« on: December 27, 2015, 03:20 PM »
Cracked open the new MF with the kids last night. Overall a very fun toy.
- The kids and I really like the Nerf bullet thing. Its really well done and easy to use. It uses standard Nerf bullets, so they will be easy to replace if necessary. I also like that it can retract nicely in to the MF so it is completely hidden.
- The electronics are really nice. I like how it has sensors to know when you lift it up, set it down, and bank it. Different sounds for each part of flight that it automatically senses.
- Its a really solid toy. Lots of solid plastic well put together. I don't see anything that is likely to snap off without abuse.
- I really like the cockpit with the movable steering column. It makes it easy to put in and remove the figures.
- Storage compartments galore. Lots of places to stick weapons, Nerf bullets, etc. so you don't lose Chewie's bowcaster, etc.
- I like the many options for putting the portable cannon in all different spots. I haven't tried to see if the BAW fit in here, or if there are other things that could plug in to the ports. It would have been nice to have a few other basic things like the cannon that you could move around.
- The only thing that I find out of place on this is the price. $140 seems outrageous. Granted I got mine on sale for about $95. It still feels like it should be more like $80 MSRP. I know the X-Wing and TIE Fighter really went up in price too, so by comparison maybe its not terrible, but $140 seems way too high.
This is obviously not collector focused, but I think its a really fun toy. As I type this the kids have loaded up the MF with the crew of The Ghost (and BB-8) and are having adventures. I'd love to see Hasbro do something in this scale with The Ghost that The Phantom could plug in to. A Nerf shooter would be perfect for that age group as well.
Overall well done, just drop the price by 40%.