Author Topic: ROTS - #57 and beyond  (Read 52377 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS - #57 and beyond
« Reply #300 on: October 5, 2005, 09:56 PM »
The only one Ive seen warming the pegs is the Wookiee, which is a shame cause it is a decent figure.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 6, 2005, 01:14 AM »
The fig from the EVO set is actually a commando, and the reg release is Bly. Two different figures.

That's the way I look at it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Blue_Harvester

• Jedi Initiate
  • Great Googly-Moogly
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 10, 2005, 11:48 AM »
Found these all at a Target in Pittsburgh this morning.

Of note (and which I hadnt heard anything about until now), the
Wookie heavy gunner has an insert which labels him as #64, but his
cardback labels him as #68.

Similarly, the R4P17 droid is just the opposite.  The insert says the
droid is #68, but his cardback says he's #64)

With this bunch being the final wave of ROTS, I wonder if Hasbro
will bother fixing this.

-EBM
Han shot FIRST. Luke threw TWICE. And it was THX-1138 who wasn't at his post on the big screen back in '77. And I first learned that Vader was Luke's dad in the cinemas at the Tampa Bay Mall in 1980.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #303 on: October 10, 2005, 05:49 PM »
Time to start hitting Targets regularly for stuff other than exclusives I guess, eh Dave?  I was at Target on McKnight the other day and they have nothing short of 6 pegs filled with Neimodian Warriors.  I like the figure but that's obscene. 

They also had 2 pegs of Palpatine, 1.5 pegs of Bail Organa, and the rest was a mix-match, but lots of open pegs if you condensed stuff.  I know this because I stood there and made whole pegs of Neimodians, Bails, Palpy's, etc...  I was bored and the kids were annoying me.

Can't wait for the Neimodians to hit clearance so I have a field day army building that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 10, 2005, 10:51 PM »
Any thoughts on the quantity of these that we're going to see since these are the last of the ROTS line. Anyone think these will be a shorter run than the previous waves? Or, do you think these will be pushed for the holidays?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 10, 2005, 11:31 PM »
Anyone think these will be a shorter run than the previous waves? Or, do you think these will be pushed for the holidays?

My guess is shorter run.  It seems that every line just peters out instead of ending with a bang.  I'd like to be wrong, but that's my neurosis speaking (justified or not).

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 10, 2005, 11:51 PM »
Can someone explain the reasoning behind this case assortment from EE:

Collection 1, Wave 8 contains 12 individually packaged action figures including: 1x Anakin Skywalker (EIII #2), 1x Yoda (EIII #26), 1x Chewbacca (EIII #5), 2x Darth Vader (EIII #11), 1x Emperor Palpatine (EIII #12), 1x Obi-Wan Kenobi (EIII #27), 1x General Grievous (EIII #36), 2x Clone Trooper (EIII #41), 1x R2-D2 with Mustafar sounds (EIII #48), 1x Commander Bly (EIII #59)

Why make a case ASSortment that includes 1 new figure?  Maybe I should ask that Hasbro guy in Watto's??

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #307 on: October 11, 2005, 01:21 AM »
I saw two of that case last week. I was wondering where all those Yodas and Vaders came from. Or course, I couldn't find Bly.  ::)

That's got to be one of the worst cases I've ever seen. But then again, a lot of those figures I haven't seen at retail for a couple of months, so I can see why they're out again.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 11, 2005, 06:45 AM »
The only one Ive seen warming the pegs is the Wookiee, which is a shame cause it is a decent figure.

At least you've seen 57+ in your area...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 11, 2005, 09:34 AM »
That case looks familiar to me as well, aside from the Bly.  Nothing 57 and up around here yet, or if there has been, I've missed it.  Aside from that, I've seen more of Zett, Utapaun Warrior, Pilot Obi, and AT-RT Drivers around.  And, probably due to that case, seeing some Yodas and Vaders on the pegs for the first time in awhile.  Actually, I can believe the "good sales" we've been hearing for the ROTS line, because I honestly don't think I've seen hardly any of the April 2nd figures (for the most part) lately, aside from this latest case.  Just lots of Clone Pilots and Nemo Warriors...lots and lots :).

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 11, 2005, 08:46 PM »
Anyone think these will be a shorter run than the previous waves? Or, do you think these will be pushed for the holidays?

My guess is shorter run.  It seems that every line just peters out instead of ending with a bang.  I'd like to be wrong, but that's my neurosis speaking (justified or not).

That's the way I feel, but I was thinking today, what are they going to push for the DVD release? Just use what they got, or try push out new stuff.

On a side note, I hit a random WM in Virginia today, all they had were a hand full of figures and lots of room for more. You know, a few Neumodians, a Tarful, Mon Mothma, usual peg warmers. I asked if that's all they had and the guy, trying to sound cool and intellegent said, "yeah, we're trying to get rid of those before we get more in." I really had to chose my words carfully when explaing why that was a bad idea and why they were going to loose a lot of mony doing that.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 11, 2005, 11:46 PM »
On a side note, I hit a random WM in Virginia today, all they had were a hand full of figures and lots of room for more. You know, a few Neumodians, a Tarful, Mon Mothma, usual peg warmers.

Judging by that quote Anthony, you hit EVERY WM in Virginia.  It's the same situation in every one I've been in, with the only variants being the amount of Neimoidian Warriors from store to store.   ;)

Hasbro is not helping the "final 12" with these ridiculous case ratios right now.  I know I joked about it with what had to be the most contrived explanation ever conceived (even thinking like Hasbro, I had to stretch a lot) for that 1 Bly, everything else crap Collection 1 case, but whoever came up with that ratio needs to see an optometrist.

I don't know about actual production numbers on things, but the final waves for practically every Hasbro/Kenner SW assortment done in the modern era have been a pain in the ass to find, and with case ratios like that Collection 1 case, it doesn't seem to be changing.  I understand the need to get main characters back out there, but they're choosing the inferior versions of certain figures in most cases and/or figures that aren't really in demand at all (e.g. Utapaun Warrior) as case filler.  Meanwhile, the new figures are not even making appearances in most cases.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the final 5 Collection 2 figures are going to be the bigger pain, since C2 isn't shipped as much as C1, and with this being the final wave before the Saga Collection cranks up later this month (just wait), 64-68 are going to cause a lot of headaches.  Me in particular.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 12, 2005, 10:39 AM »
I find it interseting how things have gone in my area since Oct 1st. The night before WM's big Oct 1st bash(toyland opening) the 4 WalMarts in my area all rec. between 8-20 cases(each store) of wave 7 new figs. I remember that after going to all the stores ..I really could have came home with 40-45 grees or bly's. There were really THAT many in the stores. Then, the following Monday only a single wookie commando was found at all four stores...and ALL those cases were stocked! I can't believe they were vaccuumed like that! Unfortunately now that there gone our stores our pegwarming with all the "refresher" packed figures from those cases :(. (Likely why I havn't seen coll2 yet). But I know these figures WILL sell and then I'll be waiting for the next huge run of coll 2 wave 6 cases to hit-man I'm gonna have a LOT of those blue troopers to trade! ;)

Offline Nerfherder

• Youngling
  • Who's scruffy lookin'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 12, 2005, 06:26 PM »
Only one sniff of final 12 for me so far, though a couple reports have filed in around the area. Ive seen two silver neimoidians in a big bin at wal-mart and that's all. I didnt buy either one because they were scratched up. So distribution is crazy as usual. Some areas are swimming in 57-63 while others havent even sniffed it yet. As for the final 5, all those dreams of getting multitudes of 501st clones might be dashed. Good thing I picked up 3 temple assault packs when I had the chance.

If I was a good painter I could go out tonight and buy 50 #41 clones. But I'm not a good painter. hehe.
Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is.

You must train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 12, 2005, 08:34 PM »
Haven't seen any in VA. I really want that Gree and Wook Gunner and wouldn't mind getting that uber-cool Holo Ploo Koon.  ;)

I was looking at the RS photo archive entrys of the Wookie Commando and Wookie Gunner and I was thinking, wouldn't it make more sense if the Gunner, which includes two detonators and a zip-line, to switch names with the Commando, which includes a gun turret? Because being a Gunner, he would most likely use a gun turret, while the Commando would use "special" weapons such as detonators and a zip-line as observed during the Battle Of Kashyykk.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 08:38 PM by HunterofThePegs »