Author Topic: Star Wars Battlefront II (not to be confused with Star Wars: Battlefront II)  (Read 894 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi Master
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
So EA is having loot crates that you can buy in in-game currency which gives you power ups like less damage, more health, etc or you can just buy them outright.

So it's basically pay-to-win.
Peacekeeper, when it absolutely, positively has to be nuked in 30 minutes or less.  Or the next nuke's free!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Hey like politics!   ::)

Seriously though, that's some lameness.  As ****** a cash grab as their maps were.  It'll make some MP unbearable I'm sure.  If I get this it's for the campaign and story.  Piss on the MP from them.  Still doesn't impress me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Got an invite to the Beta and played a match or two. It's a lot different from the first one. Hard to really say anything since I haven't done much. There will be a LOT more customization in the weapons.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Sounds (from what I hear) they're trying to fix the fumbles from BF1...  campaign has my attention, but short of a really good price early like some games get for black Frida and things, I'm gonna wait I think.

Do wanna play that campaign tho.  Cutscenes alone look like a fun story.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
All that is available in the Beta is a Walker Assault style multiplayer level on Naboo, droids vs clones. Kind of weird hearing the droids with Clone Wars/ROTS voices in Theed. There are different "Classes" of soldiers to choose from, the standard soldier with the blasters from the films, heavy assault troopers, officers, and snipers, and the more points you get allow you to unlock bonus "cards" like special bombers and such.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks