Author Topic: Star Wars Birthday Cake Toppers  (Read 3451 times)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Star Wars Birthday Cake Toppers
« on: June 14, 2005, 04:16 AM »
Here's one from off-the-wall. Back in April, I was in the grocery store and noticed the catalog of licensed birthday cake items sitting on the bakery counter. I remembered some SW stuff I'd gotten before, and decided to look through the book. I found this interesting pair of Revenge of the Sith Vader items pictured on a cake. One is a figural bust of Vader. It's a pretty damn nice sculpt, too. It's a novelty item that has this voice gimmick. I first thought it was electronic, but it turns out it works like a kazoo. You talk into it, and it sort of reverberates your voice. Anyhow, it's mostly a nice looking tchotchke to set on your desk or shelf. It really is a nice sculpt; I wish had better pics of it to show. It's got a keyring on the back, but I can't imagine carrying that big nugget around.

The other thing in the set is a plastic trinket that has sticker on one side picturing Christensen as Anakin, and the other side is a really cool sculpt of Vader's mask. It's actually a 3D rendering of Hasbro's stylized scowling Vader logo! I thought that was pretty damned cool. It's the only time I've seen that in 3 dimensions.

I was in the grocery store today looking through the cake book again, and noticed a Web address, www.cakes.com So I looked up their SW stuff, and here ya go: http://cakes.com/search/index.cfm?fuseaction=cakes.findbyTheme&search_field=star%20wars&search_by=text The set I described is there, and there's a sweet lookin' little yoda figurine on that bottom cake. :) Oh, crap... his saber lights up. I might have to get that!

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Birthday Cake Toppers
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 04:54 AM »
Sometimes the grocery store will sell them to you, without a cake, for about 5 bucks.
They Yoda is cool, no way I could carry that Vader kazoo as a keychain though,
but it does look cool sitting by the computer.

A few years ago they made some OT stuff too, and EP1 and 2 stuff.
The company that puts them out is called Deco Pac.
Adam

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Birthday Cake Toppers
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 07:08 PM »
Yeah, they soaked 6 bucks for the pair. Think I'll waste another 6 on Yoda. ;D