Author Topic: Land of the Dead  (Read 3892 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: Land of the Dead
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2005, 06:13 AM »
Im looking forward to this alot! Just as much as I was for ROTS.

Its been a long time coming for Romero to have another zombie flick. After the lame Dawn "remake" or retelling or whatever they wanna call it this is a breath of fresh air.

Im sorry to hear that most of you don't like Day of the Dead. But thats what opinions are for. Sci Fi Channel butchers it by taking all the good scenes out of it.

Im sure since it's rated R that alot of the good gore scenes won't be shown but that's what unrated DVDs are for.  ;D

I remember my dream now.

Offline Killer185

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2005, 07:05 PM »
They like to have the mobs of zombies in the bigger cities.  Fine with me, as long as St. Louis stays normal.   ;)

I'll probably go see this.  I like these kind of sicko movies.  The new 'Dawn of the Dead' was good in my opinion, and this will be hard to top that.

'Day of the Dead' really sucks in my opinion.  It was actually on Sci Fi on Saturday.  And yes, I watched it (again).

:P
Ya, it would of been nice to see that.  But still going to see this never the less.  Love the dead films! ;D
"Lose it? I didn't lose it. It's not like, "Whoops! Where'd my job go?" I QUIT. Someone pass me the asparagus. " - Lester Burnham, American Beauty

Offline Darth Paul

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2005, 06:31 PM »
Zod:  I work as a grip in the lighting department.

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2005, 07:20 PM »
"Land of the Dead" trailers have left something to be desired. The reviews are mixed, those coming from places like Bloody-Disgusting are somewhat favorable, naturally. Still dying to see it..no pun intended.

"Day of the Dead" is one of my favorite films of all time, and yes, Sci Fi rapes it without remorse. Rhodes' lines are totally butchered, thus ineffective. "Day" has the best executed gore in any Horror film I've ever seen,

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2005, 07:31 PM »
Im one of the few who liked Day of the Dead as well.  But Dawn is still the undisputed winner of all zombie flicks.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2005, 07:34 PM »
Indeed. DAWN RULES!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2005, 10:33 AM »
Anyone doing the Pittbsurgh premiere party Wed. night 6/22 ?????

I figured if anyone else is going I'd meet you down there.  I have a ticket to the premiere and afterparty.

Should be fun, the afterparty is at Deja Vu lounge after the movie at the Byham.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2005, 04:33 PM »
You are lucky. I so wanted to go to that but being in California its difficult.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2005, 04:57 AM »
Todd mentioned an $80 pricetag...  As much as I'd liked to have gone, that's 2 lawn tickets to concerts (plus some extra $), and that sorta stings.  Rather than going to the premiere though I'd dig going to the afterparty just for fun...

Surprised he just picked a club down in the city though...  Seemed odd, but whatever.  I wonder if Deja Vu's just off-limits that night or what?  Have a good time Bob...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2005, 12:19 PM »
There's some pics up at www.photobucket.com enter bobafett14 for the album click on land of the dead
Tarantino was there, some good shots of him, Shawn of hte Dead director, Romero, Savini, Rodrigez, etc.

Got the Land of the Dead premiere booklet signed by Romero. Woo Hoo!!!!!
Micahel Jordan was right next to me, and I fumbled the camera around and only got the back of his head as he walked around the corner in the club.

Was a great night, the movie was good, lots of unique kill scenes, have to gert creative after a hundred different zombie flicks have been made.  Dennis Hopper played a pretty good bad guy, a little static, but stil good.  Lots of Pgh. mentions.

All the ushers and ticket agents etc. were made up very well to look well, dead.  They had a hearse parked in front as the limos were pulling up, some nice touches.  It was at the Byham, shich is reight across the street from where the very first movie theater was built. (little history for you there)

Fun evening.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 12:20 PM by bobafett14 »
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2005, 02:55 PM »
First gas station was in Pittsburgh too, but the sight it was at is A) in a bad part of town, and B) is only marked by a little plaquard that you don't wanna stand around long enough to read for fear of death.  :)

At least that's what I think I recall learning at the Heinz History Center during my bull**** Sociology course.

So the premiere was good?  Funny that Jordan was there...  There's a lotta celebs in town right now for the Lemieux invitational...  May have to check the movie out just to see the Pitt references actually...  I was gonna wait for DVD on it simply because I'm cheap.

Sounds like it was fun Bob, wish I could've gone.  My buddy owns a hearse and is trying to fix it up to dragrace some.  I doubt he does, he just talks a lot, and he's cheap so he won't sell it for even what it is worth (wants more) or I'd buy it from him.  Hearse's make for a sweet ride.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77