Community > Watto's Junk Yard

What do you drive?

<< < (3/77) > >>

Morgbug:

--- Quote from: OCB on April 15, 2003, 10:40 AM ---
My wife drives a Saturn SL2 which is the official day care mobile 2 days a week.  It is a nice car and probably what I will have to drive after we get rid of my baby

--- End quote ---

Geez Scott, your son is only what, a year old?  Little early to get rid of him isn't it?  Oh.  You meant the car.  Sorry. :o

Me have 1998 Nissan Altima.  Wifey has 1997 Nissan Pathfinder.  Pathfinder soon to go, hoping it is replaced by newer Altima or Accord.  Vroom, vroom.

Darth Kenobi:
I drive a 2002  Saturn VEU.  I bought it in January 2002 but didn't start driving it till the June since I didn't have my license, so I let my parents use it up to then.  As of right now I have 7,489 miles on it and its over a year old. :o

I need to drive more I think.

Boba Binks:
I drive a White, 1996,  four-door LSI Tracker with my license plate which has JJ BINKS.
My plate expires at the end of the month. Since Indy has changed to a new plate I could not get JJ BINKS for this year. So I will have to have the standard number plate. Next year I will have something, not sure what yet.

Jesse James:
I just bought a '92 Thunderbird SC.  Let me say first off that these are sweet rides. :D

I got it for $1000, which isn't bad...  I have 3 patches on the frame and floor boards to weld, which my brother will help with since he has all the welding equipment.

I have a patch of body work on the right rear fender that is puttied...  I'm not sure if the car was wrecked or not, but being that there's not a spot of rust on the rest of the body it makes me wonder.  Frame's straight though, but ground effects caused these 2 rust spots in it so there is work to do underneath and I'll pay to have the body patch fixed with a welded patch.

It has a moon roof that's in immaculate shape, power everything inside, and it's really clean in the paint job.  I'm not fond of the color and a factory design in it that I'll eventually have all painted over.

It has aluminum wheels that were made for T-Birds secifically, which look nice.

It has high mileage so I'll be rebuilding the engine over time...

Honestly the car just simply rocks and looks wonderful though, so I'm quite happy.  The only thing that worries me, and the only known problems with them is the Supercharger on the engine.  Improper maintenance = one hell of an expensive part to fix.  I've never owned a car with a SC or turbo or any other speed enhancer like that, so I'll be getting used to that.

One other thing, it's a 5-speed, so essentially I'm learning to drive all over since I haven't driven a stick in quite some time, and I've never driven standards over extensive periods of time.  I'm sure I'll get used to it, but being where I live and my commute(s), I will definately need to get used to it.

Not bad for $1000 though if I do say so...  On top of that, the problem my old car had (An old beater K-car) has likely been solved so I'll have a 2nd car to do some of my driving in, and let me take better care of my T-Bird.

Rob:
Well, after the civics both died we ended up with a 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe - yes, an SUV.  Which I hated from day one despite the fact that it is a very nice car with leather seats, heated seats, 8 years worth of warranty left and a million bells and whistles.

It also got about 18 mpg.

So, this weekend we traded it in for a Mazda3 Hatchback:

We got a 2004, it's the Titanium Gray color (the second picture), is fully loaded except for the navigation system and leather seats, has 3800 miles, ABS, Side Curtain Airbags, Sunroof, 6 Disc CD Player,etc... etc..., and we think we got a pretty damn good deal.

It should be here in 8 or 10 days.

I can't wait.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version