Author Topic: RotS Product Leaks: Already?  (Read 30706 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Assault Vehicle Assortment
« Reply #120 on: March 7, 2005, 11:56 AM »
Target and its employees are slaves to the DPCI numbers - if there is a shelf tag/peg tag that has a number/bar code and that space is empty AND the computer says they have more of that item in, they will restock the peg/shelf.

This is why Target is leaking these items at stores all over the country -- because their inventory systems are telling them to restock the shelves.

I'm pretty sure the Collection 1 figures have the same DPCI number as the preview wave, so as soon as the Preview Wave sale/discounts end, don't be surprised to see those figures start to leak out early too.

Yeah, I agree.  Since Target did not give the Vehicles and GH 2-packs a new DPCI number, I'm sure most places just re-stocked the stuff when they had it.  Most of the other new stuff for RotS has a new DPCI number.  So, when the Target stockers scanned the shelf, it popped up stock was in the back and they put it out I guess.

Seems awfully strange though that it happened ALL OVER the country in the span of 1 weekend.  I wonder if it was a Target wide test of the April 2nd date?  Leak a whole bunch of stuff and then see what happens?   :-\

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: RotS Product Leaks: Already?
« Reply #121 on: March 7, 2005, 12:09 PM »
I'm pretty sure the Collection 1 figures have the same DPCI number as the preview wave, so as soon as the Preview Wave sale/discounts end, don't be surprised to see those figures start to leak out early too.

Actually, it appears that I had the number wrong on the piece of paper I'd been using...

Anyway, here are the DPCI numbers (again) in case anyone is looking for them:

SW Episode 3 Basic Figures - Collection 1:
087-06-1263

SW Episode 3 Basic Figures - Collection 2:
087-06-1328

SW Episode 3 Basic Figures - Action Collection (Deluxe):
087-06-1327

Also the numbers go up to 087-06-1334 - which is the Mustafar Playset.

Like an idiot, I had written down that 087-06-1244 was also the number for the C1 figures - my bad.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #122 on: March 7, 2005, 03:40 PM »
Looks like Mark at RS was able to find a bunch of figures at Target today...inlcuding the Red Royal Guard

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #123 on: March 7, 2005, 03:47 PM »
Looks like Mark at RS was able to find a bunch of figures at Target today...inlcuding the Red Royal Guard

Oooh... it'll be nice to finally get pictures of this figure since we first heard about it back in January.  I hope that he's as nice as the blue version, especially the under-armor - I can finally get off my butt and do a Kir Kanos custom!   :)

Jeff

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 7, 2005, 03:49 PM »
I'll be interested to see pics of the red version, hoping it looks spiff.  Still hoping someone will decide to put out some product early around here :).  Congrats to everyone on their finds though, less to buy later on at least, and nice to get something a little early too.  Anyways, just looking over the list Jeff has in the "2005 Figures Release List" thread, it looks as if we have seen (even official via Hasbro) pics, as well as heard of sightings of basically 40 figures so far.  With the exception of the army builders wave in there, I think we've seen pics of all of these, and they have at least been found somewhere.  Are we really going to see 40 basic figures on opening day?  Not that I'm complaining, but our checking account certainly is :).  The list, courtesy of Jeff, and guessing that the army builder wave is coming later on....

Revenge of the Sith - Collection 1, Wave 1 - April 2nd, 2005
III-01 Obi-Wan Kenobi
III-02 Anakin Skywalker
III-03 Yoda
III-04 Super Battle Droid
III-05 Chewbacca
III-06 Clone Trooper
III-07 R2-D2
III-08 Grevious’ Bodyguard
III-09 General Grevious
III-10 Mace Windu
III-11 Darth Vader
III-12 Emperor Palpatine

Revenge of the Sith - Collection 2, Wave 1 - April 2nd, 2005
III-13 Count Dooku
III-14 Chancellor Palpatine
III-15 Bail Organa
III-16 Plo Koon
III-17 Battle Droid
III-18 C-3PO
III-19 Padme Amidala
III-20 Agen Kolar
III-21 Shaak Ti
III-22 Kit Fisto
III-23 Royal Guard
III-24 Mon Mothma

After the April 2nd Onslaught, this stuff should start turning up (exact dates and waves may vary, but this info is pretty solid)...

Revenge of the Sith - Collection 1, Wave 2 - late April 2005
III-25 Tarfful
III-26 Yoda
III-27 Obi-Wan Kenobi
III-28 Anakin Skywalker

Revenge of the Sith - Collection 2, Wave 2 - late April 2005
III-29 Ki-Adi Mundi
III-30 Saesee Tiin
III-31 Luminara Unduli
III-32 Aayla Secura

Revenge of the Sith - Collection 1, Wave 3 - May 2005
III-33 Clone Commander
III-34 Clone Pilot
III-35 Palpatine
III-36 General Grievous

Revenge of the Sith - Collection 1, Wave 4 - June 2005
III-37 Clone Trooper
III-38 Neimoidian Warrior
III-39 Wookiee Warrior
III-40 Destroyer Droid

Revenge of the Sith - Collection 2, Wave 3 - June 2005
III-41 Tri Droid (Medical Droid)
III-42 AT-TE Gunner
III-43 Polis Massan
III-44 Mas Amedda

And that's just the basic stuff....yikes!  Finding a few things early sounds better than ever right now, just to spread it around :).
« Last Edit: March 7, 2005, 03:50 PM by mosnab »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #125 on: March 7, 2005, 03:53 PM »
It sure looks like all of those are coming Brian, its going to be an amazing onslaught.  But...I wonder why then there will only be 16-20 figures for the rest of the year.  That seems pretty lame...Unless they have more and more to release post Comic Con

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 7, 2005, 03:58 PM »
That's what I was thinking as well, pretty slim for basically June-Nov/Dec.  There usually seems to be things that aren't announced for the 4th quarter of the year, but who knows.  I would think we'd see the ROTS DVD release in November-ish, so maybe they'd have a little bit of a pick up then, but who knows.  I really have to get it through my head that I don't need all 40 on opening day ;).  I never would have expected quite this big of figure release for opening day, at least not 40 or more figures at once.  I'm wondering which figure(s) will be the "hot, hard to find" figures this time around.  I think that Dooku, Yoda, and to a lesser extent Hangar Duel Anakin were the toughies last time around, only to see them much more frequently later on.  I think Dooku and the Royal Guard were my toughest finds for the first couple of months, but did anything from AOTC really end up being rare?  Like they say, patience is a virtue.  Now if I can learn to exercise it :).

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 7, 2005, 04:26 PM »
Well - time to definitely start typing in DPCI numbers into the price scanners again. I didn't do it this morning at the one Target I was in - mostly out of glee for finding the Assault Vehicles.

I'm willing to bet that the timing of as many stores getting this stuff in, coincides with these same stores starting to receive their ROTS stock.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #128 on: March 7, 2005, 05:14 PM »
I'll be interested to see pics of the red version

Here's one that popped up on eBay today...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 7, 2005, 05:24 PM »
Nice to see that the red Royal Guard is for real.  I figured it would be.  I'm just curious why they're putting them out the way they are.  It just seems strange.

Got another story of vehicles leaking out.  Once again, from Target.  My buddy up in Sacto, CA scored me the Tri-Droid fighter, Grievous's Wheelbike & Obi-Wan's fighter.  I hope I wind up having enough product left to buy to be eligible for the exclusives on April 2nd.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 7, 2005, 05:46 PM »
It sure looks like all of those are coming Brian, its going to be an amazing onslaught.  But...I wonder why then there will only be 16-20 figures for the rest of the year.  That seems pretty lame...Unless they have more and more to release post Comic Con

Maybe they're gonna surprise us with the AT-TE, Juggernaught, and some 25th Anniversary ESB items.  ;)

:P

Offline Firebat

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 7, 2005, 07:58 PM »
I wish some ROTS items would start to leak around here. I haven't seen a thing besides the preview stuff.....

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 7, 2005, 08:21 PM »
I'm wondering which figure(s) will be the "hot, hard to find" figures this time around.  I think that Dooku, Yoda, and to a lesser extent Hangar Duel Anakin were the toughies last time around, only to see them much more frequently later on.  I think Dooku and the Royal Guard were my toughest finds for the first couple of months, but did anything from AOTC really end up being rare?  Like they say, patience is a virtue.  Now if I can learn to exercise it :).

This is entirely the approach I'm taking for this lineup.  Patience is key.  I'll happily buy army builders as I see them and won't hesitate to pick up a Vader (or two) but beyond that, I'll sit back and either wait for clearance pricing or someone to start selling off their loose stuff at half the original price. 

Given it is the "last" star wars movie ever, I think we'll see an onslaught of figures not too dissimilar to that of Episode I.  I'd expect we will see tougher to get figures that will parallel those of the Episode I timing - your Sio Bibbles and Holo Sidious'.  I expect a massive onslaught of stuff (at least in the US, Canada I'm a bit more leary about) for the first three months, then we'll dry up around these parts, about the same time you guys start seeing new stuff and clearances of older stuff. 

I'd also expect a new batch of figures around the DVD release, probably including multiple 3 packs.  The Walmart ones sold very well in most places, as I recall, so I can easily see something like that being commissioned again.  I fairly expect they'll be rehashes or simply re-releases of figures that were done singly - Anakin/Obi/Dooku; Vader/Palpatine/Grievous, that sort of thing. 

I think ESB, unfortunately, is going to get overshadowed by this movie and it's paraphenalia.  It's too bad, but if the movie lives up to the promise it's shown from the leaks, perhaps we'll survive the disappointment after all ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #133 on: March 8, 2005, 11:57 AM »
Last Saturday I went to a convention and one dealer had roughly a dozen basic figures for $10 a pop. He said he found them in some store.

I didn't buy any, for two reasons:
--In a month or two they'll be everywhere, and I'd be kicking myself for overpaying.
--That's the textbook definition of scalping, and I'm not going to support such behavior. I did get $40 of POTF2/EpI/POTJ/CW merch, which likely came from stores as well, but I rationalized that somehow it doesn't count because the stuff is so old now. ::)
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 8, 2005, 12:39 PM »
Do you ever get to work, see your voice mail light flashing and cringe?  I do.  All the time.  I usually have a couple of dozen emails to respond to and more than enough other crap to do, let alone what I'm supposed to do in my job (like post in JD).  Anyway check the one message (thankfully) and it's a guy I know telling me that a Walmart a half hour from here has 12 different ROTS figures :o  The guy is a LOTR collector so he's at least cognizant of subtle differences and I have no doubt he is telling the truth.  Out the door I go and what do I find?

Revenge of the Sith - Collection 1, Wave 1 - April 2nd March 08, 2005
III-01 Obi-Wan Kenobi
III-02 Anakin Skywalker
III-03 Yoda
III-04 Super Battle Droid
III-05 Chewbacca
III-06 Clone Trooper
III-07 R2-D2
III-08 Grevious’ Bodyguard
III-09 General Grevious
III-10 Mace Windu
III-11 Darth Vader
III-12 Emperor Palpatine

Yawn, so passe now.   :P

The figures are pretty nice, to some degree and disappointing in others.  I haven't opened any of these and I don't intend to keep most of them.  I'll pass them on to JuvyD (collects trilogo carded figs) if he wants them.  Otherwise I'll keep some and return some others.  General comments based on what I could see through the bubbles:

Obi - nice sculpt, decent likeness.  Two hilts and they're different (?)

Anakin - at first look he looked good, but then I looked a little closer.  His non-gloved hand looks like crap to me and he has a really good tan going on his face and hand??  I don't think I like this figure (right now).

Yoda - sucks.  Really, he does.  He's got this (relative to his size) uber long neck thing going on and the face sculpt sucks, IMO.  Some weird accessory tucked in the bottom of the package as well and I have no idea at this point what it is, it doesn't show up in promo pictures.

Super battle droid - if it doesn't break apart at the slightest movement, it's an improvement.  If it does, why did they release it again (for the children!)

Chewbacca - is ******* huge.  That's cool, I think.   :-\  Remember those pics of Tarful (sp?), the warrior and Chewbacca?  Well this chewie looks to be bigger than both and both of those were bigger than any previously released Chewie.  The loss of scale relative to other figures (Saga, POTF2, etc.) pisses me off.  They have a marker - Luke.  All things should be relatively sized to that.  There is no need to make Wookies even bigger now.  This is a nicely done figure though, the paint app on this is pretty nice though I'm not a fan of the bowcaster like it is.

Clone trooper - basic clone, what else could you want?  Well, better paint apps, but most of the flaws on mine were under the arms, so I can live with that.  Large and small weapons are more than welcome.  Like the new helmet. 

R2 - ummmmmmm.  Ok, the paint is a bit weird, but maybe it'll make sense once I've seen the movie.  The dome paint is ****, no other way to put it.  A couple of attachments and a base of some sort tucked in there as well.  I like R2, so I'll own one, I just don't know how happy I'll be. 

Bodyguard - whatever.  Doesn't do much for me right now, hopefully will when the movie comes out.  It seems small and I have a feeling it's going to be out of scale relative to the Wookies.  Again, need to see the movie before passing final judgement. 

Grievous - nicer than the preview figure but as I don't have it open I can't really compare.  They cheaped out on the saber hilts but they did that with Obi as well.  Obi's saber he's holding is blech, the packed in hilt is really nice.  It's an ok figure, but we're bound to see what? 4-5 of him?

Mace - finally.  The face sculpt isn't perfect, but it's pretty darn good and a far sight better than anything we've seen yet.  I do like this figure and wouldn't complain about paying full price for it. 

Vader - looks....thin?  It's ok, the cloak looks nice - it's double and the cloth looks like it's decent and will fit properly without being bulky like the VOTC Ben/Luke cloth.  The neck chain bites as it sort of sticks out front unnaturally.  I'm tempted to glue it down :-X

Palpatine  - neat, the face is just a tiny bit off, but the paint apps are good, the neck is well done.  His face is just a little too round and the eyes are a bit funky, not quite realistic. His saber is a piece of crap too, the hilt looks shorter than Yoda's for no explicable reason. 

These things cost $8.92 up here at Wallyworld so no price increase and no decrease either.  After taxes that's $10 and change but it's normal for us.  Of them I'd be happy paying full price for Vader, clone trooper, Mace.  I'd be okay paying full price for Chewie, Palpatine and Obi (my biggest surprise by far).  I think lots will like the Grievous and his bodyguard, they aren't badly done.  Anakin, Yoda, Battle Droid and R2 bite.  Honest.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.