Author Topic: How long do you see yourself collecting?  (Read 2557 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: How long do you see yourself collecting?
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2005, 03:46 AM »
I started with vintage in the late 80's/early 90's...  I'm in this for the long-haul.  If the line goes till I'm 60 or if I go before, then that's the way it is...  or till I'm 70, or 80, or 90... 

If they changed scale though, I'd likely quit.  I wouldn't support a wholely different toy line I think...  Or if the line was completely "animated" style figures (just throwing out obscure hypotheticals), I'd hang it up.

If another company took over the license just after it reached its maturity with Hasbro, and said company made 3.75" realstic sculpted figures, I'd probably just move over to that company's stuff...  Unless it was utter crap.

I've never really had a problem finding women who can "stand" the hobby at the very least...  So that's not really an issue.  Financially, it'd take something pretty bad for me to make me quit...  I'm in it for a the future as I see it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2005, 03:34 AM »
Common sense in my life, as it is right now, is screaming for me to quit. I've been full-speed with Star Wars since the modern line launched. And I'm 30. Dammit.

It takes up lots of space, adds lots of mileage to my car, causes me stress finding new items, often made me late for work, delivers knockout blows to relationships, and gets expensive as all hell.

If those aren't not enough reasons to quit now...

Problem is, I really do enjoy the figures. I love the posters, busts, and assorted other distractions. There's an enormous sense of satisfaction that I get from cracking open a new card, looking a brand new figure over, and having it sit on the desk for a while. I honestly enjoy the end result of the hobby. I can't see giving that up.

Plus, what the hell would I do with my time if I wasn't pissed off at Hasbro, TRU, Target, scalpers, and Hot Wheels *******?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 03:35 AM by Tydirium »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2005, 11:22 AM »
I will probably never stop entirely.  It is something that will probably always interest me in some way.  To be honest after this year it will undoubtedly diminish.  I just can't spend the money like I would like to on it.  I am hoping someday to get a room in the house to make a halfway decent display though. 

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2005, 12:07 PM »
If past experience has been any indication, I won't stop at all.   :'(  That's not bad, its just bad on my wallet. I did think I was gonna forgo ROTS, and for the most part I have - only $200 or so spent so far!  It helps not being a completist.

I'm sure I'll keep picking up figures here and there even if the whole line drops in popularity. My interest will last only as long as my love of the movies; however, so that seems like that will keep going for a long time.  I don't see myself giving it up completely.