Author Topic: Darth Maul Lightsaber  (Read 5762 times)

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Darth Maul Lightsaber
« on: July 29, 2005, 12:00 AM »
I was looking at ebay for Darth Maul stuff and came across his lightsaber auctions.  Have you seen the price on them?   Anywhere from $40 - $50.   :o
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 12:01 AM by JayDouble »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Darth Maul Lightsaber
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 10:56 PM »
I saw one in a fairly beat-up box for $50 at my local comic shop. I couldn't believe it was going for that much money.

I wasn't into the role play lightsabers back when these were massively cheap at KB, so I don't have Maul's or Qui-Gon's sabers.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 2, 2005, 10:49 AM »
Hmm, with the MR version coming next year, it might be time to sell mine. ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 2, 2005, 11:57 AM »
Wow, 50 bucks?!?!  The market for lightsabers has really increased in the past few years, post-AOTC, I guess.  I still remember my local Wal-Mart sitting on about 30 each of this and the Qui-Gon saber in the fall of 2000, even at clearance prices.

I actually like the toy, although I wish it would have stayed lit all the time, and that the blades were as long as the regular lightsabers.  Other than that, it's still probably the best proportioned lightsaber hilt that Hasbro has done.

And even though this isn't the thread for it, the Qui-Gon saber still rules. :)

Offline alexandertrooper

• Youngling
  • 501st for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 2, 2005, 09:06 PM »
I bought mine years ago for a halloween costume,  so its still kicking around in my collection some where.  Personly I was never really into the toy lightsabers but I do really like the master replica fx stuff.

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #5 on: August 2, 2005, 09:40 PM »
All the sabers are getting some $$$.

I switched gears a few years back and went back to trying to get the role playing stuff.

Numerous reasons from a collectors standpoint other than it's pretty cool stuff:

A) The kids all seem to clamor for these, and around the Holidays the parents seem to always have them in the carts

B) That could mean A LOT of these getting opened/played with vs. figures, which even the kids today seem to want to "collect" and keep carded.

C) A lot of people buy these through the years and the $ always spike for Halloween (you'll see this now in Aug., wait until Sept. some decent prices for the common role palying guns/sabers)

D) A lot of costumers (which seem to alwways multiply year after year) will buy the "cheaper" ones and paint them/modify them for thier gear.

E) No hard evidence but as far as the supply side I would guess there are a lot less $20 blasters and sabers produced and sold than $6 figs.

Lots of reasons to collect the role playing items.  BTW anyone out there have a nice "role playing focus????????????   ;^)

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)