just something so influencial on my life, but whatever...  Not for now I guess.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2007, 02:54 PM »
Does anybody know where the Prototypes or the sculptors are that did this line?

I'd love to get in contact with them if anybody has any "leads".

I really wish this line would have gotten some support..

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2007, 08:18 PM »
I certainly don't have info for this Paul, sorry.  I don't have a clue who did that stuff but god it was nice looking.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 3, 2012, 08:04 AM »
Saw these Prototypes on Ebay thanks to a tip from JJ, they didn't go for near what I thought they would.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: December 5, 2012, 01:24 AM »
Hmmm, how bout those eh?  Nice little protos for someone to have at a pretty decent price for what there was.  Love the gambler, myself.  Personal favorite.  He's my huckleberry.