Author Topic: 8" Metal Hyper Hero Real Action Doll Collection  (Read 13524 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 8" Metal Hyper Hero Real Action Doll Collection
« Reply #15 on: February 7, 2007, 12:25 AM »
So Robby.jp has a preorder up for the Real Doll Vader. Wholesale 8320yen or $69.23 US or $81.84 CDN.

Winner... RoBBy. 

$80CDN, that seems reasonable, even after adding shipping.

BBTS has it listed as a May release, HLJ will start accepting preorders in March, but RoBBy will only accept orders until Feb 12th, so I'd better make up mind quickly if I want the best deal.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 7, 2007, 12:31 AM »
All great places to deal with Jesse, I won't be getting one but if I did I would go with RoBBy. This Vader is a must for your focus.  ;)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2007, 05:10 AM »
I had finally decided to bite the bullet and order one of these from Robby.jp, but once they contacted the manufacturer, I was told I had to order a minimum of 6.  At $80 a piece, I had to pass because I didn't want to get stuck with them.  :(

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2007, 08:30 AM »
I totally forgot about these. The Vader looks good, but i don't think i will bite at that price. I would like to see the Boba Fett which may get my interest a little more. I just need to tell myself i dont need these.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline gasman034

• Youngling
  • Things are not as pretty on the inside.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2007, 01:25 AM »
Starwarsshop.com has the Vader and a Boba Fett up for sale--both $99.99 each before shipping costs.  They look interesting.  Lots of parts and articulation.  I'm going to pass, though...just can't justify getting sucked into another line.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2007, 09:09 AM »
I saw the Boba Fett and really like it, but at that price tag i can't justify buying it.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline sithtoys

• Youngling
    • View Profile
New Tomy-Direct Darth Vader Figure AWESOME!!!
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2007, 12:06 PM »
I found a new 12" Darth Vader figure from Tomy-Direct. This thing is just awesome!! Looks highly detailed, and with a ton of extras. The best feature is the posable metal body. It reminds me of the unproduced Vader Marmit figure

Here is the link to the site:
Hobby Link Japan
I have a few on the way, I will post some pics when they get in.

Bill

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2007, 02:10 AM »
I look forward to your pics.  I've been wanting one of these for a very long time but haven't been able to convince myself that it was worth the cost.

Offline R5Don4

• Jedi Initiate
  • just ignore this *******
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2009, 01:44 PM »
Being a child of the seventies and having had 8" Megos the Darth Vader intrigued me, but I passed on it because of the inaccurate helmet.  Lucasfilm had this line produced as part of the 2007 30th Anniversary Collection.  I didn't know about the Boba Fett until recently. Finding info about this line was pretty sparse but the Boba looked good enough to take a chance on - especially since I have really enjoy my Medicom RAH Boba Fett.  The only problem I've had with the RAH is that I'm terrified to touch it for fear of snapping a hip joint.  Not a problem for this bad boy though, that little die cast metal body is solid as a rock. 

Rather odd scale, 20 cm/7" not too much else to scoop accessories from.  Well here are some pics.

A review of the Darth Vader. http://swftoys.wordpress.com/2007/10/20/review-tomy-direct-8%E2%80%B3-diecast-darth-vader/

Another review of the Boba Fett in German http://durchdeswelt.wordpress.com/2008/03/31/review-zum-tomy-direct-boba-fett/