Author Topic: Ruprecht's Customs --Similar Stuff-- (Update 8/1/07)  (Read 42092 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Bjardkerr's customs
« Reply #15 on: June 5, 2005, 04:55 PM »
B-

These look great! Sorry I haven't replied earlier, I have been really hooked on KOTOR2 for the last few days :P

Aerial troops- That camo is so cool! I love the sky and ground mix. I love 'em.

Gree- From the neck down he is perfect, I love the backpack. The helmet is still incorrect though, I don't know that I've seen a correct Gree helmet yet, including my own. The one reference picture that seems to be used the most, isn't cooorect. I think it is a concept shot, because it is different from the movie.

Shocktroopers- they look really good. I think you could scratch them up a bit. And I know the shoulder pad isn't movie accurate, but I really like it.

Keep it up! I look forward to seeing more of your customs. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
Re: Bjardkerr's customs (Updated 9/9/05)
« Reply #16 on: September 9, 2005, 03:38 PM »
It's been a while since I've been on the web, so here are some customs I finished a couple months ago.  Let me know what you think. 

Things I know: 

Their visors look like crap, due to me experimenting with glowing mediums and other such things - I'll be redoing those.

Bly's colors aren't correct, but I was just following what I printed out.  *shrug*

Gree and his personal Delta Squad

Delta 62

Delta 07

Bly and Amigo

Bly

Bly's amigo

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #17 on: September 9, 2005, 04:07 PM »
These are some great clones!  The level of detail on that Gree Delta Squad is very impressive, nice work!   
I like the weathering, it's not too much and it looks very decent.  When I weather I tend to go overboard, so it's good to see you don't make the same mistake  ;)

Are those accessories on the Delta Squad from BBi figures or from something else (or a combination of things) ?  They fit in really well.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 9, 2005, 04:34 PM »
Thanks G!

The accessories for the Deltas are a combination of parts from GIJoe, BBI, Lego, and other SW stuff.  Tons of dremelling, sanding, gluing and such was required.  All their rifles are the M249 SAW from BBI, with much of it chopped off.

It took me so long to do these, that it burned me out on doing any camo or custom armor and weaponry work for a long time.  I have some pics of my aqua clone to upload too, so stay tuned!

B

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 9, 2005, 04:48 PM »
Here's my Aqua Clone.  I made 2, but the air hose on the other looks like hell, so here's my favorite.  Again, the visor's hosed, but oh well.

Aqua Clone

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 9, 2005, 05:16 PM »
nice detailed painting and good imagination on the aqua clone. i like the gree delta squad too, lots of detail. what did you use to make the shoulder armor look so big on both shoulder of the delta behind the sniper? it looks like a at-te gunner shoulder pad, but with somthing extra on the left shoulder. great work!!! ;D

erik
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #21 on: September 9, 2005, 05:41 PM »
GREAT camo job on the Aqua Clone!  I also like the blades on his gauntlets - they look very cool.  They look like fins, but also like he means business  ;)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 9, 2005, 06:23 PM »
what did you use to make the shoulder armor look so big on both shoulder of the delta behind the sniper? it looks like a at-te gunner shoulder pad, but with somthing extra on the left shoulder

It's 2 at-te gunner shoulder pads.  The one on his left shoulder is turned around so it wraps around the back of him.  I put 'em on him, then glued them together.

Thanks for the comments!

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2005, 09:52 AM »
Dont be so critical of yourself, you are very talented and your customs are off the hook, post some more pics, if you have any more.

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2005, 12:08 PM »
Holy smokes, I love those clone commandos and the Aqua clone! The camo on the aqua clone is awesome!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2005, 12:09 PM »
Wow, where to begin?  Some custom Clones that are some of the finest I've seen!

Gree - He looks really good from what I can see.  I think once we all have seen the new Gree in person from Hasbro, that we'll be glad we've made our own versions.

Gree's Grunts - All of them have excellent detail, paint jobs, etc.  But what sets them apart in my opinion is the level of detail you put into giving them accessories.  They all look oustanding.

Bly and Amigo - They both look great, I guess that Amigo could use a bit of weathering to match Bly more.  The only thing that looks odd is the visors, I think they should be darker.  I prefer black.

Aqua Clone - What a great concept, paint job, additions to his armor, and his underwater gun is fantastic.  Just the visor looks a little off... again, I think you could have left this as pure black.  But it's still a great figure.... since the helmet is removable, you could always get another from an AT-TE gunner and retry it.

Great job all around!

:P

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2005, 12:31 PM »
Thanks guys, it's good to hear such talented peeps like my work.

As for the visors, I agree with you chewie - mostly.  I don't know what kind of trip I was on, but all I want to do every time I see them now is Xacto the coloring off.  When I do, I may or may not put on a much darker color of visor paint with a tad of the glowing medium.  They just look so cool when it's dark, with the glow and all. 

B

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2005, 01:18 PM »
While I agree with chewie on the colouration of Bly and his amigo's visor's, I'd keep the silver visor ofthe aqua clone. It just looks right to me.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2005, 01:43 PM »
Man I love these guys. Gree's crew is awesome. BUt my favorite is the Aqua clone . Awesome camo pattern on that one. Great job. You should give him a "S.E.A.L." team to command.

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2005, 12:57 PM »
I love Gree's dudes. I also like how when you look at the airial clones from above, they're camoed with the ground and when seen from blow, he's camoed with the sky. Clever and impressive. ;)