Author Topic: New JD Review: Ask Aak (Republic Senator)  (Read 2362 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
New JD Review: Ask Aak (Republic Senator)
« on: October 14, 2005, 02:54 AM »

I love freakish aliens, so the Senators wave of figures in the ROTS line was nice.  A bit of a bitch to find, but nicely done all around.  That makes this review's focus a fun one to own and pick apart for what's good and what failed.  This week we're looking at Ask Aak (Republic Senator).  Not only do I love the figure, but I even liked the character in the prequals and felt he should've had a figure back in 2002 even.

Hasbro did a pretty bang-up job though on this one, and took the usually duller "Senator" figure and turned it into something special.  There's a number of ball/socket joints, the sculpt rivals the best work Hasbro's done such as Ephant Mon, and the figure's a weighty mofo to boot.  The fact Hasbro did a nice little extra by including a blaster accessory is greatly appreciated.

The lack of accessories with these types of figures is where it can usually be critiqued but all 3 figures in the wave Aak came out in had a gun and a base.  That's pretty nice work.

So check out the review at the link provided and enjoy...  And if you're lucky enough to find the figure, pick up Ask Aak without hesitating because he's a winner to me.  A pegwarmer if he shipped in huge numbers, but he's still a winner for a figure. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: New JD Review: Ask Aak (Republic Senator)
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 05:37 PM »
Another nice review, Jesse I've yet to see this figure at retail, but did manage to get one from Hasblo's website.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: New JD Review: Ask Aak (Republic Senator)
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 03:59 AM »
 Good one to nab online since he seems to not be too high on their reshipping list.  I've seen him a couple times, but in a movie year he's an oddball to be "shorted" on the pegs I figured.  Glad I didn't hesitate on that wave really given how popular it's been.

Tills and Tarkin are good figs too, so the wave was all winners to me.  Aak's probably my favorite overall though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77