Author Topic: Do You Have Pets?  (Read 101321 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Have Pets?
« Reply #75 on: September 2, 2004, 09:50 PM »
He lasted quite a while, a good three months, so we may get another one in a couple of days

3 months is a rather short life span for a betta actually. my last one just died a few months ago, but i had it (could never tell if it was a male or female) for almost 5 years...

right now i have no pets, except for the dust bunnies under the bed  :-\

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #76 on: September 2, 2004, 10:25 PM »
That was in comparison to the 2 days and 4 days the Gold Fish lasted

We changed the water too quickly when we left last week and he didn't do so hot :-\

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #77 on: September 2, 2004, 11:01 PM »
Bettas actually take water changes better than most fish- my guess is he got fin rot or ick.  They have a labyrinth breathing system, so they aren't as prone to having problems w/ water changes like ordinary fish. 
I used to keep bettas when I was in college- one lasted 3 years- even flew home w/ me on some extended vacations.  I only had maybe one or two ever die that quickly and it was some sot of disease that got them- suddenly they are swimming sideways or something.
Anyway, I don't have fish now, I have a cat- Chloe, and she looks like the cat from Pet Semetary- or so I'm told.  I had water turtle named Yoda, but I gave him away around 2 years ago when I got divorced and became a single mom- too much work to keep up his tank and take care of my son. 
I'll get a dog when Aidan is older, but that will be a few years.
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 3, 2004, 12:35 AM »
well, i just found a pic of my old buddy akira, who i left behind with the ex-wife when i moved out, cause my new apartment doesn't allow pets:

i don't seem to have any pics of his sister cleo. i'll try and look around and see if i have any...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 3, 2004, 12:44 AM »
Noble tabby :)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 3, 2004, 10:26 AM »
We have an ever-annoying little mutt--a poodle/Lasa/Cocker Spaniel mix. He is completely untrainable. He prefers to be dirty. He likes to hump and tear apart his "indestructable" bed. Ick. He will eat anything he thinks is food...even when it's not. The harder I try to restrain him with his leash, the harder he will pull the opposite way. The frequency of his misdeeds is only outnumbered by the frequency of his gastrointestinal emissions. Really. He and our 10-month old daughter have formed an alliance bent on driving me and my wife bonkers. While one is at rest, the other invariably cries/whines/gets into trouble. I miss having cats.

jokabofe, that's a really great photo. :) Looks a lot like a cat I used to have.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #81 on: September 3, 2004, 10:15 PM »
My mom just put our 16-year-old cat to sleep today. She's been pissing on the carpet for a couple months now, and I'm sure most of you know how badly cat piss stinks.

This is now officially the Worst ******* Day of My Life. I woke up late for work today, was stuck there for eleven hours, I found out my girlfriend is ******* Lord-knows-how-many other guys, my cat's now dead, and I have a cold. Oh, and my cable and internet won't be set up until Sept. 8th.

At least I'm moving tomorrow, and I found some new VOTC tonight, so I'm just going to go blast some Cure, smoke cigarettes, and drink a lot of beer.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #82 on: September 8, 2004, 04:19 PM »
Sorry to hear about the loss of your Cat Ben, that sucks, I remember when my parents called to tell me our childhood cat was being put down as well.  Its a hard thing to do but in the end its good to end their suffering

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2004, 11:31 AM »
Newest addition as of 3 weeks ago. This is Bailey & she loves to climb on shelves. Shes banned from going into my collection room.  

We now have 5 cats!  :o

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2004, 12:51 PM »
We got another one too Dale...  She just got home from her spaying today.  She has no tail and looks silly. 

The other two have adapted...  Tarkin plays with her, but Chaos just tolerates her. 

Oddly enough, not having a tail has the new cat fascinated by everyone WITH a tail.  So she attacks the tails of the other cats and Yellow Dog as well.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2004, 02:51 PM »
Post a pic of the new little one Jesse.  :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2004, 03:51 PM »
I'll put my powers of telepathy to work and see if I can mentally generate an image here...

[Eric Cartman Powers] trying......  [/Eric Cartman Powers]

I got nothing man.   :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2004, 04:56 PM »
Our cat, Tiger, passed away recently. It was really hard for the family, my mom especially - but we've since adopted a kin of Tiger's (they are brother's or CC is Tiger's nephew or something). The two are really polar opposite, despite their relation. His name is CC - we don't know what CC stands for, but we're guessing 'Coward Cat'... Tiger got all the balls in the family, that's for sure.

Here's a pic of him napping, which is pretty much all he ever does...

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2004, 06:04 PM »
Ooohhhhhh....pictures of cats.  I LOVE cats.  They are all so cute (and Brad, CC is pretty 'big boned' isn't he?? ;)).

Beth

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2004, 09:06 PM »
Newest addition as of 3 weeks ago. This is Bailey & she loves to climb on shelves. Shes banned from going into my collection room.  

We now have 5 cats!  :o

That's an adorable kitten!!!! So cute and photogenic!!!!

I miss my cats and dog, they're back home with moms. A black and white cat that I saved from the access road of the busiest highway in Austin. And a mutli colored cat that got from a rescue group. They are palsy walsies!!!

And then my dog which is a pit bull mutt, my mom found on the street. It jsut began to follow her, and no matter how she tried to shoosh it away, it wouldn't move. So she called me and I drove over to where the street she was at, and let het take my suv home, while I walked the dog to our vets, 20 blocks away. It wouldn't get in, and I wasn't about to pick up an unknown pit bull. Got checked out and given his shots and we brought him home. I mean he would have been put down at the pound, there are so many Pit Bull mixes, its sad. Anyhow his name is Diablo!!!!

They all get along and keep my moms entertained!!!! Especially those crazy, get into everything, cats!!!
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent