Author Topic: Target Exclusive Lava Reflection Anakin and Obi-Wan  (Read 30266 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Target Exclusive Lava Reflection Anakin and Obi-Wan
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2005, 06:57 PM »
I am sure these are going to suck, but i know i will buy them anyway.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2005, 07:18 PM »
What the ****? I'm convinced Hasbro is run by a bunch of ******* morons.  Better give them **** Matt at SDCC for them producing **** like this.

Morons?  Yep.

Me give the morons ****?  Most definitely.  >:(

More Lava Reflection figures?  **** that, and Hasbro can lick my sweaty, stank 'nads for sticking it to me and my completist brethren once again.  I don't like to use this word loosely or out of it's literal context, but the only word I can think of to describe them right now is rapists.  Financial ******* rapists.

What do you think would happen if I asked them all to bend over for us collectors when we're at the SDCC Q & A panel?  Show 'em how it feels.  Think they'd go for it?  :-X

I'll keep buying all this **** however (and yes, I KNOW that is a part of the problem here), but the fun of this hobby is long gone now.  It's just a chore at this point.  And none of us like doing chores, right?

I'm assuming Hasbro's going to try to pull a rabbit out of the hat down in San Diego though, and throw something really cool and unexpected at us to try to diffuse all the anomosity over the plethora of upcoming rehashes.  They can't be this completely stupid and out of touch, can they?  Rat bastards.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 07:23 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2005, 09:35 PM »
I laughed when I saw this.  Next year we're going to get Lava Reflection Padme, you know. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2005, 09:50 PM »
  They can't be this completely stupid and out of touch, can they? 

Yes.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2005, 10:10 PM »
DUMB!  I think Target is becoming the biggest rip off retailer around when it comes to Star Wars collectibles.  Hail Walmart!   ;)

:P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2005, 10:36 PM »
http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?action=viewimage&imageid=15935&text=&categoryid=3631&box=&shownew=

Well, they aren't too terrible...

Sure, they are repaints (yet again  ::)), but I kinda like the "lava-y" bases and the darker ashen look of the paint job on them.

I'll probably be happy to buy these... until I find out they cost like $13 again.   ::)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2005, 10:40 PM »
Yeah, now that I see them they actually look pretty good (covers his head with arms).  I was thinking they would look like total crap.  I still don't want to pay $12 each for them though.  But that did not stop me with Lava Vader and their Clonetrooper.  I don't know we'll see if I get it or not.  I could probably let this slide by the wayside. 

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2005, 12:13 AM »
Darn ... I really, really, really hate to say it, but I must admit those don't look like total crap. They actually look kinda cool, unfortunately. :-\

I'm still not buying them though--on principle.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2005, 12:17 AM »
A while back I reported that the local Hasbro rep told me that Target exclusive figures at the $12.99 price point was on the Target SW planograms all the way until the fall.

This explains why that's the case - these figures will be $12.99 each, packed in the clamshells and since they aren't really army builders, will HOPEFULLY be easy to acquire.

Jeff needs to get hopping and get us some new DPCI numbers for Target - we need these figures and the Plo Koon starfighter!  ;D
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2005, 12:22 AM »
Jeff needs to get hopping and get us some new DPCI numbers for Target - we need these figures and the Plo Koon starfighter!  ;D

I'll put out the feelers tomorrow...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2005, 01:48 AM »
This year's comic-con seems to be a downer in terms of new product. Think about it, last year we were eagerly waiting for VOTC and OTC images. There were a lot of cool figures coming out on cool cards. This year: annoying exclusives and repainted figures. ???
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2005, 03:32 AM »
As much of a downer as this day has been for a lot of us, I don't mind these, at least in theory.  Using figures with action features as fodder for repaints doesn't make any sense (as Brent pointed out), but the look they're going for actually does work.

OK, I'll say it.  I like them.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2005, 05:23 AM »
I'm assuming Hasbro's going to try to pull a rabbit out of the hat down in San Diego though, and throw something really cool and unexpected at us to try to diffuse all the anomosity over the plethora of upcoming rehashes.  They can't be this completely stupid and out of touch, can they?  Rat bastards.

The only way they could do that is show us the upcoming Quinlan Vos figure. And that will not happen.

As for these...Dammit Hasbro has me by the balls when it comes to the Jedi so I'll be getting one to open and one to keep carded. Dammit!!! >:(
I remember my dream now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2005, 08:49 AM »
Honestly, after seeing them now, I don't mind them that much either.  I'm not sure I'll part with $13 each for them (if that is the price), but if they were regular figures I'd probably bite.  They are more repaints, and that bothers me, but they don't really look too bad...much better than the Lava Vader in my opinion.  The bases are kind of neat too.  We'll see, depends on the price, but I might pick these up.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2005, 09:03 AM »
They are neat looking and the exclusive aspect will cause these figs to fly off the shelves - no doubt about it.

Really we can't be surprised with this lame ass news coming out of Comic-Con.  Hasbro blew their wad with the first 56 figures - each one a new mold.

Hindsight being 20/20, they should have held back and released the new figures (by that I mean new molds) evenly over the course of the year vs. all new figures the first half and repaints the second half.

Get your CC ready - EE.com is your best bet to securing these rehashes (if you want them).

Retailers are sitting on TONS of the first waves (and will be ordering light on SW for the rest of the year) - these new figures have Sio Bibble written all over them.