Author Topic: "Evolutions" assortment...  (Read 175159 times)

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
Re: "Evolutions" assortment...
« Reply #840 on: February 17, 2006, 09:10 AM »
yeah, thats for sure.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: March 12, 2006, 06:29 PM »
I cant find any white clone evo sets...  :'(
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #842 on: March 12, 2006, 10:17 PM »
I saw themonce in December and never again.  Oh well.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #843 on: March 13, 2006, 04:06 AM »
They've been long gone for a while>  I think Entertainment Earth has some though, check our front page for the link and browse their site.  I believe they have individual sets for fairly reasonable prices.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: March 13, 2006, 05:12 PM »
Yeah but wouldnt they get jacked up because of the price exchange?
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #845 on: March 13, 2006, 06:11 PM »
Hmmm...  Up to Canuckia?

I'm assuming you'd just have to pay American $ prices and whatever the difference between the two curriencies is what you'd have to pay...  I know of no retailers these are being spotted at lately though.  I've not read anything anywhere.  I saw them for $35 at the Toy Show this past weekend...

Etailers seem the route to go right now unfortunately.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: March 14, 2006, 03:11 PM »
Yeah but wouldnt they get jacked up because of the price exchange?

Yes and no.  The reality of our currency and the US being right next door is there is often a price differential on these.  Add to that the etailers charging more often than brick and mortar stores and there's a good possibility of paying more. 

But do remember that Canadian retail for these was $34.99 plus the taxes, so topping out at a nifty $39.88 CAD at the only retailer that carried them here, TRU.  If you do the exchange rate that works back to $33.89 USD.  So there's your baseline price to get one of those sets into your hands at the same price (minus cost of gas for transportation) to have picked one of these up locally. 

Now I will add the caveat that the Anakin-Vader set was only $29.99 when it arrived, but sold so well that the price was bumped by $5 at TRU for the Sith/Clone sets.  They did the same thing with the Saga five packs.  The Bounty Hunter set was only $29.99 and each set after that was $34.99. 

So US retail on these things was what again?  $19.99 or something? 

Face it, you're in Canada.  It sucks for collecting. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline johndeschenes

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: March 17, 2006, 12:13 PM »
I would love to see an Evolutions for luke skywalker!
any ideas on to what the figures should be based on?
From Epsiode IV, V, VI.

please do provide your input!!

thanks john

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: March 19, 2006, 01:34 AM »

1. ANH: Luke skywalker in stormtrooper disguise.
Why? : We need one, not another farmboy luke.
Also he should be SA and must have a removable helmet.

2.ESB: Bespin Luke Skywalker.
Why? : We already have a luke in bespin gear, but he has gotten beaten to a pulp and aside from him who wants to use a steroid using lunatic of a poft2 bespin luke?  :P
He should come with Pistol with working holster, light saber with the ability to plug into his belt.

3. ROTJ: Speeder Bike chase luke Skywalker.
Why?: Everybody wants an SA luke in speeder gear!
He should come with a poncho, helmet, lightsaber and he should be SA.

That would be awesome!

Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #849 on: March 20, 2006, 09:00 PM »
For me, I'd go with this for a Luke Evolutions:

-ANH Farmboy Luke...  While he has a lot of figures, he hasn't got a defnitive version of himself in that outfit.  Considering the importance of Luke in his farmboy clothes I think that's a sorely missing item in the line.   His extras could include a (good) removable Stormtrooper belt w/grappling hook, stormie blaster, blastshield helmet, saber (clips to his belt), and softgoods poncho w/floppy hat.  Lot of that stuff they already have sculpted, save for a good stormie belt really.

-ESB (gets harder to choose here) Bespin Luke...  Luke spends most time in his ground pilot uniform, so it's my choice for an iconic "growth" of Luke look.  Include a removable belt/holster, and if Hasbro wanted to get creative, I think they could pull of a removable Bespin Jacket.  It would cover Luke on Dagobah AND Luke on Bespin.  While some may not like that, I think that they could do it right and it'd look pretty spiffy to me.  Include a saber (hooks to belt), blaster pistol...  Removable hand for Bespin, of course...  If they wanted to get really really really creative, a "damaged" head would be cool for his battered and bruised look on Bespin.

-ROTJ Luke...  Personally I'd like superarticulated Luke with a removable softgoods vest.  Underneath that he'd be in his Death Star duel duds (if they could make the chest flap a "heat/cold activated decal" like the damage on Stormtroopers, that'd be simply amazing).  Pack in, obviously, his saber and a softgoods vest w/Endor helmet and that'd be Luke for all seasons in ROTJ really. 

I'm amazed, at this point in the line, that a truly great DS Duel Luke doesn't exist, same with Bespin Luke who has had some pretty half-hearted efforts in my opinion.  For that matter, Hoth Luke's been short-changed a bit despite a number of versions of that figure made.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
"This is the way."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #851 on: March 20, 2006, 11:36 PM »
For me, I'd go with this for a Luke Evolutions:

-ANH Farmboy Luke... While he has a lot of figures, he hasn't got a defnitive version of himself in that outfit. Considering the importance of Luke in his farmboy clothes I think that's a sorely missing item in the line. His extras could include a (good) removable Stormtrooper belt w/grappling hook, stormie blaster, blastshield helmet, saber (clips to his belt), and softgoods poncho w/floppy hat. Lot of that stuff they already have sculpted, save for a good stormie belt really.

-ESB (gets harder to choose here) Bespin Luke... Luke spends most time in his ground pilot uniform, so it's my choice for an iconic "growth" of Luke look. Include a removable belt/holster, and if Hasbro wanted to get creative, I think they could pull of a removable Bespin Jacket. It would cover Luke on Dagobah AND Luke on Bespin. While some may not like that, I think that they could do it right and it'd look pretty spiffy to me. Include a saber (hooks to belt), blaster pistol... Removable hand for Bespin, of course... If they wanted to get really really really creative, a "damaged" head would be cool for his battered and bruised look on Bespin.

-ROTJ Luke... Personally I'd like superarticulated Luke with a removable softgoods vest. Underneath that he'd be in his Death Star duel duds (if they could make the chest flap a "heat/cold activated decal" like the damage on Stormtroopers, that'd be simply amazing). Pack in, obviously, his saber and a softgoods vest w/Endor helmet and that'd be Luke for all seasons in ROTJ really.

I'm amazed, at this point in the line, that a truly great DS Duel Luke doesn't exist, same with Bespin Luke who has had some pretty half-hearted efforts in my opinion. For that matter, Hoth Luke's been short-changed a bit despite a number of versions of that figure made.

Luke has been short-changed in general really. I think the only version that has really done him justice is the new VOTC pilot Luke. It has a good sculpt and some really nice articualtion. The new TSC Tatooine Luke, may be the best version of farmboy Luke but he seems to be lacking much articulation. It really wouldn't be hard to slightly retool the VOTC troopers, neck to allow for a Luke head to be put on.

I'd love to see a Luke Evo set, at this point the $20 pricepoint would actually be almost he same as buying 3 individual figures. Hasbro is missing out on a great opportunity by not continuing with this line. I don't think I've ever heard anything really negative about any of theses sets.
"This is the way."

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: March 28, 2006, 04:28 PM »
Well I dont know about you guys but I would still buy evo sets.
If not for the nice figures then for the packing(I'm a loose collector but I still like it!) and the extra accesories.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #853 on: March 28, 2006, 05:10 PM »
If you want Evoulutions packaging, I have lots of it to sell. ;)  I was hoping some packaging customizers would pick it up but no takers yet.

I do like the packages too.  I display them and VOTC packages...  I'm not much for the cardboard stuff but I figured I paid for it so I'm showing it off.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 28, 2006, 05:54 PM »
Well I still have a ton of packaging lying beside my bed. Saga-TSC from figures to vehicle boxes.  :P
Clone Commander Appo.