Author Topic: Smartypants update 6/24/07 Sith lord  (Read 67386 times)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: SP1635's customs updated 6/3 attack speeder
« Reply #165 on: June 6, 2006, 11:17 AM »
I know, I've always tried to figure out what to do witht the back pack, and now I did ;D

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: SP1635's customs updated 6/10 ARC team Redone
« Reply #166 on: June 10, 2006, 05:43 PM »
UPDATE 6/10

Hey everyone, well you saw a few weeks ago that I was redoing my ARC squad. Well today I got a HFG battle pack that enabled me to finish my renovation. I still have the other half of the team to go.

First here is a group shot of the first group.

And now close ups on all of the Characters. The first one is my commander.

Next is My second in command

Then my Jet trooper Arc with all his gear finally. His Jet pack is removable as well.

And Finally My Explosives Expert.

Recipes
Commander:
                     Waist Up SA clone trooper
                     Legs and Waist ATTE tank gunner
                     Cast helmet( Made by me ;D)
                     Jango gauntlets
                     Arc waist coat trimmed of plastic fabric and replaced with cloth
                     Arc pauldron
                     Arc pistols made from the long DC15 and Outriders holster design
                     BBI head
Second in command:
                     SA clone
                     Evo helmet with Arc rangefinder
                     ARC pauldron
                     Waist Coat trimmed and real cloth added
                     Rykrof head with Greenstuff (so it doesn't look like Rykrof)

Jet Trooper:
                     SA clone
                     E1 mace head with painted hair and gotee
                     Jango jet pack
                     ARC paulrdon
                     Cloth added to original belt

Explosives Expert.
                     Sneak Preview Wookie
                     trimmed off braids from head
                     BBI rocket launcher
                     Sculpy armor
                     Cloth Waist Coat.

Well that's about it.... Well umm let me know what you guys all think

PS on a random side note, I know the Holsters look real big, but man look at that first picture I mean jeeze it looks awesome. :P
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 06:40 PM by Smartypants1635 »

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 10, 2006, 06:04 PM »
These look pretty good, SP...I have a couple suggestions, though:

Maybe place the holster on your first ARC on his belt...I think it looks a little bulky and just a bit unrealistic. It's made nicely and everything, I just think it would look better if it were somewhere else.

Your second in looks really good...the sculpting of the hair looks very realistic, were you going for a 'helmet head' look? It's really dead-on.

The Jet Trooper looks very nice too...maybe sculpt some hair on Mace's head?

The Explosives expert is just top-notch work. I love the sculpted armor, it looks very professional. How long did it take you?
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 11, 2006, 11:33 AM »
I love the Wookiee!  Very good job, and a Wookiee seems perfect for that type of work.  I'd love to see more pics of him.  Good update Smarty.

:)

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 11, 2006, 02:22 PM »
I love that Wookie Too!

Great Job Sculpting that Armor! One Suggestion, Through on a Pair of Goggles from the Stealth Woverine They it the Big Wookies Perfectly, and would touch off this Custom Perfectly.

Keep up they Great Work,

Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #170 on: June 11, 2006, 03:02 PM »
Thanks guys,
Can I get a ruling on the others too. ???LOL

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #171 on: June 14, 2006, 08:40 PM »
Hey Update everyone ;D

Soo first on my list is a sith lord I constructed few weeks ago.  I havn't come up with a good name, any suggestions will be appreciated.

Next Fritz and AE77 today helped me with realism weathering, I think it turned out pretty good ( I used the magic weather wand Fritz) I used the technique on them all but didnt feel like snapping shots of them all again.

Next is my Heavy gunner Redone. I cleaned up his paint job a bunch and added a few things.

Then we have my Melee trooper redone, I changed his power fist out and reweathered him.

Heres something I know you will all like. My wookie With shoulder pads added and a custom built helmet.

heres a pic of his rifle that he uses when not launching rockets.

Then we have a totally new Idea, Ive never seen anyone do something like this. A slicer ARC trooper.

A shot of his back pack

wrist datapad and screen

and his helmet

His back pack is an extension o f himself he can plug in since he's half robot also allowing him to interface with the computer. The back pack follows his thoughts like DOC Ocs robotic arms. The arms can help hold his weapon while he hacks or can do a multitude of things.

SOO let me know what you guys think.

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
Re: SP1635's customs updated 6/14 big update
« Reply #172 on: June 14, 2006, 08:55 PM »
Nice line-up, Smartypants!  For some reason, your photo of the red, green, & blue clones together puts me in m,ind of Huey, Dewey, and Louie... I wonder why.  ;)

The Trandoshan Sith Lord is really neat and creative -- like the softgoods skirt.  Only thing is, the Vader shoulder armor is still very recognizably Vader... perhaps a bit of repainting, especially on the silver parts, might help it look different.

I like the Wookiee in armor, too.  Nice sculpting, and another neat idea.  We see Humans in armor all the time, especially Mandalorians, but no aliens.  Is this Wookiee meant to look Mandalorian, or even just quasi-Mandalorian?

Happy customizing!  :)

... the Findswoman

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 14, 2006, 10:07 PM »
Nice! The painting is smooth and crisp. That arm on the Melee Trooper reminds me of Mega Man. I like the Slicer ARC the best though. Really good job!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
« Reply #174 on: June 15, 2006, 05:40 AM »
love the slicer clone....and for the transdoshan sith....how about darth scaleus
in the words of a famous admiral......

ITS A TWAP!!!

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
« Reply #175 on: June 15, 2006, 09:33 AM »
Great group of customs SP! I really like your wookie custom.  The armor looks great and is a nice touch.  I also like how you gave each of your clone a unique look to separate them. 
Visit www.phalanxxdesigns.com - Custom Figures and Cardbacks.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 15, 2006, 10:37 AM »
You've been busy Smarty!

Trandoshan - I love it.  I would suggest making the neck peg a little shorter, or having it go into his head deeper though.  but other than that, a great custom.  Very evil looking.

ARC Troopers - Very well done, what an improvement.  Suddenly it looks like you've taken a huge leap on your painting!  Very nice buddy and better than Hasbro's versions.

Melee Trooper - Nice concept, the helmet seems a bit odd, but the rest of the figure I like.

Wookiee - Good upgrade, the helmet on his rocks.  I love Wookiees and this guy looks like he could talk on the whole Empire himself.

Slicer - That is a totally original idea... well done!  I love the different parts you used, really well done and a great idea.

:)

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #177 on: June 15, 2006, 01:32 PM »
Very cool adjustments smarty. I love all the little details youve added.
Great work.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 15, 2006, 02:11 PM »
Great update Smarty.  For the Trandoshan - how about Darth Tuskus.  I agree with Chewie that the peg looks a little long.  Otherwise, its a great looking custom.

However, the Slicer is my favorite.  Very nice execution on this particular trooper. 

The weathering and additions to the ARC squad looks really good.  Some of the photos are still blurry so we don't get all the details.

I'm not sure on the wookie helmet.  I just haven't decided if I like or or not.

All in all a good update.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #179 on: June 15, 2006, 06:19 PM »
Hey, thanks for all the great feedback.

Esther: Thanks for the kind words, I'll take your idea about the Trando's armor into consideration. Also, the Wookie armor is roughly based off of clone armor, so if clone armor is based off of mandalorian armor I guess it is Mando-ish.

Travis: Thanks buddy, glad you liked this batch. I never really thougth about him looking like megaman. I used to watch megaman and play the games when I was little( I still do from time to time) I guess I subcontiously incorporated his design ;D.

Brisk: thanks for the compliment :)

Phalanxx: I like the wookie alot too. :) On the note of them all being different, I try to differentiate them to give them the optimum look for each job they cary out.

Justin: Thanks Buddy for all of the kind words. On the Trando, I see what you mean about the neck, I've added some greenstuff and hope to post some pics tonight. On the Arc troopers, all the credit for improvement go to Ae77 and Fritz for the help. Mellee trooper, I wanted him to be a bit different ;) On the wookie, it was difficult finding something that could serve as shoulder gear for him, as well as a helmet. I finally found what I was looking for though, the AOTC assasin droid. ;D and finally on the slicer It was really fun to make.

Brent. The slicer I would say is not my favorite but is pretty high up on my list. The weathering as stated before were achieved with the help of some customizers on the board.

Thanks for all the kind words, updates will hopefully come more often