Author Topic: 2005 - What are you watching?  (Read 3013 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2005 - What are you watching?
« Reply #15 on: March 1, 2005, 10:44 AM »
My wife and I watch a fair amount of TV in the evenings, after all the working, exercising, errands are taken care of.  We do watch pretty much all of our TV together, so that influences some of our viewing decisions for sure :).  Always enjoy a good TV show, "cheap" entertainment I guess.

Sunday
Simpsons - Always a classic, and I've been watching it from the beginning.
Arrested Development - Getting some critical acclaim now, and really is a great, funny show.  I wish more people would watch it so it wouldn't constantly be in danger of cancellation.  One of my favorites.
Desperate Housewives - Wife wanted to check it out, now we are both fairly hooked.  Not too bad of a show to be honest.
American Dreams - A favorite of my wife, and this is one of the times we went to seperate TVs (so I would watch Simpsons/Arrested and tape it for her).  It hasn't been on the past month or so, and sounds like it might be getting cancelled (moving to Wednesdays for a couple of shows).

Monday
Nothing real die hard here, but we do tend to catch Everybody Loves Raymond if it is new.  Nothing else in particular, sometimes have the CBS "comedies" on if anything.

Tuesday
Scrubs - Probably our favorite show on TV.  We both enjoy comedies, and I really think this is the funniest show on TV.  Maybe it is just my sense of humor, but I really enjoy it.  Not much else in particular on this night either, just switching around through different things.

Wednesday
Rough night, too many good things on at once it seems.  I try to catch Lost, and would really like to see it, but two other shows seem to have precedence, so I'm going to have to catch the reruns/DVDs.  From what I've seen it looks great.  Otherwise...
That 70s Show - Always enjoyed this show, and lots of great Star Wars references as well.  Usually tape this while watching...
Smallville - We're both hooked on this show.  Always been big fans of Superman (my wife as well), and although it is a little bit different telling of the mythology, it is usually quite entertaining.  One of our favorite shows as well, and one we don't miss.

Not much else on Wednesday otherwise, although we do occasionally catch "King of Queens", pretty funny show.

Thursdays
Not a real big night for us TV wise, necessarily.  Used to be Friends watchers, but haven't really transferred over to Joey all that much.  We have watched it a few times, but its nothing spectacular.  Sometimes funny, sometimes not so much.  The only show we really end up watching on Thursdays is, sadly, the OC.  My wife started watching it in the first season, and then I started watching with her, and kind of got hooked into the storyline I guess.  Definitely a teen "angst" drama thing, but it can be quite funny, and really isn't too bad.  I'm sure I'm one of few (if any) on here that has watched it though.

Fridays
Not much really.  If home we'll catch some TLC type shows like "Clean Sweep", and my wife sometimes likes to watch "Hope and Faith".  Otherwise, its movie night.

Saturday
Much like Friday, often movie night if we're home.  Otherwise, occasional "home show" type things, and I usually like to watch the Justice League cartoon if it is new.  Even though it is a "cartoon", I really do enjoy it quite a bit, and it isn't too "kiddie".

Syndicated/Daily Stuff
Reruns - That 70s Show, Simpsons, Smallville, Seinfeld.
Late Night with Conan O'Brien

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: 2005 - What are you watching?
« Reply #16 on: March 3, 2005, 11:33 AM »
Sunday: Any WWE PPV thats on.

Monday: RAW IS WAR!!!

Tuesday: Sex and the City

Wednesday: Smallville

Thursday: WWE Smackdown (look for me tonight, I was there Tuesday :-*)

Friday: Nothing

Saturday: Nothing

Syndicated TV: Angel, Buffy

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...