Author Topic: TOMY Remote Control R2-D2 at SWS.com  (Read 38938 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: TOMY Remote Control R2-D2 at SWS.com
« Reply #30 on: September 4, 2005, 03:57 PM »
I recently won an auction on eBay for the POTF2 remote control R2-D2 and it is so much fun!  Of course, the wire connecting the controller to R2 is a serious pain in the ass, so I think I'm going to have to get my hands on this smaller (and wireless  :)) version.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 4, 2005, 08:21 PM »
We ordered a few of these a while back..Any idea when they'll ship Jesse? ???

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2005, 08:47 PM »
Well according to the front page, these are arriving at doorsteps everywhere. I cancelled mine though. Anyone else got theirs?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2005, 10:42 PM »
Well according to the front page, these are arriving at doorsteps everywhere...

Don't know about "doorsteps everywhere", but it arrived at my doorstep this morning.  ;)

Of course, I'm right next to SWS.com's distribution center here in L.A., so it'd make sense that I'd be among the first to receive it.  But everyone else's should be en route now too, so they should be arriving throughout this week, I'd imagine...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 10:44 PM by JediMAC »

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2005, 10:46 PM »
So have you tried yours out Matt? Does it actually work? I remember from the Hasbro Q&A at Comic-Con they were trying to get it to work and it wasn't.
I remember my dream now.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2005, 10:52 PM »
Nope, haven't busted it open yet.  Probably won't get around to it for a couple days still...

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2005, 03:23 PM »
What!!? you're gonna make us wait that long?! I know your busy rearranging your SW but come on...give in to your curiosity.....and...quit teasing us..I wanna Hear about it! :-*

What, the new phsychidelic haircut got you thinking differently too??! Don't hold back now- ::)

Ahhh I wonder if you can affix magnets to it to "receive" the TV remote-that way-while I'm watching football and throwing the remote I can "send in a droid..." (to retrieve it) ;D 

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2005, 08:35 PM »
yeah I would like to see if they work or not, if they do I might end up getting one.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2005, 01:40 PM »
These are continuing to show up, as I received mine this morning from FedEx.  Although it is a little pricier than I would have liked at $20 plus shipping, it is quite a fun little toy.  The little bit I've been able to mess around with it, I haven't had any trouble with it working correctly.  Kind of neat, and glad I ordered it.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2005, 02:32 PM »
These things look very cool, but since they are slightly out of scale with the 3 3/4", I can pass. I'll just play with Matt's. ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CrunchyNug

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2005, 04:12 PM »
A co-worker of mine received his today at work and called me into his office for a quick demo.  Needless to say, that's all the convincing I needed.  I ordered one immediately.  It is so friggin' cool!!!  It works beautifully.  One button makes him go forward, the other makes him spin around.  He lights up himself, but the sfx come from the lightsaber control.  I know he's a bit more than I would usually spend, but again, as soon as I played around with him for a bit, I was hooked.  I can't wait to get mine now!!!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2005, 12:44 PM »
What, are you trying to talk me into buying one as well, Jeff?  ;)

Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2005, 03:30 PM »
I love this toy!!!  You can actually change his forward direction if you turn his front wheel.  You can't make him turn right or left directly but when you press his "spin" button, just let up on it in the direction you'd like him to go and he can actually roam around a table without falling off.

As for the package itself, the top and bottom are held to the plastic by one long piece of tape so you can actually take the bottom piece off, take R2 out and play with him (after you undo the three wire ties) and then package him all back up by re-tying him and sliding the bottom back in the package.  I made the mistake of taking the top off and trying to get to him from that direction and it is a no-go.  He has to come out from the bottom.

All in all - well worth the twenty some bucks I paid and can easily be displayed right back in the package when not in use.

PS:  Both R2D2 and the remote have on/off switches and with a mini screwdriver, you can easily change the battery once it dies out.  I never checked the size but am assuming calculator/watch size will do.
Beth

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2005, 05:57 PM »
I loves it. The LED light is sooooo bright if you turn the lighs out he virtually lights up the wall he's heading towards! ;D

I guess the only downfall(as pointed out by my daughter) is that he doesn't make that wooooowwww sound like he does when the Jawa's get him or in the xwing(shot) ::)

I tell my daughter that's part of the play that she make the sound for him(which she's pretty good at) 8)

gonna see if I can attach magnets to him to "fetch" pens, paper clips ect ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2005, 06:23 PM »
I got mine about an hour ago...  Terrorized the cats already.  :)  What a neat little toy.

And it cost what?  The same price as an exclusive Target figure rehash?  My god that's pitiful.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77