Author Topic: ROTS Recent Purchases  (Read 254463 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS Recent Purchases
« Reply #120 on: May 13, 2005, 08:58 AM »
Stopped by Target yesterday, and they had a few more figures from #33-40.  I picked up another Tank Gunner (they had 3, actually).  Otherwise, not much else new here.  Oh, and got the first wave of BK toys (and Vader ) at Burger King yesterday.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 13, 2005, 09:42 AM »
I was able to get a Deluxe Vader w/table and Jetpack Trooper yesterday.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 13, 2005, 12:34 PM »
Stopped by the Brick, NJ Target this morning. They had a good selection of figures #33 - #44 - picked up second openers of the Nemoidian, Destroyer Droid and Tan Wookie Warrior (#43). I was also able to pick up my third and fourth (last one) of the SA Clonetrooper (#41).

I was also lucky enough to see that they had received the Dark Brown variant Wookie Warrior (#43) so I grabbed two of that version, one to open and one to keep MOC.

By the time I got there (8:30AM) there was only one AT-TE Gunner sitting around so there also was another collector in at the same time as me who hadn't found that figure yet, so I let him have it. I already have four open and on MOC so I really don't need any more.

They also had plenty of AT-RTs - so expect to see that vehicle all over soon, especially since the Wave 2 case is 100% AT-RT.

No Target Exclusive Clones in sight, the pegs had changed from being labelled as "Lava Vader" to "SA Clone" though.

Only hit two stores this morning - the one WalMart I went to was looking even more especially like a bomb had hit it - they were re-doing their action figure section and everything was all over the place.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 13, 2005, 01:51 PM »
Just went into Target and got:

Deluxe Clone
Cancell
2 SA Clones
Neimoidian

They had all the new stuff; several op table Vaders; surprisingly, a TON of SA clones. Now I'm flat broke. ;D

BTW, all the new Wookiees were light brown. I didn't get any. I'm going to wait and see what color(s) I get in my HasbroShop order. Seeing all those tan ones there, I'm hoping I get 2 dark ones. Then I'll go back for a tan one, as I'd kind of like 2 dark and 1 light.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 01:57 PM by Ook »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 13, 2005, 03:34 PM »
Had a trade today and scored some other stuff...

1 x Clone Trooper #41
1 x Neimoidian #42
4 x Wookiee Warrior #43

loose R4-I9
loose R3-A2
loose Hoth Han Solo (SAGA, blue)
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 13, 2005, 03:35 PM »

Deluxe Clone
Cancell
2 SA Clones
Neimoidian

They had all the new stuff; several op table Vaders; surprisingly, a TON of SA clones. Now I'm flat broke. ;D

BTW, all the new Wookiees were light brown. I didn't get any. I'm going to wait and see what color(s) I get in my HasbroShop order. Seeing all those tan ones there, I'm hoping I get 2 dark ones. Then I'll go back for a tan one, as I'd kind of like 2 dark and 1 light.

Which Target was this?
I remember my dream now.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 13, 2005, 03:38 PM »

Deluxe Clone
Cancell
2 SA Clones
Neimoidian

Which Target was this?
Redlands. I would've bought extras, but I spent my last dime and maxed my credit card on this stuff.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 13, 2005, 03:38 PM »
Found a lone AT-TE gunner at WM today, which brings my ROTS basic figure count to 17 unique figures (some have multiples).  Really taking my time buying some of the ******** figures.

Also grabbed wave 2 of ROTS Galactic Heroes.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 13, 2005, 03:39 PM »
I know the feeling. Glad you could find them though.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Avenging Knight

• Jedi Initiate
  • Guardian of Truth and Justice..and stuff like that
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 13, 2005, 06:35 PM »
Picked up a dark fur #43 Wookie today at Upland Wal-Mart.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 13, 2005, 07:21 PM »
I found a Mustafar playset at one of the local disaster areasWal-Marts today.  Decent toy (see that thread if you care for my lengthy thoughts on it) and since it is seemingly the last "big-ticket" item, I felt a great swell of relief when I got it home and opened it up.  Then Obi-Wan kept dropping his lightsaber and I wasn't quite so relieved.   :-\

I am now officially only missing one figure, and I'm sure it's the one figure that everyone else is missing.  Yep, you guessed it: Mon Mothma.   8)

No, I'm kidding, I still haven't found the #41 Clone Trooper.  If they don't ship solid cases of this figure, there is going to be a problem within the next two months. 

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #131 on: May 14, 2005, 01:06 AM »
Went to Target tonight and returned home with:

#2 Anakin with the "Non Dooku" saber
#11 Vader
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #132 on: May 14, 2005, 02:44 PM »
Hit two Targets last night and was shocked by what I saw.  The clones were everywhere.  We are talking about commanders, gunners, SA, regulars and pilots.  I counted 12 commanders in one target, 6 pilots, 3 SA, 4 regulars and 2 gunners.  The second target had few commanders but almost double everything else.  Being bone dry on cash, I just looked at them and hope than some army builder (other than me) can give those clones a nice home ::)

Of course they also had plenty of 42, 43 and 44.  I didn't even look at the destroyer droid but I did get a few light fur wookies.  I didn't know that they were smaller (1/2 to 3/4 of an inch) than the preview wookies.  And I cannot get the small weapon in their hand to save my life.  Oh well.
Gatillo
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 14, 2005, 06:10 PM »
And I cannot get the small weapon in their hand to save my life.  Oh well.

Here's how I finally figured it out.  With the Wookiee facing you, the handlebar (the one that is on the side of the gun) should face to your left.  The part of the gun in the circular opening with the brown around it (think of it like the wrappings around a hockey stick) goes in the Wookiee's left hand (the left hand is actually molded to hold it perfectly).  Then, the handlebar fits in his right hand, but you kind of have to work with it as far as the elbow, shoulder, and wrist positioning goes so it will look okay.

Hope that helps you out!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 06:10 PM by DoctorPadawan »

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #134 on: May 14, 2005, 06:20 PM »
Thanks a lot Doctor Padawan, that really helped. ;D

I was trying to put it in the other hand.  Even that crossbow, which I guess fits in either hand, it still a pain to put and to keep on. >:(

Tell you what, I am nearly 30 and I cannot put toy guns on toys :-\, I feel sorry for the kids out there.  Maybe a PhD is required. ;)

Gatillo
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.