Author Topic: The SW figure opener's dilemma.  (Read 1744 times)

Offline DooMTrooper

• Youngling
  • Move along... move along.
    • View Profile
    • My cruddy pics.
The SW figure opener's dilemma.
« on: April 23, 2005, 02:09 PM »
I just wanted to know if other people enjoy the dilemma of whether to display your SW figures battling against each other or in sets, say Jedi's or Sith.
I know some of you are army builders and do things a little different but do you change formations sometimes too? :D

I usually swap around every 3 months or so, however It's getting more difficult with the great ROTS figures.

**When you've just emptied two barrels of a shotgun into the head of your favorite bartender it's a pretty good bet that happy hour's over.**

Offline Andy_R

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: The SW figure opener's dilemma.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 02:24 PM »
IMO modern figures will never be worth more than they are now. 
And since modern packaging looks so dull and boring (with few exceptions), there is no reason not to open them.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 08:36 PM »
Right now, I have shelves for: Rebel Alliance, Cantina, Jabba's goons and PT. Also have a Clone Wars war scene on top on my desk unit, including a gunship (which really needs to be hung up...). I, too, change stuff every now and then. On the Alliance shelf, I've had VOTC Han & Chewie posed with guns drawn for a while. Just yesterday I put their weapons away and leaned Han against Chewie as in that classic promo still. ;D

« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 08:39 PM by Ook »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 09:39 PM »
I've got about 1500 or so loose moder figures on display, all in dioramas.  I tend to move a scene or two around ever few months to keep it fresh.

Still working on my ROTS scenes.  Those are gonna be a lot of fun.

:P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 08:21 PM »
No dilemma for me. I open everything except for silver exclusives. I have a three story imperial base that I'm trying to expand to add more troops that I don't have room for.

I also display my near complete vintage set (I only need Ev9D9 and Luke stormtrooper) along side their modern counterparts in an old stereo cabinate.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline SiteC

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • SiteC's Figure Collection Page
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 12:38 AM »
I used to have things organized by and a separate shelf or area for: show/movie>character>Chronological Order of character's outfits>etc.

Now that I have been slimming down my collection, I have pretty much condensed about 5 lines of action figures into two curio cabinets and gotten rid of anything large such as ships and vehicles when possible.  They have just been falling into place along the way, with no real order. 

Once I am done separating "keepers" from "sellers" then hopefully I can have a slimmer, trimmer, collection.

I learned being a completeist gets you nowhere but broke and stuck with some stuff nobody else wants. 

Offline DooMTrooper

• Youngling
  • Move along... move along.
    • View Profile
    • My cruddy pics.
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 05:26 AM »
I plan on getting a couple of black bookshelves and mini spotlights when I move.
I have no room to put stuff where I want at the moment, and still have to find space for my Resident Evil and Mcfarlane figures.
Was interesting to read what you guys do with em :)
**When you've just emptied two barrels of a shotgun into the head of your favorite bartender it's a pretty good bet that happy hour's over.**