Author Topic: Do You Have Pets?  (Read 101342 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Have Pet's?
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2003, 10:20 PM »
Sorry to hear about your loss Bob.  :'(

There were 2 news stories about a lost cats that returned after 7 & 10 years this year.
Cat returns after seven years away

Long-gone microchipped cat finds owner

Hope your kitty does come back but in a shorter amount of time.
Just like the song!  ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Have Pets?
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2003, 12:32 AM »
Sorry about the boo-boo Bob.  She did live a long life though.  

We've had two cats go missing for periods ranging from 6 days to 43.  Never, ever thought we'd see either again.  Pleased that we did.  One is still around here now. :)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Membraneman

• Jedi Initiate
  • Me, Me, Me !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2003, 01:32 AM »
Thanks guys.. ;)

Dale, sorry I forgot totell you earlier tonite.. :P

Brent, thanks bud, I sure hope the Cat comes back, I miss the little bugger.. :)
I FIND, YOU FIND, WE TRADE

Bob Newton
Membraneman
BHC Administrator
bob@galactichunter.com

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2003, 09:05 AM »
Sorry about your dog Bob, I know how hard it is to put down a sick pet. :'(

Beth

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2003, 09:38 AM »
Also sorry to hear about your dog, my wife and I are dog people, and unfortunately, I have been through losing a pet more times than I would care to. God bless you and your family through everything.  I know how much they can definitely become part of the family.  I know our dog is definitely our "child", we are so happy to have him.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2003, 08:22 PM »
Bob, sorry to hear about the loss of your dog.  I know how hard it is to have to put down one of your "children."  I'm so sorry.   :'(

I also hope your comes back home to you.  Put some wet cat food on a dish, and leave a dish on your front door and back door.  Hopefully he'll recognize the smell and come home to you.
dustrho

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Official Pet/Animal Thread
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2004, 03:47 PM »
I could have sworn that I have seen a thread like this here before, but for some reason I couldn't find it.  I'm sorry if I am duplicating...

Anyways, how many of you out there are pet owners, or would like to be some day?  Personally, I have always been an animal person.  I grew up on a farm, and aside from the "livestock" we have had a number of dogs and cats over the years as well.  My wife and I are both dog people, and really have a soft spot for them.  We are the proud owners of a now 4-year old Beagle.  We got him when he was six weeks old, which was about 6 months or so before we got married as well.  I have always been really fond of our dogs over the years, but we have never been so attached to an animal before.  I personally have never had a house dog before (parents wouldn't let us growing up), but our beagle pretty much has the run of the house.  The fact that I have been working at home now for a little while has made it even worse, as he is right by my side each minute of the day...and follow me everywhere.  We don't have any children yet, but he is pretty much our kid...we treat him that way it seems, and would never want anything bad to happen to him.

Anyways, any other pet owners out there....or just pet/animal people?  Lets hear about your furry, feathery, or fishy friends (or whatever else you might have). :)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Official Pet/Animal Thread
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2004, 04:28 PM »
I could have sworn that I have seen a thread like this here before, but for some reason I couldn't find it.  I'm sorry if I am duplicating...

What, you mean like this one Brian:

Do you have pets?   ;)  Maybe if our Search feature actually worked here, it'd be easier to find old stuff.  But as it is, our Search function totally blows...

Want me to merge it, or not...?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 04:30 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Official Pet/Animal Thread
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2004, 04:38 PM »
See...I knew it, sorry about that.  Sure, you can go ahead and merge it...or just delete my post, it doesn't matter.  Whatever you think is best.  I tried going through the back pages, but was skimming and must have missed it.  Sorry about that Matt, thanks.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 04:45 PM by mosnab »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2004, 04:57 PM »
Heck, no worries at all Brian!   ;)

Beagles are cool.  We had one for many years when I was a kid...  Patty's been wanting to get a puppy since we moved and actually just brought it up again yesterday, but since we don't really have a yard, I'd rather wait.  Don't want a puppy terrorizing the interior of the new place.  Plus, I don't want to clean up dog $h!t.   :P

Still haven't gotten the aquarium out of storage yet, but hopefully will soon, so I can at least say we have some pet fish!   :-\

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2004, 05:23 PM »
Squirt then & now. Just over a yr ago & today.

Mug's & Niece. Brother & sister.

Mug's is the strange one. Wazzup!  ;D

I still miss my Charlie cat.  :'(

Offline BobaShek

• Jedi Initiate
  • OT Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2004, 08:11 PM »
I might as well chime in, seeing as how this thread has been resurrected. :)

Here's a pic of my semi-new cat, Chino. He's less than a year old, and he was very young when this picture was taken. He's grown a lot since then:

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2004, 09:20 PM »
I can’t usually participate in JD’s threads due to cultural indifference.

But I feel I can at least update this topic with pics of the only rodents currently  living in my house (or rather those with permission to do so).

Rosie:

Alana:

Éowyn:
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2004, 10:20 PM »
We are currently up to 2 small dogs.

A male pug who's name is Gramps but is refered to by the wife as Gram and commonly refered to, by me, as Chubs, since he could stand to lose a pound or two.

A female boston terrier/pug mix that has a noticeable underbite named Emy but I like to call her Dingy, I guess just because it sounds funny. And she'll actually come to either name now.  ;D

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2004, 10:32 PM »
not anymore... i got rid of that b!tch  ;)