Author Topic: We need a New MS Outlook Feature  (Read 1472 times)

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
We need a New MS Outlook Feature
« on: May 30, 2003, 05:58 PM »
I want a new button on the toolbar of my email program:

"Kill Sender".

It would work just like "Reply", except when you click it, you get to choose from many horrible types of death on a nifty drop down menu and then click send.

The sender then receives this sort of death. I'm not sure how that part of the feature would work yet, but....I'm sure they could figure it out at Microsoft.

I see it  primarily being used as a spam filter. It's sort of a permanent way to remove yourself from a spammer's list.

It would also work for those chain letters I keep getting.

I bet they could bundle this in with the next version of MSN and make millions.

Sure, there'd probably be another trial (this time murder instead of antitrust) but I think they could find their way around that little issue.

After all, could the prosecution find a jury that would convict anyone for using my new feature?

What do you guys think?

Got Clones?

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
Re: We need a New MS Outlook Feature
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2003, 07:15 PM »
That is certainly a much needed feature!  Though death might be a bit extreme.  Perhaps just some type of slow and highly painful torture with corresponding permanent disfigurement that the spammer would have to live with for the rest of their lives.  That way, they could be a permanent living advertisement/warning to anyone else who is considering filling up my e-mail inbox with absolute crap.   >:(

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2003, 08:02 PM »
At least AOL has finally added a "Report Spam" button, which basically deletes your e-mail, and reports it to AOL as spam, all in one fell swoop.  Just curious what happens after that on AOL's end.

I did catch a recent story in the news on a couple of the all-time biggest e-mail spammers getting their day in court finally, so apparently someone's finally taking some much deserved action against these clowns!

But yeah, I wouldn't mind being able to shoot a nice Sith lightning bolt through their computer monitors and straight into their mug.  That might get their attention.  Death?  Well...  maybe.  Have to think about that one!

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2003, 03:31 AM »
I like your idea Josh... I like it a lot!  

dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: April 4, 2005, 10:48 PM »
(stumbled upon this one way back in the archives)

I want a new button on the toolbar of my email program:

"Kill Sender".

It would work just like "Reply", except when you click it, you get to choose from many horrible types of death on a nifty drop down menu and then click send.

The sender then receives this sort of death. I'm not sure how that part of the feature would work yet, but....I'm sure they could figure it out at Microsoft.

I see it  primarily being used as a spam filter. It's sort of a permanent way to remove yourself from a spammer's list.

It would also work for those chain letters I keep getting.

I bet they could bundle this in with the next version of MSN and make millions.

Sure, there'd probably be another trial (this time murder instead of antitrust) but I think they could find their way around that little issue.

After all, could the prosecution find a jury that would convict anyone for using my new feature?

What do you guys think?

What do I think?  I think a whole lotta folks here would love such a feature right about now...   ;D