Author Topic: Hemble's Customs- Updated 01/04/2007 Rebel Commando  (Read 61466 times)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: HEMBLE'S CUSTOMS - UPDATED 20/03/06 PAGE 14
« Reply #210 on: March 20, 2006, 04:37 PM »
 [tarzan yell] ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhahhhhhhhhhhhhhahhhhhhhhhhhh [tarzan yell/]
My God you did excellent Hemble, you made it look like real skin. He is a beast man he could take your head off with his fist. :-X

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 20, 2006, 04:49 PM »
It's great seeing how you are able to branch out into different toy lines Hemble.  What a great job you did on this custom.  All the parts are a great match, but it's your painting that just blows my mind.

:P

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #212 on: March 26, 2006, 06:33 AM »
Hi Guys

Thanks for the reply regarding Tarzan really glad you all liked him and Sorry for not replying sooner been busy at work and also wanted to finish off two small SW dio's.

Ron
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 06:34 AM by hemble »

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 26, 2006, 06:46 AM »
Hi Guys

Well here are those two dio's I mentioned I'm really enjoying doing these and I'm looking into doing some bigger projects as well, Well here they are LMK what you think.

Jawa and Gonk droid

The Jawa and Gonk Droid are both from Hasbro they have been repainted using Vallejo and Reaper Miniature paints the antenna is from the Bespin Luke figure and the base is from ML The Punisher Movie figure it has had a two part of wood glue and plaster of paris added to the base.
While still wet sand was added and left to dry, once dry it was painted using Vallejo paints.

Clone Wars  Battle of Kelmar  the 168th Legion
This is of no particular Legion it was something I just made up

This Diorama is just something I wanted to do as I had a few Troopers lying around the are from the Trooper evolution serious.
I have repainted them again using Vallejo and Reaper Miniature paints, The base is from an old DVD container and has plaster of paris and wood glue added to it.
Once dry I glued model railway sand and static grass to the base and once dry painted the whole base using the above paints.
The bush's are plastic fish tank plants cut to size and the shrubs are from woodland scenics both were glued to the base and then painted again using the above mentioned paints.

Ron
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 07:43 PM by hemble »

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Hemble's Customs- Updated 26/03/06 P-15 Pic Heavy
« Reply #214 on: March 26, 2006, 08:08 AM »
man, they look like mini unleashed.... and I am not talking the new crappy mini unleashed figures!!!
They have movement to them, I think in art they call that realism or realistic impression. What a fantastic way to display loose figures instead of boring row after row of the same figure in a bookcase ::)
(gets a little stale folk's)
hemble you are breathing life into loose collecting, keep up the good work... Looks awesome...

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #215 on: March 26, 2006, 09:06 AM »
Absolutely fan-frickin-tastic.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 26, 2006, 09:45 AM »
Ron,  I don't even know what to say about this they are so good.   :o

The robes on the jawa look soooo realistic.  How did you get the frayed looking effects on the bottom??  Also, is that hostler part of that Jawa mold?  I'll have to go back and look at mine but I don't remember that being part of it.  The only thing you do to make this better is break inside the head and add two little LED lights to make the eyes glow  ;)  The GONK is a very effective subtle paint.  The antenna top looks like a great addition.

One the clones, I had to keep telling myself that those were only 3.75" scale figures.  Amazing detailing and the terrain platform is awesome. 

Keep up the great work!!

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #217 on: March 26, 2006, 10:47 AM »
I can't even offer any constructive criticism, They are perfect, the weathering and paint jobs are just amazing :o Keep it up Ron.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 26, 2006, 11:46 AM »
That clone diorama is just plain amazing. I absolutely love it. Top-notch, the ground detail as well as the dead clone is just stunning. All your work is.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Ben's Custom Galaxy
« Reply #219 on: March 26, 2006, 03:30 PM »
Hey hemble,

I love these!!! I love these!!! I LOVE THESE!!!

Your attention to detail is astounding. I love the mud detail on the jawa's cloak. I had to go and get the figure off the shelf and compare. You managed to bring out details that I did not know or took for granted. Amazing! It is always the subtle changes that really bring out the design. The Gonk really feels worn out and weathered down and extremely aged. And that antenna accessory from OOM-9 looks like it has always been there or at least should be. Awesome job.

Hey look, its Clone Commander Custer's last stand ;D.  (A bit of American History Humor, I could not help myself ;D) Another fine example of what you could accomplish with basic weathering and foliage strategically placed. Very well done.

Jedi_Master_Ben
"When I first started, I was just a learner. Now I Am The Master Sculptor!" - Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 26, 2006, 04:54 PM »
 :o Wow!
The Battle of Kalmer eh?
Neat Idea and an exellent idea on how to display loose figures!
Nice idea using a dvd case too, awesome!  ;D
Do the troopers still have removable helmets?
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #221 on: March 26, 2006, 10:25 PM »
Whoa! Hemble, I knew you were the paint master, but these take your skills to the next level!

*very* realistic setting and postures. Nice use of the OOM-9 ant. on the Gonk.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 26, 2006, 11:36 PM »
Hi Guys

stormtripper - Really appreciate the great feedabck and I know what you mean about just having the figures in a row (Boring) that's why I started doing the dio's.

Clone Hunter - Thanks for the kind words.

BrentS - Mate thanks for the feedback means alot.
As for the frayed look it was already on there same as the holster I just brought the detail out with the painting. I was thinking of the leds but decided not to for such a small dio.

Smartypants1635 - Thanks for the reply buddy I'm really glad you enjoyed them.

Darth Nirvana - Cheers mate your comments are always appreciated.

Jedi_Master_Ben - Appreciate the great feedback mate, I must be honest I did'nt think the Gonk droid was going to turn out this well I even amazed myself hehe.

Clone Commander - Thanks mate, Kalmer sounded like I good planet name so hay I went with it, I reallylike the DVD bases there a good size and I have about 6 left so mor dio's on the way.
And the helmets are glued down I used older heads from figures I had lying in the parts draw so I was able to keep the clone heads.

In Rem - Man really really appreciate the comments thanks heaps.

Ron

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 27, 2006, 01:35 AM »
Hemble, the Jawa setup is cool, but the Clone diorama is breathtaking!!!  WOW!

Your painting on them is awesome as always, but the poses you put them in, with the dead troop really brings this to life.  Holy crap.   :)

:P

Offline hyouriittai

• Youngling
  • Objection your honor! The pod race was pretty cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 28, 2006, 06:05 AM »
Hemble! You crazy man! I'm new to the forums, and I thought I'd seen everything, what with the talented folks I've seen at Rebel Scum-- but your work is absolutely amazing!

I've got to say that my favorite, favorite of your pieces is the Teebo. The likeness is simply outstanding, and the use of the static grass just blew my mind. Seeing your detailed paintjobs and now, diorama work, I am getting even more motivated to get cracking on my stuff.

Btw, I really appreciate your kind words on my thread! Thanks.
-Matthew H.