Author Topic: Breakfast  (Read 7293 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Breakfast
« Reply #30 on: May 4, 2005, 11:47 AM »
Breakfast is often my favorite meal of the day as well, and I'm always up for some "breakfasty" food - pancakes, bacon, eggs, toast, etc.  I've always been the type of person that pretty much has to have breakfast, for some reason that is just when I am hungriest, first thing in the morning.  We don't normally have the "big breakfast" types of things during the week, just on the weekends if even then.  We'll occasionally whip up some pancakes or waffles or french toast....or scrambled eggs and toast type of meal.

During the week, its usually something fairly quick, not too full of calories for the most part.  The Mrs. and I are hooked on these chocolate chip "Mini Muffins" which I believe are made by Hostess.  They are taste-tastic.  We eat cereal fairly regularly as well, with Honey Nut Cheerios probably being the most common.  We've got several boxes of various cereals in the pantry right now we're working on "cleaning up".  I think right now we have the following:  Star Wars cereal ;), Froot Loops, Honey Nut Cheerios, Cheerios, Lucky Charms, Frosted Flakes, Wheaties, and perhaps Rice Krispies.  Other than that, it is often Cherry Pop Tarts or occasionally toast (with cinnamon/sugar or peanut butter).  Oh, and milk and OJ, both staples at our house.  I've actually been able to go through 2 gallons of skim milk a week ever since I was in jr hi/high school on my own :P.

As for those chocolate Lucky Charms...haven't tried them yet.  I'm a fan of the regular version, but I've just never been a big "chocolate cereal" person for some reason.  Maybe because we didn't have it in the house when I was a kid really.  I have had a few types over the years, but I just don't seem to eat it much.  My wife likes Cocoa Pebbles and Cocoa Puffs though.  I've always wanted to try that Boo Berry, we see it in Targets around here from time to time as well.  I've never had it, but have a friend who swears it is the bees' knees.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #31 on: May 4, 2005, 11:51 AM »
Anyone tried the new Chocolate Lucky Charms...they taste like Count Chocula :P

How exactly is it different from Count Chocula, other than the colors of the marshmallows?

I haven't had a chance to try that one.  Like Famine mentioned, I recently bought a box of Apple Jacks for the Light-up spoon dealy, so I'm working on that one for now...

Jeff

Yeah its the same, just colored Marshmallows, I can see the future already...Strawberry and Blueberry Lucky Charms...mark my words (and hopefully Brent can get some) :)

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 4, 2005, 12:21 PM »

I've been reading all these things about yogurt lately, and how its good for you this way and that.  These smoothie things are actually really tasty, have some calories to tide over hunger, and this kind is organic, so it doesn't have questionable looking ingredients.

There's a new Star Wars cereal out? I'm there. I don't care how un-organic it is.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #33 on: May 4, 2005, 12:28 PM »
Yes, I saw that at the local Grocery Store the other night.  We tend to alternate every other week with our on-line Grocer and the big MegaMarket since Produce is a lot cheaper at Cub Foods

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 4, 2005, 12:29 PM »
Yes, I saw that at the local Grocery Store the other night.  We tend to alternate every other week with our on-line Grocer and the big MegaMarket since Produce is a lot cheaper at Cub Foods

People drop your groceries off to you? Wow.

I think I'd prefer to chose my own groceries from the store, myself.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #35 on: May 4, 2005, 12:55 PM »
Yeah, its slick as hell I tell you.  And would you prefer shopping with a 3 year old and 1 year old asking for this and that and this and that for the whole time you're there, too?

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 4, 2005, 01:04 PM »
Yeah, its slick as hell I tell you.  And would you prefer shopping with a 3 year old and 1 year old asking for this and that and this and that for the whole time you're there, too?

I take my two 8 and 9 year old sisters to Wal*Mart, into the toy isle. Try me.  :-*

Well, at least I don't have to change diapers.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...