Author Topic: INTERACTIVE Photonovel - Not an update, but worth a look!  (Read 105263 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: INTERACTIVE Photonovel -UPDATED AGAIN! 8/31!!!
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2005, 02:56 PM »
Awesome update Lance! I have to get to class, I'll give my full rundown in a bit. :)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 02:56 PM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2005, 05:36 PM »
Drop the transponder down the pooper. That should throw them off. (I learned this confuses people, from Buffy the Vampire Slayer), and go to the rondevous. Call Callie immediatley and don't let her know your onto her.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2005, 07:45 PM »
Alright, I'm ready for a full breakdown.

We need to get rid of the transponder. But breaking it is a bad idea. Then whoever the device belongs to would know we are on  to them. My vote is too bump into someone on "accident" and slip them the beacon. I think this would be better than flushing it, because depending on the tracking system they have, they'd notice it in the sewer, it would be better if it went places people travel. I think it would be a good idea to give it to someone who looks mean, and looks like they could deserve it. Callie really threw us a curveball as we were leaving. She really seemed like she cared, but then we found the tracking beacon, I still don't trust her, but since I kinda of expected this, I'm not sure what to think about her, but I still think we need to be cautious in dealing with her.
"This is the way."

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2005, 08:27 PM »
You'd have to make sure the tracking device doesn't go back to Callie's bar. She'd probably notice that.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2005, 08:30 PM »
like i said stick i on the sleeping guy outside the bath room

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2005, 11:03 PM »
So everyone can benefit from it, here is the text of

smartypant1635's post from FFURG -

i told you so, that little impy ahhhhhh we trusted her so now what i say that we either take the tracking device and place it on that guy whos sleeping outside the restroom so when he leaves shell track him not you
second after youv done that ask you rebel friends what you shoyuld do oh heres a plan ok have one of the rebels that you and callie hasnt seen go into the cantina then useing your comm call her and tel her that youve made contact soo whereeverthe loner is shell think you are shell alert the impys and run of then you and your rebel frend whos ther can tell you and the rebels shes gone then ucan bug her office so you can hear what she says also do it to the bar so you can listen in

yes a double double cross
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2005, 11:17 PM »
The idea about slipping it on someone else is cool, but I'd flush it. Floating in space will make them think you're in a starfighter. :P

Then go meet blondie. Then maybe call Callie back, pretending you don't know about the tracker?

Great update, BTW! :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2005, 11:51 PM »
I've thought about it and I trust Callie. A lot more than I trust blondie. Just because Callie has stormtrooper armor in her office, it doesn't mean she's in league with the Empire. I'd rather suggest she's with the alliance, or something like it. Would she even fit in that armor? Someone ask Karma. ;) No...I don't think she's a threat, we can trust her. Blondie on the other hand has a Wookie and an ******* friend. If her friend so blatantly refused to talk with you, why would she violate that for a stranger so quickly? And I thought wookiees were enslaved by the Empire. Sure, we're on the outer rim, but my money says blondie and her gang is the threat, not Callie. I'd ask Callie about the 3 men outside your ship next chance I got, but for now, I'm keeping the tracker.

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 1, 2005, 01:26 AM »
A few questions/comments:

Then you'd better check on whether your comm unit still works after you've been fiddling with it.

The comm link does seem to be working fine.  The device was not integrated into its circuitry at all, just placed inside of it.

Drop the transponder down the pooper...and go to the rondevous. Call Callie immediatley and don't let her know your onto her.

I'm sorry, do you mean call Callie right now, or immediately after the rendezvous?  And what would you say??

second after youv done that ask you rebel friends what you shoyuld do oh heres a plan ok have one of the rebels that you and callie hasnt seen go into the cantina then useing your comm call her and tel her that youve made contact soo whereeverthe loner is shell think you are shell alert the impys and run of then you and your rebel frend whos ther can tell you and the rebels shes gone then ucan bug her office so you can hear what she says also do it to the bar so you can listen in

Well, this is a long and very complicated plan which hinges on too many contigencies at the moment....but you should definitely file it away for later if things go accordingly.

The idea about slipping it on someone else is cool, but I'd flush it. Floating in space will make them think you're in a starfighter.

What makes you think the station flushes its waste into space?  The station doesn't go anywhere, after all....it's not a ship or a plane.  That could get messy after a while for incoming ships, to say nothing of the view.... ;)

I'd ask Callie about the 3 men outside your ship next chance I got, but for now, I'm keeping the tracker.

You did happen to mention the three guys outside your ship to Callie back at the bar.  She speculated that they might be members of a notorious group known as the Terasi Pirates (not that you know what that is....)

Excellent discussion, folks!  Some really great suggestions and theories.  As much as I'd love to post a follow up right away, it'll still probably be a few days.  It's really great to have this level of thought and participation put into the game, it makes it all worthwhile!!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 1, 2005, 02:25 AM »
Whoops. Sorry lance...speed reading.  :)
« Last Edit: September 1, 2005, 02:25 AM by Jediknight760071 »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #86 on: September 1, 2005, 03:10 AM »
Now, I don't trust That Blondie anymore than Callie, either. She has done NOTHING to earn any trust. That's why we have to check out there area first and watch them really closely when they arrive, and make sure they are not Empire, or even just petty criminals.I'm not in the mood to be captured and held for ransom. But I still don't trust Callie, sure she seems nice and caring but she did place a tracking beacon in the helmet and to me that doesn't say "trust me." I'm still giving her a chance but she isn't quite on my good side yet, the little man downstairs thinks differently,  but the brain in my head doesn't trust her. :D
"This is the way."

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #87 on: September 1, 2005, 11:50 AM »
I've thought about it and I trust Callie. A lot more than I trust blondie. Just because Callie has stormtrooper armor in her office, it doesn't mean she's in league with the Empire. I'd rather suggest she's with the alliance, or something like it. Would she even fit in that armor? Someone ask Karma. ;) No...I don't think she's a threat, we can trust her. Blondie on the other hand has a Wookie and an ******* friend. If her friend so blatantly refused to talk with you, why would she violate that for a stranger so quickly? And I thought wookiees were enslaved by the Empire. Sure, we're on the outer rim, but my money says blondie and her gang is the threat, not Callie. I'd ask Callie about the 3 men outside your ship next chance I got, but for now, I'm keeping the tracker.

The thing is... That Lucen Fang fellow isn't exactly her friend, as I understand it.  He seems to be a mercenary who's working for her somehow.  In fact, she didn't seem too pleased with his services the first time we saw her; she was yelling at him something like "You assured me this facility would be secure..." (Here's the scene -- you may have to scroll down some.)

As far as Callie being with the Alliance... Even that doesn't necessarily make her trustworthy from your point of view.  Whomever's side she's on, she's spying on you. When someone's spying on me, whether they're Rebels or Imperials, that doesn't usually increase my trust in them.

In any case, whether either of them are trustworthy or not, I'm sure I'm not the only one ready for a new scene and new adventure.  :)

... the Findswoman

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 1, 2005, 12:25 PM »
Call her and say your Com wasn't working right and you wanted to test it before you made the meeting.  Tell her to wish you luck, and hang up. I still say flush it. There's pipes obviously throughout the station, and it's going to move after each flush, and if it gets as much action as we just smelled, I'd say it's a sure bet it will throw her off.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 1, 2005, 01:53 PM »
Well, I don't like sidestepping an issue, so I would tell her right off the bat that you found the device.  I don't know if she's a threat, and I hope she's not, so I'd be straight up with her and ask her why there is a tracking device on it.  I would say, "Don't you trust me?"  Or, "I think you lost your tracking device in the commlink you gave me." 

Besides, if this chick is on your side, and she's hot for you, it might impress her that you found it.

And I don't think that ditching it solves anything... it's like you're trying to trick her right back and shows a major lack of trust (and fear of her).

So, I'd call her on the way to the meeting, and tell her you found it, but I wouldn't reveal how you found it.  Make her start guessing about you for once.

:P
« Last Edit: September 1, 2005, 01:54 PM by CHEWIE »