Author Topic: My Dog is going to pass away  (Read 2079 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
My Dog is going to pass away
« on: May 22, 2003, 05:56 PM »
I just came back from a 6 day trip to Arizona.  My fiance's brother had a master degree ceremony and he also got married in Tucson this weekend.  Before I left,  my dog which is a Sheltie named Tucker, had a tumor removed.  Unfortunately my vet informed me he has lymphonic (sp?) cancer and should only live a month.  So, in the mean time he's supposed to get cortozone shots every 2 weeks.  I'm hearbroken and it sucks, but I did have him for 9 years and was a phenomenal pet for me.  So, if you have a pet be sure to give it some extra love.  You probably take your pet for granted and one day they are gone.    So, don't get too mad if it poops on the floor once in awhile :)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: My Dog is going to pass away
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2003, 06:43 PM »
Really sorry to hear about Tucker's cancer Brian.  Losing a great pet is always tough, especially when it's a slow process and you know it's coming but can't do anything about it.  Pets are akin to best friends or family to most people, so it's always heartbreaking to see one pass away...   :'(  Just remember all the good times you had with Tucker and try to enjoy your remaining time with him to the absolute fullest...

So, don't get too mad if it poops on the floor once in awhile :)

What if they tear apart your Vintage collecting room like reconsgt's dog did earlier this year...   :-\  Wayne was pretty cool about it though, I'll admit.  Bad puppy!   :P

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2003, 09:02 PM »
Sorry to hear this news Brian.  Pets are such a large part of our lives it is very hard to let them go.  Best wishes for the next few weeks.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2003, 10:04 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about your dog Tucker.  Hope he doesn't suffer much.  Best wishes to you and Tucker.
dustrho

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2003, 09:10 AM »
Yep losing a pet is tough.

Matts right I did have the puppy eat and destroy a bunch of stuff I had sitting on the floor. A couple of months after that I had to put down my other dog. I had her for 11 years and it was probably one of the hardest things I had to do. Pets truely to touch a special place in the heart. All the little naughty things they do are a small price to pay for the love and joy they give us.  The special thing about dogs are that they are the only animal that can love us more than they love themselves. Truely unselfish unconditional devotion.

I would gladdly trade in all my SW stuff to have Angel back again. Vader ( the SW killer) is finally calmming down.  

Brian, hang in there. take some good pics and fondly remember Tucker in the years to come. It may be hard but you are doing the right thing in not letting him suffer.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2003, 11:08 AM »
Sorry to hear about Tucker Brian.  :(

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile